/ptg/ - Private Tits Genera

Only 20 tokens edition
Old thread →→
The purpose of this thread is to nuke →
Nobody want's to see this disgusting shit, it ain't no Sup Forums over here

>Not sure what private trackers are all about?
The mission of /ptg/ is to promote the highest possible standards of tracker service by providing members with opportunities for professional development, by recognizing technical competence through examinations and by advancing the interests of its members.

>Have a question?
FAQ pastebin.com/hrXxMHs9
WIKI wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/Private_trackers

Use as a link to find the /ptg/ thread.

Remember the following:
>Staff occasionally read these generals and have posted here before.
>This is a thread for educational purposes only. Don't offer or ask for invites.
>Staff may pretend to be normal users asking for invites and when you invite them, they ban you for inviting strangers.

Other urls found in this thread:

bestbuy.com/site/wd-easystore-8tb-external-usb-3-0-hard-drive-black/5792401.p?skuId=5792401
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

fuck this image

just joined animebytes through redacted.ch
please recommend a good avatar

Should I join appolo if im already on ptp?

I'm intrigued. What's so infuriating about this image? Looks like someone is searching for the sweet spot of a wireless apparatus.

anybody know whats going on with gazellegames?

Ah, alright - I'll at least give it a try then. Thanks :).

Looks like the affected services have been down for under half an hour, IRC is still up so ask there if you're curious. I wouldn't worry unless it stays down the rest of the day though.

>Looks like the affected services have been down for under half an hour, IRC is still up so ask there if you're curious. I wouldn't worry unless it stays down the rest of the day though.
yeah, I hadnt been on for a few weeks so I guess just unlucky.

not him.
bib is easy if you have access to an overdrive library, you just upload retail epubs as they are nearly always snatched.

I forgot to add that if you upload and maintain 100 torrents, the entire site becomes ratioless

Why is GGN down everytime??

>playing videogames

>he doesn't play umihara kawase

Why haven't you diabled avatars yet? It's a security risk.

get a job

>playing tracker games

With APL's current system i get 1 token per week. I have about 10gb of buffer left untill i hit 0.05 ratio, should i burn through it to increase my BP rate?

>APL
lol, who cares about curry. get on a proper music tracker

Google can't really patch it without using hardware-based DRM with a TPM (which is what Microsoft did with PlayReady 3.0 which is required for Netflix 4K streaming on a computer – ironically, I'm pretty sure 4K TVs don't have a TPM or it's been bypassed since I've also seen untouched 4K rips from Netflix), but Amazon and others can do tricks to break existing tools. I'm not sure just how much they can tighten the security though.

There were previously two Amazon-specific exploits, one in 2015 that only worked on Amazon UK and was kinda public, and another in 2016 that worked on US too but was also private AFAIK. Now, Widevine itself has been cracked, so that means it also works for Netflix, Hulu, etc.

(You may wonder how those groups are doing 1080p from Netflix if browsers using Widevine are limited to 720p – well, as far as I understand, the way HTML5 EME works, any CDM [content decryption module] can decrypt the same file with the key.)

Unfortunately the method is not public. It's called WVDownloader, but that doesn't help much. It's being sold for 100–150 euros in bitcoins (sometimes cheaper if you're lucky). There are people on stream-recorder.com and bitcoin-talk.com that claim to be selling it, though one person usually only sells to two people. Sadly nobody has even replied to me about it so far.

There's an older tool called wvstream that may still work for some old content, but it won't work for newer content that they have upgraded the encryption on.

If you tell me what content, I can check if there are already untouched rips available for them anywhere, and if so, reupload them for you.

>spotify is good
Spotify uses Vorbis though, not MP3, which is a common misconception. It uses 160 kbps Vorbis for free users and 320 kbps Vorbis for premium users. (The web player uses 128 and 256 kbps AAC, but all other platforms use Vorbis, with mobile platforms also having a 96 kbps option.)

