instar-informatika.hr/ssd-disk/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

the cheapest

>120gb
kek

what about SSD WD GREEN?

If possible choose it from this shop
instar-informatika.hr/ssd-disk/

ok I decided to go for Transcend. Is it a good brand?

don't waste time on that shit, if you want cheap get KingDian, if you want quality get Samsung

NEVER ever

You really should get at least 500 GB. Not only is it reasonably-priced and a comfortable stretch area, but any lower and you're paying more cents-per-GB for the premium of "having an SSD", probably spending half as much or more as a 500GB would cost whereas a 500 GB should cost about half as much as a 1TB

SAMSUNG 850 EVO or Bust

for a main system splash the cash on a 500gb crucial or samsung. for a secondary device (like a laptop or something) a 120gb kingdian cant be beaten on price/performance

A 250 gig one
Theres no reason to buy a 120 gig ssd in 2017, just get 250 for not that much more money.

Don't get an 840 evo 500gb

Jusr had one fail the other day after only 1.4 terabytes of writes

get at least 256gb

Crucial MX100 reporting

>WD Green
>ssd
what

I've had a Samsung 850 EVO for a while now and the thing is really starting to slow down and shit on me. I keep nothing except critical programs and the OS on it, yet it's slowed down.

Any advice? Is the drive wearing out after 3-5 years? I've tried TRIM and optimization but it didn't make a difference. The thing takes a minute to boot now, unlike the 10 seconds it used to take.

i fell for this meme
90% space unused

The drive is fine, the OS is clogged up. Just make a clean install of windows.

Damn. I figured that would be the only root cause. Thanks.

If you play games, you want a larger one. That's one of the biggest benefits...much better loading times.

The cheapest compatible with your system.

If you were doing anything that benefited from a faster SSD you wouldn't be getting 128gb.

120GB on my work laptop and still has 80GB free space.

how are you only using 25GB on your OS partition
I get there before even installing games on a fresh OS install

what do you do on your computer?

Like I said, if you don't play games, I could see a smaller SSD being fine for a system drive. But modern games are fucking huge.

The cheapest MLC with a 5+ years warranty.

How does that work?

It aggressively parks the electrons.

Dont get a 120GB SSD. Get a 275GB Crucial MX300.

None of them, this isn't fucking 2009 any more. Get a fucking 512.

i'm looking for a 256GB one

think they'll be anything on sale for cheaper than $80 other than sandisk?

programming
gaming (nethack, dwarf fortress, nes and gba roms)
listening to music (20gb out of 25 are my music collection encoded in opus)

Get a 1TB, don't bother with anything lower.

If you want a good one, get a Samsung 850evo.
If you just want one and will make backups or won't store important data, get the cheapest.

Good Ram Iridium Pro 256GB
Solid Polish company

The 500 gig one.

D O N T B U Y A D A T A

Samsung 840/850 pro

t. shop owner

windows doesn't know how to handle ssd's and fucks them up real bad

Crucial BX300.

>120GB
Incredibly bad value, get 250 even if half of it ends up being unused.
Contributes to lifespan/performance and having space is always nice.

Sandisk makes extremely cheap ones that still have 500 read speeds and around 200 write speeds so you will notice a good increase in performance compared to a HDD but will cost you 30 to 40 bucks max.

No use paying 200 dollars for an SSD with 120gb space just because of muh blazing speed performance. At least upgrade to 240 or 480gb size then you can buy some intel or samsung pro SSDs.

I put some in family laptops and even my parents computer that I built for them. The little cheap things surprisingly last a long time and are built well.

This. I had a 120gb scandisk as my startup ssd.
Literally 6 months in load times and other stuff was giving me issues.Swapped it for a 250gb 850 evo.
I also use 2x 500gb ones for games