Unix philosophy is bad because windows has games

>Unix philosophy is bad because windows has games

Other urls found in this thread:

stallman.org/stallman-computing.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

quality

Mac is XNU/UNIX, POSIX compliant and has games/software.

>paid software with warranties is bad because it costs money and I deserve to be liable for everything that goes wrong

>lenux iz bad bcuse muu gaymz

Lincucks is bad even without a games argument.

>The NT kernel is bad

>le free as in "free money"

Shills out in force today it seems.

>freedom

>calling linux users cuck when using literally malicious software
user, I...

Unix philosophy is bad because it was created by a Marxist zealot

No it was not

>I never used Unix (not even for a minute) until after I decided to develop a free replacement for it (the GNU system). I chose that design to follow because it was portable and seemed fairly clean. I was never a fan of Unix; I had some criticisms of it too. But it was ok overall as a model.

stallman.org/stallman-computing.html

My mistake, I was thinking of the GNU philosophy, in which case I am correct!

I wonder what the plan9 timeline is like

no, unix philosophy is bad because worse is worse and the right thing is right

better (of course, 9faggot was not expected to realize this) question: what would the lisp machine timeline been like

it is bad because it contributes nothing
only unorganized neets contribute to free software and they only do it when they feel like it so you get fragmented and broken software, instead of functional and improving software made by professionals putting actual effort to get money under the direction of a company
but that is too much to fit into your snowflake comfort zone so keep holding to the video game narrative and pretending you're some technology hero fighting the evil system instead of facing the reality that you're just a loser with too much free time

>unix is modular
>need to add ipv6 to network stack

Can you quote where it states one must not charge for FOSS? I've never been able to find it

>"Windows has better software"

it doesn't. people infer this from the license because it stipulates that the source must be provided in the same manner as the binary, if the software is distributed as binary. basically what it's saying is that if you distribute the binary on a flash drive or digital download and charge $10 for it, you must provide the source code to the customer through the same manner. people then expand this to be that the average joe computer consumer will know what a source code is or even how to compile it.

>Apple is better than windows because it's UNIX!

this is correct

That's what I figured. It was more to prove to that user that being FOSS doesn't mean people have to work for free on it, or that they can't cover it in a warranty, something like what RedHat does. If someone can read and research, they can compile any software that they get the source for

>Windows 10 is bad

It is though

>I don't need Linux because MacOS is a certified UNIX and has homebrew.

>he doesn't use pkgsrc

>calls winshit malicious software when literally 90% of linshit distros are systemd
don't throw rocks if your house is made of glass.

use open bee ess dee

>Android is better than iOS

Even better
>I don't need Linux because MacOS is a certified UNIX and has a terminal just like Linux has. You can use terminal in MacOS if you want, but I prefer GUI.

who are you quoting?

You dont know what systemd is

>earnestly seeks to troll a troll thread
keep striving

Any theory is only as good as its practice.

You have no idea what systemd does or why is it criticized do you. The only ones whining about it are UNIX philosophy autists that are scared of another big blob of C even though the LInux kernel is bigger and perfectly fine.

it's* ?

That's totally wrong btw.

>doesn't know English
>tries to correct others
That user had it spelled right. What he's saying is is that you might have a strong theory that sounds great on paper but if you implement it and it is a mess then it's not that good. I don't necessarily agree with that in relation to Linux, but there you go

Shared Libraries is REALLY FUCKING BAD!!

I love when brainlets try to correct others.

That's why I wrote the "?". I missed an "in" there too, sorry about that.

Theory is not only about what can be done. It helps us understand things too difficult or too complex by simplifying them or describing scenarios that make them ideal so that we can concentrate on what actually matters. That is valid for everything from science to our daily lives. Theory cannot be judged as good or bad based only on its practical value.

Well, since I became a father and a husband, I don't have time for Linux anymore. I use my computer for entertainment now and to play games. Linux makes it more difficult and with performance issues for most of the games.

Linux isn't possible as a father and husband.

you became a parent and you suddenly have time to play games and entertain yourself?

Haha, you sure showed them!!

Yeah, because when I want to relax I want to play games.

Before, I did both play games and work on Linux stuff for fun and hosted a few servers on several VPS's. I used to test drivers on different distros too. Now I just want to play games and rub one out before bed.

I hate it

>use open bee ess dee
I already do

Pick better games then

Does Windows have games?

They have PS4 games and Xbone games, but PC doesn't actually have any games of it's own. Not unless you count shovelware indie garbage like Shower with Your Dad Simulator or Revolution 60.

>GNU
>literally translates to GNU is NOT UNIX

what did he mean by that?

This is actually correct though nigger. If you put a gun to my head and forced me to choose between Windows and OSX I'd choose OSX every single time.

>has time to play video games
>has time to shitpost on Sup Forums
>somehow doesn't have time to do anything productive on his computer
You're just a lazy nigger, admit it.

What's wrong with being a lazy nigger?

I'd never do anything productive if I didn't have to have a job in order to pay bills.

>i play vidya gaymes
>why don't i have a qt gf
Really makes you think

The UNIX philosophy is great for the thinking men and technically inclined. It isn't so great for consumers and business people that make up the bulk of the modern computer market.

like this

Gaming is nonproductive activity.

Actually this
Coming from Windowsfag on PC, and linuxfag on laptop

>brainlet

no u

sure, except kernel isn't fucking retarded like systemd is

>greentexting something that is true and has been demonstrated
I don't think you understand the point of this thread

>being a cuck

>ricing arch is productive