Pcbg/ - PC Building General

>Assemble a part list
pcpartpicker.com/
>Example gaming builds and _monitor_ suggestions; click on the blue title to see notes
pcpartpicker.com/user/pcbg/saved/
>Learn how to build a PC (You can find a lot more detailed videos on channels like Bitwit)
youtube.com/watch?v=69WFt6_dF8g [Open]
>How to install Win7 on Ryzen
pastebin.com/TUZvnmy1

If you want help:
>State the budget & CURRENCY for your build
>List your uses, e.g. Gaming, Video Editing, VM Work
>For monitors, include purpose (e.g., photoediting, gaming) and graphics card pairing (if applicable)

CPUs:
>NO i5 7500/7600K or i7 7700/K. THEY ARE DEFUNCT AND SUPERSEDED BY COFFEE LAKE
>G4560/G4600 for non-gaming (light tasks) or bare minimum gaming builds with a dedicated graphics card
>R3 1200 - Budget builds (best with OC + fast RAM)
>R5 1600 / i5 8400 - Great gaming or multithreaded use CPUs
>R7 / Used Xeon / Threadripper / i7 - Heavy Multi-Tasking / VM Work / Mixed use

RAM:
>Current CPUs benefit from high speed RAM; 3000-3200 MHz is ideal
>Before buying RAM for Ryzen, check your Mobo's QVL or look for user reports

Graphics cards:
>Consider Vega 56 for a Freesync monitor
>Crypto-Currency miners have driven GPU prices up (particularly Radeon)
1080p
>GTX 1050Ti and 3GB 1060 are the only reasonably priced cards; 6GB 1060 or 4GB 580 if you want to overpay a little
>GTX 1070 if you're looking for very high (100+) framerates and you have a CPU and monitor to match
1440p
>GTX 1070/Ti and 1080 are standard choices; currently overpriced
>GTX 1080Ti if you're looking for very high (100+) framerates and you have a CPU and monitor to match
2160p (4K)
>GTX 1080Ti

General:
>PLAN YOUR BUILD AROUND YOUR MONITOR IF GAMING
>A 240GB or larger SSD is almost mandatory; consider m.2 form factor

Previous: boards.Sup Forums.org/g/thread/63561361/

Other urls found in this thread:

m.newegg.com/products/N82E16814126122?ignorebbr=1
overclockers.co.uk/acer-xf240yubmiidprzx-24-2560x1440-tn-freesync-144-hz-gaming-widescreen-led-zeroframe-monitor-blac-mo-11h-ac.html
amazon.co.uk/dp/B06XSN26CZ/?tag=hawk-future-21
youtube.com/watch?v=COLMLKkXDvc
overclockers.co.uk/palit-geforce-gtx-1080ti-super-jetstream-11264mb-gddr5x-pci-express-graphics-card-gx-03x-pl.html
amazon.co.uk/dp/B01EGZWHRI/
pcpartpicker.com/list/m8DVhq
amazon.com/Dell-S2417DG-24-Inch-LED-Lit-Monitor/dp/B01IOO4SGK/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1511680171&sr=8-1&keywords=dell+g+sync&th=1
bestbuy.com/site/dell-27-led-qhd-gsync-monitor-black/5293502.p?skuId=5293502
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

How's Gigabytes cooling?Got a choice between a asus 1070 for 470
gigabyte 1070 ti 510
and a msi 1080 ti for 800 euros

Where did shark ever go at the end of Re:Creators? She just disappeared

post boypussi

I need to choose between these three mobos:
Asrock B350 Gaming K4
Gigabyte AB350 Gaming 3
MSI B350 Tomahawk (not Arctic)

Which one out of those is the best?

Bout to pull the trigger on the MSI Gaming 1080 from Newegg for 510 bucks.

Convince me not to fuccbois

Do Cyber Monday sales start right as the clock hits 00:00 or do I have to wait until the morning?

where are the gpu sales
i need a 1060 or something similar

MSI has the best VRM, but a shit tier BIOS with no voltage offset or p-state overclocking. Gigabyte VRM is the worst of the three. ASCock strikes a decent balance.

1TB Samsung SSD SATA3 46% off so about 288$. Buy it or what.

Newegg already started theirs

>ASRock AB350 Pro4 AM4 AMD Promontory B350 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.1 HDMI ATX AMD Motherboard
I can get a decent price on this, is it a good buy to go with ryzen 5 1600 and 1060 6GB? Does it have decent RAM support?

So should I go with the Asrock then?

Depends on if you're gonna overclock it hard

I'm going with a R5 1600. I only plan to do some light OC (3.7 or 3.8 GHz) since I'll be on stock cooling. Heard the Wraith is decent enough for those clock speeds.

pls respond

What resolution are you playing at...

