What is some utility/app, which you would appreciate, but you don't know / are too lazy to program it yourself...

What is some utility/app, which you would appreciate, but you don't know / are too lazy to program it yourself, which can be build over span of few days/weeks?

A proper Spotify music downloader no shitty python YouTube ripper.

I want an app that's, that you, um, you had, you'd, you wou-, you cou-, you'd do, you wi-, you wants, you, you could do so, you, you'd do, you cou-, you, you want, you want him to do you, so much you could do anything?

A simple paint application for GNOME.
A simple map (OSM viewer) for KDE.

>We're so proud of you for getting that programming job, user.
>haha when are you going to make an app that makes me a cup of tea.

A proper Yalp Store interface, a proper wicd interface.

an actual good cross platform music player
it'll use miller columns, left for artists, middle for albums and right for tracks. search will play the track and pull up the album so it'll continue in it

An Android app that can take a regular SBS video file and simply show one half of it on the whole screen to give the illusion of viewing the file on a viewer without one.

a suicide urge tracker. would be interesting to see how my suicide tendencies swing until i finally do it.

A mixture between note taking software and very high level graphical shell scripting language.

GNUnet app
GNUnet app
GNUnet app

>this currently the state of GNUnet
wow, how hard is it to NOT use buttons. Like, just use words instead of these fuckhuge buttons.

I wrote a little shell script which would rip the direct file download links from whichever anime I pointed it to, from an anime website I use. This worked fine until the website people obfuscated their download links with a JavaScript function, so using wget on the page wouldn't work.

We all agree gnunet gtk should be replaced for ncurses.

What can you do with gnunet?

Hypothetically the same as the internet. But Sup Forums can't even into filesharing which is the bare minimum it can do because is not easy to configure.

A Firefox extension that bookmarks and tags all my open tabs. My phone has given up counting them.

Kek

A image viewer with a mechanism for sorting images
>press 1-9
>moves image into corresponding folder

Apart from file size and name, sort by what?
>key macros
good idea

Sounds like something you could do quite easily using feh:
-A, --action [flag][[title]]action
Specify a shell command as an action to perform on the image. In slideshow or multiwindow mode, the action will be run when the action_0 key is
pressed, in list mode, it will be run for each file. In loadable/unloadable mode, it will be run for each loadable/unloadable file, respectively. In
thumbnail mode, clicking on an image will cause the action to run instead of opening the image.

If flag is ";", feh will reload the current image instead of switching to the next one (slideshow mode) or closing the window (multiwindow mode) after
executing the action. If [title] is specified (note the literal "[" and "]"), --draw-actions will display title instead of action in the action list.
Note that title must not start with a space. If it does, the action is handled as if it did not have a title. This special case exists for backwards
compatibility reasons and makes sure that actions like "[ -L %F ] && foo" still work.

The action will be executed by /bin/sh. Use format specifiers to refer to image info, see FORMAT SPECIFIERS for details. Example usage: "feh -A "mv
~/images/%N" *".

--action1 .. --action9 [flag][[title]]action
Extra actions which can be set and triggered using the appropriate number key.

Manual sorting
>press 1
>moves it to foo/bar
>press 2
>moves it to foo/niggers
Etc

Neat

A set of apps for note taking
1. Selfhosted browser app
2. Android app
3. Iphone app

All read from a local directory and save in a common, human-readable format

The interface is fine

wicd interface is crap, yalp is meh

Sup Forums image preparation program.
Was thinking of making myself but never got around to it.
You have your browser's file browser set to open an empty output folder.
Then when you want to post an image, you open the utility which lets you easily view all your reaction pics using tags etc.
When you select an image you can then crop, rotate, add text, change brightness etc. Making simple gif slideshows out of multiple images would also be cool.
Then once you're done you click the export button which either saves your modified image or just symlinks the original to the export folder.
Then you simply go to Sup Forums, open the file browser and select the single image, then post.

Emacs

frogposter filter

Bump for good thread

>A proper Spotify music downloader no shitty python YouTube ripper.
Wouldn't that be >illegal? I'm looking for something to put on my github

>A simple paint application for GNOME.
GNOME Paint is 1:1 clone of MS Paint
>A simple map (OSM viewer) for KDE.
Interesting. What functidons should it have?
What don't you like about existing alternatives? VLC etc?
No JavaScript, sorry.

I have this fucking feeling, like every idea for app which can be done by single person and would be actually useful for at least few people (and is not Sup Forums related) has already been done 10x times.

It's clearly 8 tabs retard

>GNOME Paint is 1:1 clone of MS Paint
A 1:1 clone that doesn't work.
>Interesting. What functidons should it have?
Searching for streets, locations etc and route planning. Basically a glorified leaflet.js.