According to Hydrogenaudio, Vorbis is transparent around 150–170 kbps, so that would make Spotify Premium's main advantage the lack of ads (though you can use EZBlocker for that on desktop), non-shuffle play and unlimited skipping on mobile, and offline playback.

Of course, their premium service wouldn't offer a higher quality if there wasn't a difference, and lossless is always going to sound better, but I'm not an audiophile (mainly because I just tend to listen to music through built-in laptop/TV speakers) so I can't really tell. I still like archiving music in FLAC, though. Most of the music I listen to isn't available on sites like Bandcamp, so I get them either from the CD or TIDAL, and even in the latter case they're usually only 16/44.1 (and MQA is not lossless and supposedly actually worse than 16-bit without proper equipment). But I'm fine with that.

>WVDownloader
It's a fair question...
To my knowledge, there is not an "authoritative" answer. We can only make assumptions -- unless there is someone here who works for one of these groups and would like to provide the details.
Costs I'm going to assume that these groups have accounts to the popular streaming services. I think it would be a stretch to assume they have "hacked in". It would be much easier to either steal account information and/or generate income through some other means and just pay for it than it would be to try and breach the front door security.
Download In a true WEB-DL, the file is supposedly the original download file, not screen captured, not re-encoded. This of course implies at a minimum that there is a way to capture/download the raw stream and to remove the DRM.
Capturing/downloading the stream is pretty easy these days. Most of the big players (Netflix, Amazon, iTunes) stream movies in H264 encoding, with Netflix and iTunes only just now experimenting with H265 encodings. These are pretty well understood encodings and so the capture part is likely taken care of with common software. At a low level, anything that comes into your computer via your network cable (such as a movie) can potentially be stored on disk if you have the right software.
DRM This is where it gets fuzzy for me. I have personally scoured the internet for information regarding how to remove/crack DRM for these services and have yet to find a solid answer. It is possible that some of these groups have that technology. If so, hats off to them and even more praise for being able to keep that software under wraps and prevent their techniques from leaking online.
If I play the skeptic though, I suspect that the name "WEB-DL" is probably overused. It wouldn't surprise me in the least if many of these groups are actually capturing the screen content (after DRM decryption)--and then re-encoding it. The only evidence to lease is using H264 encoding and not X264

tl;dr

how can i change my ip address and not be recognized by irc

Have you tried turning it on and off?

why do you need to hide your identity? are you some kind of terrorist?

i actually am

>Hello! My name is Kyle. I just left prison on Wednesday following an early release on my 4 year 11 month sentence for threatening to shoot up a school in Ohio
Hello Kyle

No, I'm the opposite of kyle

Suuure buddy.

Is GoodGames.net down?

Why don't you try asking in the IRC? I mean you are idling in it right?

o-of course I am!

>downsampling counts as a perfect FLAC
Uploadcucks btfo by transcodeleeches once again.

>muh 24bit flac
these people should be gassed

I finally made it to P*P and on the register page it said something like
> If you paid for your invite it is still time to come clean if you admit it you can keep your account etc.

Being /pure/ I wonder if that's a trap by staff or legit?

Ask them :^)

It's real, although it's a win-win for staff
Not only do they get to ban a seller, they get to mark your account too

>implying account sellers aren't staff

>still hasn't responded to my invite request

Who, how long and where?

GGn on BTN - waiting for over 1 month.

Should I buy or build a NAS?

Not falling for that

If it's been a month I would probably send another message to know what was going on. Can you see when they were last on? Maybe they just haven't logged on in a month though I doubt it.

How much are you storing?

Probably going to be at least 30-40TB. Regardless of whether I build or buy, I'm going to be using 20TB drives

>20TB drives
I meant 10. Unfortunately, 20 don't exist yet

At which point should I be worrying? It's been 3 days now.

Well for one thing GGn is down right now, for like the past 8 hours.

