What's the best FREE Antivirus?

What's the best FREE Antivirus?

Avast, AVG or Avira? Or is sticking to Microsoft Security Essentials good enough?

Other urls found in this thread:

techcentral.co.za/trust-antivirus-software/77532/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

yes MSE is good enough

every other free scanner will just annoiy you with stupid popups so that you buy the full version

not being a retard works pretty well.

also, your thread somehow breaks the Sup Forums extension

Kaspersky Free, otherwise Microsoft Security Essentials aka Defender (on Win 8+)

This.

I used to use AVG religiously for years until they went for annoying every cunt with a clusterfuck of popups.

MSE seems to do the job now, as long as you aren't a total retard.

>he uronically uses an antivirus and browses Sup Forums

heh

Windows Defender, it won't do anything, but you'll feel better. The real help will be Ublock Origin.

this af

Malwarebytes and Commonsense 2017

malwarebytes, ublock origin, noscript.
Then common sense to enable only sites you trust and know won't fuck your shit up.
But if you really need to have some sort of AV for the sake of having it (while having all the other shit which actually matters as I wrote above) Put something that won't eat a lot of resources of your machine and unlike avast or avg if you install only the AV part of avira it will be somewhat ok (there's gay popups tho which I would never install on my machine because of that).

kaspersky

it's so good the US government banned it because it detected malware the NSA was working on

Kaspersky and Bitdefender.

But it in general, AV won't do shit and you're better off with simply Ublock Origin.

Is ClamAV/ClamWin any good?

this OP

>Best
>Free
Pick one.

Bitdefender,avira,malwarebytes or mse

Avast and avg are completely shit tier don't believe me take cryptolocker and recompile it, its going to bypass both.

No its actually shit and barely gets updated let alone the fact it doesn't even work well.

Online scanner like virustotal

plebbit confirmed AVG is botnet.

ALL antivirus are botnet
>acces to all files on the hard drive, even the ones you exclude from scanning
>read-write acces to the registry
>has a few running processes at all times, one of which is a keylogger

Ublock Origin, NoScript and common sense is the way to go.

techcentral.co.za/trust-antivirus-software/77532/
>Anti-malware packages are desirable targets for spy services because they have legitimate access to all the files on a computer’s hard drive. They’re also the last defence: users as a rule don’t run any other program to detect malware inside the antivirus software itself. So it’s likely that, whatever brand of antivirus you use and whichever country it’s based in, spies from one country or another have attempted to hack it — and perhaps succeeded.

>Using (anti) virus software.

Frist, you should install and configure a firewall. Then you should choose an AV.

unironically this

Too bad about the popups for registration, I will have to remove it soon since its getting quite annoying everytime I turn my PC on

>What's the best FREE Antivirus?
not being a retard

I use Avast, Malwarebytes and MSE
How cucked am I?