1 year without internet

I'm planning to go without internet for a year. I still plan on using technology like a laptop, phone and camera the entire time.

What will happen?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=PreAABChTyQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

You will probably just go back on the internet after 2 hours because you were never serious about this in the first place.

Why tho?

/thread

You'll feel mild inconvenience every time you want to do something that requires an internet connection.

you'll use the phone on your internet

It will be a phone without internet service

You'll give up quickly

Why makes this shitty thread then faggot? Kill yourself

For what purpose?

And yet you desperately crave Sup Forums's validation to the point you ask them what effect this is going to have. Not even "what do I do to prepare" or "what things are going to stop working that I wouldn't expect", but rather "what's going to happen?"

What's going to happen is that you're going to stop blogging your bullshit on Sup Forums and we will be thankful for it.

Please kill yourself, you dumb fuck

i did that for 6 months until this october

aside from doing work-related-stuff at cafe wifi spots on a few weekends, i had 0 internet access, and honestly i became a lot less depressed

you won't even feel the need to justify your being to Sup Forums users or brag about your dick on irc

You seem kinda fucked in the head, is that why ur doing it?

He answered your question, retard, multiple people have. What do you expect will happen? It’s not like you’re gonna get superpowers.

youtube.com/watch?v=PreAABChTyQ

Based on this thread alone, you seem like you're not above the age of 12. Please cease use of the website Sup Forums.org.

you will evolve.
good luck in the next stage of life user, youre an inspiration to us all.

One could simply cut out internet from home. And just use it from work and school, unless you're NEET. There's always the library I guess.

>What will happen?
Your 14 year old brain will discover that the life-affecting plan you had on a whim for no good reason isn't actually a good idea and you'll abandon it.

Why did you expect my dude?

>can you answer my question without being a fucking cuck?
no but I wlll give you a you, sage and report

I can't go a day without 4chin, good luck not using Internet for a year...

You would feel really bored sitting at computer and go do stuff in real world.

You genuinely strike me as a two-digit IQ cretin given your responses, I'm not even giving you the benefit of doubt that you are a troll. All this "you don't know me" stuff obviously means you want us to ask about your trouble, but noone here is interested in your low effort pitty thread.
Unless you're about to post emberassing nudes or links to suicide stream, I suggest you pack youd thread and fuck off back to /r9k/

OP here, that wasn't me

>deletes all crying posts
>that uh, wasn't me guys
Why did you delete them then?

you will fail. also, great blog but I'd like to unsubscribe

Been internet addict all my life. WoW addict, etc. I'm graduating from uni soon and I'm broke as fuck so I can't afford internet at my cheap ass studio apartment. Living without an internet connection has been fucking awful. I realized really fuckin quickly nearly all of my hobbies are computer/internet related and that I never developed any other habits over the years. I tried to get into new things but I just couldn't give a shit. I realize now just how hopelessly addicted to this shit I am and it's taught me a lot about learning other skills, but I'll never do this shit again.

If you're as addicted as I am, you better buy some cross stitches and coloring pencils because it's gonna be fucking rough.

Who is she

You will feel constantly inconvenienced whenever you wish to do something which can easily be accomplished online but not in person.

I suppose if you're one of those social media addicts you may also see an improvement in your life as you no longer use them.

Glad she died

>people impersonating OP aren't a thing on Sup Forums
anyway yeah I'm OP and I'd like to add that I like sucking nigger dick while streaming it, it'll be hard without internet

You're thread is all kinds of dumb

Now give me her insta

No instagram, she deleted it after too much racism

>she deleted it after too much racism
fucking Sup Forums niggers ruining everything

here it is

All fake accounts

Its fantastic dude, I have had 0 internet access since jan 2017, i plan to go as long as I can.

Use a phone book. Go to the library. Subscribe to the local newspaper. Watch TV on a black and white TV with rabbit ears. Don't forget your pager

Not planning to do any of that. I will go to the movies, watch TV, buy movies, play offline games etc

racism?

That's clearly a white person painted black.

you'll miss out on a bunch of irrelevant drama and maybe 1 or 2 major events.

Paul Miller already did this and did it better than you.

retard

>What will happen?
You will quickly realize that it's a stupid idea and that the world has moved on from the internet being a luxury to the internet being a necessity. There aren't just things that are insanely easy to do online, there are things that really can't be done otherwise. After a while you will realize that it wasn't really about using the internet per se, it was about the extent you use it. You will realize that you just need to minimize your consumption instead of filling up all the little holes in your life with checking the same dozen websites all the time.

This, or you'll just grow frustrated after two days and quit without any elaborate thought.

I'm leaving Sup Forums for a year, bye guys.

OP you are probably a faggot but I will tell you my experiences with quitting the internet. In May 2016 I was driving to work thinking about how much of a failure I was and how I could never get the stuff done that I wanted to get done. Through the night I was thinking about it and then I realized that wow, maybe I shouldn't be spending all of my free time playing vidya and lurking Sup Forums. So when I got home I told my roommate to change the wifi password to something I wouldn't guess. I only have a laptop and no smartphone so this meant I'd be completely cut off. Well tl;dr I got more done with my personal projects (mostly music and writing) in the next 6 months then I did in the previous 4 years.

We trick ourselves by thinking that if we're not online we've got to be missing something. Ironically it's the exact same way of thinking that has normalfags addicted to Facebook and Snapchat and Instagram and whatever the hell they're using now. In reality, mankind has existed and thrived for thousands of years without the internet. Every great accomplishment, advancement, work of art, was done and over with before the internet came along. We like to think that the world is a better place because we have the internet now. It's a recent technological marvel so it MUST be making life better right? But look at us: human nature hasn't changed a bit and our constant connection with one another has only served to make us hate those who are different from ourselves and we have become complacent, unmotivated and lazy. What did your grandfather do when he was inspired to enact change on his life? He got up and did it. What do you do? You sit online "looking for motivation" and ultimately fail and then go to bed at 5AM thinking that tomorrow is the day you get it all done. But you know as you're sinking into a thin, frail sleep that you are only lying to yourself.

I want you to succeed, user. But you've got to really want it for yourself. You're capable of quitting this godforsaken wasteland and bettering your life. I've been to that other side and seen what life really has in store. is only correct in that you need to learn to manage your time better. It is absolutely 100% true that you can live fully without the internet. When the pressure to change becomes greater than the desire to stay the same, you will actually take the first step. Dispel the illusions. The answer to everything you need is already within you; you just need to truly seek it out.

This is to go even further beyond.

>we've got to be missing something.

They've got a word for this now:Fomo.

Fear Of Missing Out

yeah right buddy, and I'll get a gf.

It will probably do a lot of good to you. Retreat always betters oneself. Do it if you can.

I can't even go two days without internet.

then how will you fap

you didn't plan this through

You won't get amazon deals offline

download enough animu and programming textbooks to get you through the year it wont even be bad, maybe even get a penpal in some nigger country to send letters to

it will only work with discipline though i essentially came a normie for a year hardly used the internet and ended up doing a fuck tonne of drugs and fucking up my college course. I think it depends whether op uses the web for escapism or to simply pass time

you will waste a lot of time on nothing. Maybe you will learn some tricks like how to throw a pen into somewhere or something like that. Kids used to do that a lot when they had no better way of killing time

fpbp

Oh yeah that's true. Stay in school and don't do drugs, kids.

some piece of tech that you took for granted will malfunction in a mysterious way and you'll have to ask someone with internet to search for what the solution is
before the internet when something broke you were simply SOL if you didn't know someone who could fix it. people keep forgetting about the real reasons why people love being able to "google" anything

you're going to prison?