What's your experience with Windows 10?

What's your experience with Windows 10?

Here's mine
>install windows 10 on usb while using manjaro
>iso downloaded from official microsoft page so i need some shit to add to the installation so i don't need to enter a product key which probably was available in the first place
>it installed
>works like shit
>after installing the drivers everything's nice and all but not as smooth
>tweak some settings for privacy and crap and disable updates

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=1MI1s4hZ_yE
lmgtfy.com/?q=windows 8 hdd 100%
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Also when I have time I'll install Windows 10 LTSB instead of the normal version or some "meme" version made by some fag

trash. even ltsb and server 2016 are fucking unusable buggy pieces of shit. stick with 7, at least it works.

Had it setup to dual boot with Ubuntu. One night it decided it wanted to update itself and wiped out grub and fucked up my linux partition. No more windows ever.

>Install W10 Pro
>It's full of useless shit i don't need/want
>SSD constantly at 100% usage for some reason
>fuck this shit i'm out
>Fall for the W10 LTSB meme
>no shitty "modern" "appz", cortana or forced updates
>only security updates so no extra "features"
>pretty much W7 with W10's interface
>thisisalright.jpg
All Windows versions are botnets and my CPU is already backdoored because of Intel's ME so might as well go with the newest botnet anyway.

It's your problem you're fucking retarded
it's so fucking simple to disable updates

It's just werks for me.

And then I completely got a new computer. Figured fuck now i have to reinstall...NOPE just plugged my old HDD in and it boots the fuck up and installed drivers.

It's rather nice all things considered.

>can't use w7 because of hw compatibility purposes
>w10 has the possibility of screwing itself after an update

I want to use windows 8 but i don't know where to get an illegal image without backdoors

microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows8ISO
After copying the ISO contents to the USB create the file ei.cfg and search what to add

>your retarded opinion

It's more the fact that updating their bullshit OS allowed that to happen, you dickshitter

Just claiming security is dead so we might as well embrace malicious software made by malicious companies and all kinds of shit with secret code constantly networking for god knows why for everything because you "think" your CPU is an open backdoor anyway is retarded and exactly what people who want access to everything want you to do.
If you just don't care then that's a whole other story and you aren't even part of the discussion.
Just like in the physical world, security in the digital realm is about reducing risks and increasing the costs/work necessary for an attacker to breach it.
Nothing is 100% secure, but 80% is a hell of a lot better than 20%.
That's as true today as it was in the days of castles and siege warfare.

>upgrade Win7 machine to Win10 back in 2015
>looks slick, start customizing it
>"I'll listen to music while getting familiar with this OS"
>no audio
>check Lexicon for updated drivers
>"we ain't be got no Win10 drivers for your interface"
>roll back to Win7 SP1 and enjoy music.

I've since sold that audio interface, but the one I'm about to get, an M-Audio Firewire Solo or 410, isn't supported under Win8-10 either.

do you debloated the OS? win10 is knows for his oversaturation of useless shit

wow windows 8 on ebay for only 8 bucks. who would've thought

I slipstreamed the Media Features Pack into LTSB for codecs and shit, installed it on my desktop and it just werks. My same hardware on windows 8.1 would have some weird behavior where on wake from sleep sometimes it would just never turn the hard disks back on. It would just sit there not loading anything and then BSOD. Happened on every fresh install. Never had this problem on 10.

If it weren’t for the botnet I honestly would love W10 in its current LTSB state. But unfortunately I can’t since that’s always going to be a problem with it.

Win7 drivers work under windows 10 fucking idiot

>he pays billionaires

you're a nigger

>8

At least install 8.1 dumbass. Unless you’re a masochist.

Also why would you pay for windows in this day and age? lmao

>fall creators update
>all HID input is beyond fucked, integrated and USB keyboards don't work
>no amount of fucking around with drivers while using only mouse and virtual keyboard will fix it
Kek
Bravo Bill

yeah that dude selling his unopened copy of windows 8 that he got from his boss because he was cleaning house is a huge billionaire
go ride a donkey
dude is asking about illegal shit and backdoors might as well buy the thing legit and not worry about anything

go be a retard somewhere else

>might as well buy the thing legit and not worry about anything
are you a fucking idiot

youtube.com/watch?v=1MI1s4hZ_yE

SOON

thx

make me
have fun downloading food

Windows 10 is like a necessary evil for me. If I didn't game, I'd be using linux.