The GGn poster was a different guy, I'm talking about REd

Check if they have been on if you can see that on the tracker your on. I'd start worrying after like a week and definitely send another message to ask if I've been denied after 2 weeks.

With that much storage I'd get a NAS especially if you have more than one computer. What are you storing, movies?

Yeah they've connected since I sent the pm. I sure hope I haven't been denied, getting there was pretty much the main reason I joined RED.

Yeah. Movies and tv shows are most of it. I basically run a homebrew Netflix for family and friends. I know I'll have to get some sort of dedicated device, but I'm debating whether to build or buy a NAS

Apollo and PTP have totally different content types, so I hope that was said in jest
:^)

What if I only want live concerts from PTP?

Fuck you, weebs who are just looking to make it to a different tracker like you don’t deserve to enter RED.
:^)

> Disagree on the rating of a movie
> ****** bans you after losing a dispute

Eat my shit and sell out to Amazon ...

Except you forgot that weebs don’t like the cucumber nose - not ‘kawaii’ enough

Keep it and upload content that is not yet on there, or spend it on things that’ll get you more UL

You wouldn’t need skid software if you just take the time to learn proper cryptanalysis. Breaking the crypto (easier said than done) is all that’s needed for bypassing DRM and stuff like region restrictions.

Hop onto cryptanalysis onion-irc chans if you want in-depth, technical answers (make sure you use proper encryption before connecting though, don’t be a mong).

Then in that case, I want everything you have that matches that description. 480p transcodes only pls
;^)

>tfw getting 1 FL token per day at APL
B^)

Oh shit, I didn't even realize they had bonus points until now.

Are you posting this because you’d like answers, or because you want other, technically challenged idiots to be worried about these same things?

>tfw 2,426,018 BP on APL but I don’t even plan on using that site anymore
kek!

I recently got marked. Will I lose my cabal accounts? I haven't actually done anything but you guys know how autistic cabal trackers are. They know my other account names and they don't care if I've actually done something, autism defies logic.

So does anyone have similar experience?

I post these things to:
• laugh at public tracker plebs
• laugh at the technologically illiterate
• have /ptg/ stir the pot
It's amusing to post them here in general.

I got /marked/ and became a forum moderator at Redacted.

Get 5 of the $150 8TB WD Reds at Bestbuy today, probably won't find cheaper reliable drives any time soon.

In that case, based on those criteria, that post is absolute gold.
Seems like it was written by a 13 year old kid who just discovered demonoid in 2016

The website isn't showing them for $150

bestbuy.com/site/wd-easystore-8tb-external-usb-3-0-hard-drive-black/5792401.p?skuId=5792401

What did he mean by this?

hey dudes, been a while since i used a seedbox but i was thinking about getting back into it. looking at seedhost SB 6 or feral neon. anything i should know before i commit to either of these, like if one has inconsistent network uptime or worse support or anything? or if there's a better box available elsewhere for a similar price (approx €15/mo)?

Seedhost is leagues better on Red

What did YOU mean by this?

thanks brother. and for racing would you say deluge is the best bet?

Yes, definitely.

redturd's latest attempt to appear relevant

tfw that never happened and you try sell it to /ptg/

This is the only reason RED exists. Deal with reality.

That explains why I didn’t see it. I wasn’t looking under external drives. Would it be feasible to remove that drive from its housing and throw it in my system?

that'd be like rawdogging a loose chimpanzee's fleece-filled butthole in the middle of the streets of Cape Town

but sure, you can.

>tfw you realize life is one big private tracker and your ratio is how happy you are

How many andy10gbit seedboxes do I need for a girlfriend?

about threefiddy

What the fuck is wrong with this guy

girls dont like seedboxes, they only like guys that can maintain a ratio on a home connection

girls like getting their pussies stuffed

Puff

Yes.

actually, girls only like uploaders, using a seedbox is like marrying a slut

girls dont have pussies you moron

having fun in life I assume

>guy
Soda (also known as puff) is a girl
a strong, beautiful and independent girl