Anyone here into emulators?

Think I'd be able to run BOTW with a 1600 (stock clock), 1060 6GB, 16 GB RAM @ 3000 MHz at a decent framerate (25-30 fps)?

Target spec:
1080p / fps++ / 8000+ shader cache / cemuhook

1080p but i'm really just concerned with the manufacturers coolers

are there 0 cheap 1080s with the reference cooler?

m.newegg.com/products/N82E16814126122?ignorebbr=1
WHEN tf this shit getting restocked

No point in buying a 1080ti if you're gonna play at 1080p...might as well just buy a 1060.

As for the coolers, just google it

the only cooling you should be concerned with is VRM cooling. unless you are buying evga you shouldnt be worried. everything is very similar

buy whatever is cheapest

>tfw canadian

I'll buy all your parts at US prices and ship them to you for the low price of $300

>unless you are buying evga you shouldnt be worried

The FTW3 objectively has the best VRM cooling of any 1080 Ti.

tfw bought my first part and the build is officially under way!

Is the 8400 the best bang for buck for gatman?

Should I really not buy an i7-7700k or is that just memes?

Maybe at MSRP but right now it's selling for about $60 above that

If you have to buy right now, r5 1600 is objectively the better deal. If you can wait until 8400 is at MSRP then it's a whole different story

Is r7 1700 + 1060 6gb okay?

wtf is msrp

Manufacturer's suggested retail price

Hey cucks what is a good cooler? 1151 socket

Liquid nitrogen.

>Vega 56
LMAO

8600k + 1070 decent for 1080 gaymen?

And yet you'd still have a much better experience with it and a FreeSync monitor, versus one of those cards and no adaptive sync. Which is what the OP says. Try reading the words, brainlet.

more than enough

Does anyone know if this monitor is any good. Looks decent for the price but I can't find a single review for this model

overclockers.co.uk/acer-xf240yubmiidprzx-24-2560x1440-tn-freesync-144-hz-gaming-widescreen-led-zeroframe-monitor-blac-mo-11h-ac.html

overkill unless you're planning to upgrade to 1440p in the future

in which case, get a 1060 and use the money you save towards the eventual 1080 tier card that will come next year and a monitor

>vega still has no partner models

>arrive by 8pm
for fuck sake its my work address. They never actually arrive that late do they?

tfw 1440p monitor but play games in 1080p :)

It's a 24-inch TN panel. """""Good""""" is entirely relative.

I need quick answer Sup Forums

1080ti 623$

amazon.co.uk/dp/B06XSN26CZ/?tag=hawk-future-21

Is it worth it

>didn't check mobo qvl before getting 3200 ram for ryzen build
>boot issues when I try to go above 2666
feels bad man

>blower

Normally no, but December is the absolute worst time of year for UPS/fedex cause of the pure volume of stuff shipped so 8pm is def possible

any recs for 2 140mm fans for Meshify C case? or are fans something that you can just choose whatever?
preferably on the quiet side

There are videos of BOTW running with similar configurations.
youtube.com/watch?v=COLMLKkXDvc

That said, Cemu benefits more from higher clock speeds, so you should definitely overclock if you want better framerates, although the dude in the video is running it at 3.6ghz and it seems fine.

The Palit Super Jetstream is £649.99 at OcUK, has a much better cooler and comes with a free copy of Destiny 2.

overclockers.co.uk/palit-geforce-gtx-1080ti-super-jetstream-11264mb-gddr5x-pci-express-graphics-card-gx-03x-pl.html

it's a 1080ti for what I assume is a great price

downside is a blower

on the other hand it depends on your monitor as to whether the TI is overkill

Because it's shit that requires the ocean to cool and is louder than blacks when KFC is out of chicken.

You'd want to overclock. I have my 1600 at 4GHz and BotW runs pretty well. A solid 30fps out in the field and in shrines. You won't get a locked 30fps in towns though.

It has nothing to do with that. AMD partners are used to dealing with cards with housefire TDPs. The problem is GPU supply. Some partners have even complained about it anonymously.

>mfw you realize the most fun part about a new computer is researching what parts to get and waiting it for come, so you keep delaying the order

For me the most fun part is building it.

That's what I did earlier this year, and then the bitcoin mining craze started.

I only just this week ordered the video card that goes with the build I designed at that time.

and they're still expensive, fugg

Its Auspost so I need not worry. It'll probably arrive in July next year

>mfw made my money back on the 14 RX 580s I got
>mfw I cucked gaymers
>mfw I'll probably recycle them
Get fucked.

Is that $40 WD 1TB HDD that everyone buys still the go to HDD or is there a better alternative?