It automatically downloaded on my shit internet which slows everything to a crawl and I can't turn it off.

eventually downloads and constantly bothers me to install it

I want to install it and dual boot with windows 7 cause i've got a ton of storage so why not

after much searching I finally figure out how to put it on a CD or USB drive and get it dual booted

Play with it for 30m and go back to win7 cause that fucking start menu is garbage

Eventually I set it up and install classic shell and I use it from time to time

>Download creation tool
>Download ISO and burn it to a USB drive.
>Install it
>Finds the drivers for literally everything whereas windows 7 cant even get the ethernet or wifi drivers to function.
> Works perfectly.

That said, i prefer the design of windows 7, but for getting work done windows 10 is pretty good. If i didn't need MS office i would probably use Lubuntu.

>Install legit W10 Education
> open gpedit
> "disable" telemetry ("only" security) and cortana
> disable UWP apps
> block telemetry with pfense
>still using google services

It auto installed candy crush and some clash of clans clones. Thankfully it didn't install anymore after I deleted them but it sure tilted me at the time.

I just did a clean install of w10 pro because of my new mobo and cpu. Are you telling me that w10 is a slow piece of shit in general and that my system isn't the reason why the os is running so terribly? Pic related is my setup.

Why isn't speccy picking up your RAM details?

I'm betting you need to flash your bios or something

Why do you have 3 drives of completely different sizes?

Fully updated W10 was snappier than W7 + all these years of duct taped updates on my hardware. W10 LTSB that is, normal W10 is full of shit i don't care about.

also
>hdd in soon to be 2018
nigger get an SSD, even an used one or a cheap chink one.

I dont know, I just installed it
I had to use an old drive to do a clean install of w10 because the other larger drives had w7 and I couldnt run them on my new pc
So I should switch my current w10 to LTSB?

>So I should switch my current w10 to LTSB?
As i said, that was my experience on my specific hardware and your mileage may vary but try it if you want, it'll probably work better without all that "modern" bullshit.

>old drive

Well that’s part of your problem right there, you’re using an old shitty drive for your clean install instead of installing to the perfectly good newer drives you already have in your system

>about 3 days ago
>Install it in a VM
>can't remove the clock from the bottom right corner anymore, they removed those settings in some of the latest updates, so when you search for "windows 10 remove clock from start menu" you get results for windows 10 2016(?), not windows 10 of november 2017
>shut down the VM
>host complains the OS isn't shut down
>search for shut down in the start menu
>click shut down
>the OS isn't shut down
>search for shut down in the start menu again to change it to shut down instead of hibernating
>no results
>say "fuck it and nvm, let's just go and install vidya, the sole purpose I wanted to set it up"
>install steam
>it installs uplay
>uplay hasn't got the games I expected it to have anymore
>force quit the VM
>delete the VM

I'm not even mad.

It's not that old of a drive though. It's essentially the same rpm as the other larger ones but only comes with a measly 160gb of storage.

Nigga disable fast startup holy fuck are you that autistic?

I don't care, man. It's already over.

Were you even using GPU passthrough or just installing it in a regular VM? How did you even expect to play games?

If that was the case I'd still have Win10 installed. They DON'T work jackass. Lexicon had to develop new drivers to get their shit to work under Win10 and M-Audio's entire Firewire line has no support on Win10 and attempts to get any of it to run using the Win7-64bit driver results in a nightmare of headaches.

someone tell me where to get a w10 key for a vm now that the bay of pirates is gone. need it so i can root this shitty fire 7 tablet i just bought

>windows 8 shits itself, black screen on boot
>install 10
>immediately notice input lag
>soyboy interface design
>computer somehow turned itself on at 4am to do "maintenance"
>formatted and installed 7 home premium SP1 with updates disabled

I'm still using Win XP. I'm thinking eventually I'll get a chromebook for web browsing and continue using the Win XP machine for everything else. For me "everything else" is primarily note taking with WordPad.

>bought my laptop with w10 already on it
>updates at like 3 or 4am when Im sleeping
>haven't noticed a single update ever
>shit just works, no problems
>compute stuff

All in all its been pretty painless

Don't need a key to install. To get a shady key or an activator:
>www.google.com

>Install Win10 from a USB
>It picks up most of my drivers on its own
>Disable Cortana/Automatic updates
>Have no problems

What is so hard about this?

so does local group policy editor really prevent windows 10 from auto downloading / installing updates? that was my big problem with the OS.

As a note, if you ever do plan on upgrading then Windows 7 isn't completley awful, though you're probably fine just staying on XP desu.

what tweaks should I do on a new win10 install? I was intent on staying on win7 but I updated because of a new build. shit's whack man, those microniggers are tracking what I say, where I go, what I'm typing. it's fucked man. I remember only having to do a few things on win7 like disabling UAC and giving myself permissions.