Thanks that is a much better deal. I just want to get a 1080ti by the end of cyber monday since I'm paranoid cryptominers will fuck the price as they need better and better cards... not sure if the top 1080ti cards are worth the 150-200$ more

Is there a hidden gem of 1440p 144hz IPS gsync monitors?

The prices are erratic right now. They go up and down from day to day. This card was $265 a few days ago, which is about what you'd actually want to pay for it.

You just gotta keep a constant eye on them and get them when the price is reasonable.

Thoughts on Seagate ST4000DM004? Got it for 100 bucks (including tax).

Yo what the fuck, this costs about as much as other brackets on the market but comes with a bunch of cables and screws and even a screwdriver.

Is this a normal price, or am I going to get utter chinkshit? I don't strictly need to use the SATA cables because I have a fuckton of spares, and the bracket is just a hunk of metal, but the power cables would make fitting things easier.

is it worth it to go from a HD 6670 to a gt 1030? will I get a noticeable performance increase on 720p?

How is this build compared to a Ryzen 1800x build? Also, would you make any changes?

>forgot link
amazon.co.uk/dp/B01EGZWHRI/

>relative performance
that's probably like 2 frames difference. get your jew charts out of here

Just get a 1050 at that point.

Anything you guys would change? How is this compared to a similar Ryzen 1800x build?

It would really help if you said what resolution you're aiming for and if you're emulating.

If you can deal with non IPS, you can get the Dell S2716DG for like $380 right now which is a great gaming monitor at half the price.

Otherwise, chinkshit or pay out the ass for the ASUS or predator

What would be the ideal gfx card upgrade from a ZOTAC GeForce GTX 960 2G, ZT-90301-10M? I think it's dying on me cause games are not running nearly as well as they should be and everything else seems fine. I was looking at 1080ti models but it seems like a waste considering the monitor im getting (1080p 144Hz monitor). My current case is a NZXT - Source 530 ATX, so nothing too large pls. Any advice is appreciated, thanks.

>if you're emulating

You mean if he's using Cemu. There's literally no difference in any other emulator.

I have a 1080p 144hz monitor, but I am going to get a 1440p soon.

Also I am using VMware.

almost twice the price of a 1030 where I live, can't pay for it soon enough
is the price difference worth it though? what about a RX 460/560 if I can find for a similar price of a 1050?

>get the Dell S2716DG for like $380

where

pcpartpicker.com/list/m8DVhq

>Budget
Can add a few hundred more
>Uses
Triple monitor gaming, VR, entry level 3D modeling, racing with wheel+pedal
>Monitors
They're cheap, curved, freesync, with good color, 75hz, mounted they're almost seamless 6ft 5760 x 1080.
>Worries
I hope 580 is strong enough to handle this. Could buy a second 580 after two months to offset imbalances.

PSU is overkill for a single card, can save some money there

Don't really need a 1080ti for 1440p, the 1080 is great for it, but it's still obviously a great card just at a price premium of course

If you're running lots of VMs, that's a scenario where extra cores are better than muh 5GHz.

I know you are just gonna bully me and tell me they both suck and I should make my own but could you please just answer my question? Which one of these is better(I didn't say good, just better) and why? Left or right?

Well if it's double, then no. You'll be happy with the 1030.

>Athlon 64
>8 cores
nigga what

>24":

amazon.com/Dell-S2417DG-24-Inch-LED-Lit-Monitor/dp/B01IOO4SGK/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1511680171&sr=8-1&keywords=dell+g+sync&th=1

also at newegg

>27":

bestbuy.com/site/dell-27-led-qhd-gsync-monitor-black/5293502.p?skuId=5293502

I have the 27" and while it's not IPS, it's a great gaming monitor in all other aspects. You do have to fiddle with the colors a bit but it takes 10mins

For a $400 difference from the ASUS/predator I figured I could live without IPS on this screen

explain as if I was really really dumb

Those PCs are both equally trash. Just forget about them, pretend they don't exist. Now go watch some generic tech yters or give us your budget and say what you're using your computer for.

CANNOT decide between an 8400 and 1600x.
>8400
marginally better gaming performance at 1440p
>1600x
16 threads, better mobo, will probably run cooler/quieter even OC'd to 4/4.1

fuck this im just gonna buy a prebuilt desu

build your own you stupid cunt.

Bruh buy the parts and let someone assemble them for you if you don't want to do it yourself, but don't buy that shit

they're both garbage and both are fucking ugly

thanks for the information user, just one last question though:
would I need to reinstall windows from scratch when I change the gpu?

>1600x
>16 threads
what?

I believe not but some other user should confirm that information.