Yes

had few issues with pagefile and some bsod from using torrents, the creators update wasn't a smooth install and I rarely use the start menu as long as I used to. overall 8/10

set it to metered connection

>disabling UAC

why the fuck do you dumb niggers do this? What do you gain from it except getting rid of a popup? UAC is there to act as almost the same thing as gksudo, as one extra prevention for programs to run as administrator without your permission, and yet you dumbasses disable it.

fuck off faggot I don't need that shit because I don't have that retard tier issue that only a brainlet would run into.

>>SSD constantly at 100% usage for some reason
Wait are you trying to trick me into believing LTSB doesn't scan your SSD non-stop completely fucking up I/O and making system unusable? It's hard to believe, even 8.1 had this "feature".

>z370
>kaby lake
I thought they disabled backward compatibility completely?

At least you admit you willingly sacrifice a simple security feature just because your ADHD simply cannot tolerate a 1 second confirmation popup for administrator access.

If you don't have an SSD win7 is the only option for you. Well it's true even if you have an SSD too but at least on SSD win10 can be tolerated to some point.

I have Windows 10 on SSD and manjaro on an HDD. Everytime Windows has a version update like the creators update, i pull out the manjaro hdd and proceed with the win update. If you have Windows and Linux on the same drive sorry but you are not a smart person. If you have a laptop with dual boot i suggest you to make a choice: win10 or Linux.

Never had this problem, dude. Don’t know what to tell you. It only maxed out I/O on my SSD for about 1 hour after a clean install, and that was because it was indexing. Seems like a personal problem.

>laptop
>compute
You forgot to mention you're mentally challenged

>disabling UAC
Might as well use fucking windows XP.

>you are not a smart person

Says the dude running a version of W10 that isnt LTSB. Never have to deal with any version updates because it never gets any, only security updates. The shit they release in the new versions is unnecessary bloat, why would I need it? When LTSB 2016 is obsolete for an actual real reason, LTSB (year) will be out and I’ll just upgrade to that. No reason for any sane person to put themselves through that shit.

>Never had this problem, dude
Then don't respond, I asked the guy who had it.

>spend literally a year fucking with install disk to get the perfect windows 10 copy
>still not done
>beginning to think it's impossible to try to make windows useful
>use linux casually for stuff
>realize linux is just a toy, even with layers of emulation, and a really great machine, it's still not capable for real work with enterprise software seamlessly
>install mac osx high sierra
>no drivers for anything I need
>shit software support
>really nice gui, but lacks customization
>get sad when I realize that there is no OS without an unmanageable amount of cons over pros
>try to kill self with pills
>doesn't work
>wake up with horrible headache
>go back to fucking with windows 10 installation disk

You’re the one who said LTSB does it and so did Windows 8.1, which neither do. It’s just you two.

What the fuck are you talking about, take your medicine.

What exactly is “useful” to you if you go through 3 OS’s and still aren’t happy. It sounds like you have deeper issues, possibly severe autism. I heard lobotomies are the best plan of action for this kind of thing.

why does windows 10 "need" and SSD?

*an, my bad.

>spend literally a year fucking with install disk to get the perfect windows 10 copy
What are you talking about?

>Wait are you trying to trick me into believing LTSB doesn't scan your SSD non-stop completely fucking up I/O and making system unusable? It's hard to believe, even 8.1 had this "feature".

I’m directly quoting your post here where you say it’s hard to believe that Windows 10 does NOT max out I/O on an SSD, because Windows 8.1 does the same thing, which it doesn’t.

I don’t understand your lack of understanding here, unless this post is not you.

Because the meme interface addresses your drive constantly and stutters on HDD.

No autism, just really wish for quality OS. Useful is being able to do cuda optimized multi-gpu workloads with ray tracing engines only available for windows. A problem still not solved in Linux, as gpu-passthrough only supports one single gpu... On top of that, I need to be able to customize my interface to maximize work efficiency with a shitty display.
There are a few applications that do it automatically, like winreducer, but those applications don't offer the ability to remove kernel level tracking. I am using far too much pirated software to be tracked. Though winreducer is nice for quick test, and I have used stuff from it. You can get Windows 10 into 1gb, with 316MB overhead on 128gb of ram.

I directly told you to fuck off and don't respond because you are clearly not the right guy.

>install windows 10
>use windows 10

I'm forced to use it at work.

1. It bluescreens every couple of weeks.

2. When you hit the windows key, you have to wait before you start typing the name of a program - I frequently run into this because I'm used to not having to wait for the gui to update, and the fuzzy search for programs is complete shit/nonexistent (I can't tell because I just go back and type the name from the start every time).

3. It still doesn't remember where your windows were when you unlock it. This means that I spend 30-40 seconds reorganising my windows to the screens I wanted them on for every unlock.

4. It often doesn't resize the windows correctly when it moves something from a larger monitor to a smaller monitor, and on a bunch of applications, this means I don't see the whole window and can't move it to a more sensible screen. The only solution there is to relock my computer, wait a few seconds for it to finish forgetting the layout it had, then unlocking and starting the reorganising all over again.

5. One of the screens is "primary" when you have multiple screens. This is a huge problem when you have screens of different sizes, because a lot of programs will use distances as they would appear on your primary screen to figure out where your cursor is, and so you have to click in a completely different place if those programs are on a different screen.

Those last three are probably the greatest irony of Windows - it's shit at doing anything related to windows.

Sorry sweetie, you and that guy are the only ones with that problem. Hopefully he responds to you so you two can figure out what you both did to fuck up your installs. Oh wait, sorry, I forgot you said it’s just a thing Windows does. Totally not you. My bad.

What do you mean passthrough only supports a single GPU? I’ve done it on Proxmox (which is basically just Debian with certain extra kernel flags enabled) with 2 GPUs to the same windows VM. What’s the issue you had?

>It still doesn't remember where your windows were when you unlock it.
Holy crap
>a lot of programs will use distances as they would appear on your primary screen to figure out where your cursor is
Well this looks like a specific software problem, developers must be mentally challenged. Can't imagine this being any different in other OS.
lmgtfy.com/?q=windows 8 hdd 100%
Be thankful I tolerate your ignorance

Stupid nvidia requires you to have a chipset with sli support the emulated chipset doesn't have this support. Same for nvlink devices.

Well u do something wrong.
>4gb ram
>core 2 quad 3ghz
>hdd
And it runs fast.

Ah okay I get that. I usually only pass through AMD GPUs simply because I can get AMD workstation cards for piss cheap on eBay for KVM usage, explains why I wasn’t aware. Also because I did know that nvidia prevents drivers from activating if it detects you’re running under a hypervisor, so I avoided them in the first place.

Hopefully development on the q35 chipset will eventually enable that support.

>developers must be mentally challenged
I agree. Not shitposting when I say this, but I've found it most frequently happens in software using the Electron framework, or in Chrome plugins. It's most noticeable when you have dropdown menus - the menu location is often right, but the size of the items in the menu gets based on the primary monitor.

>Can't imagine this being any different in other OS
I haven't run into the same problems with the Chrome plugins on Linux or OSX, and I haven't run into the same problems with the OSX versions of the same programs.

I wish my work had got me AMD GPUs, but like most corporations with contracts for rendering, we can only buy and use nvidia products.

>be thankful I tolerate your ignorance

1. The google link you posted is about HDDs, which isn’t what we’re talking about.
2. Still never had this problem.

How hard is that for you to understand? The issue is not with Windows but of the user’s hardware or specific situation. If most of the anons in this thread run it fine without this problem, that should be enough to make it clear that it isn’t Windows, but your own problem. Investigate your own shitty install or shitty hardware before pulling info from the Mariana Trench that you call your asshole.

>install windows 10
>install ccleaner to uninstall modern apps cuz i can't be fucked finding the script
>install winaerotweaker to change some shit to my liking
>use windows 10 with no issues

I have a separate browser profile for hosting web versions of those "electron apps" on windows so didn't really encounter that. I have other issues with electron on mint so not really surprised (my mint machine has 2 identical displays).
Fuck off kiddo

Actually, there is another factor you didn't counted in, but it just improves your argument, that is the "sheep factor".
People will only attack regular desktop computers if they can do it to millions.

>operating systems work like shit when they dont have the proper drivers

INFORM THE PRESSES CALL THE POLICE GET THR MAR8NES IN ON THIS WHAT A SHOCK

Install Gentoo

go to reddit
r/piracy has everything you would ever need in it's wiki and megathread

winshills and loonfags aside
Ive never seen windows 10 run smooth without a ssd

>dual booting off the same drive
you asked for it

which version of LTSB
2016 or 2017?

why kaby i3?

Several installations went differently depending on which updates they included. Many of them annoyed me with the whole "let's install Minecraft and Candy Crush something without your consent" but besides that, I had more issues recently.

In one install, before 1709 came out I couldn't make an offline account at all. The installer would only show up the microsoft account login page and there was no button or anything similar that would let me just make an offline account at all.

In 1709 installs, I have the same problem: The computer gets high hard disk usage for a good while and until I uninstall all of the trash and fully update it it's almost unusable, windows won't close, I can't use the settings panel at all... a fucking mess.

The ads though, I don't usually have trouble with that. And people bitch a lot about it.

>what's your experience with windows 10?
I'm still not quite sure..