My pc is being a little shit

Ever since I got a new pc that I put together myself this thing just randomly turns itself on around 8-10pm every day. Has anyone ever had a similar problem or knows what could be the issue? I’m running windows 10

Install Gentoo

Did you put the spacers everywhere under the motherboard? Sounds like something is shorting.

I’ll have to check that later. But isnt that unlikely since it always happens around the same time?

> boots itself
> text on startup screen
> i think i'm falling in love with your voice

mfw

check your task schedules.

It's not an issue. It's windows setting a timer in BIOS (a feature that has existed almost forever) to check for updates.

But shouldnt it be shutting itself off again if its just checking for updates?

Do you have a dedicated graphics card? If so, the culprit is most likely the card not being properly seated or the power plugs to it not being inserted in all the way, try to check these.

Physically disable internet access and see what happens.

Yes I do. I‘ll check that as well

Dude, it's a feature. No issues.

That line is blurry nowadays

Try disabling Wake On LAN in the BIOS.

More like disabling wake on alarm.
Windows is probably setting the alarm itself to install updates before OP starts it for the day.

I figured it would be something Bios related when I firrst had the issue but I didnt find anything suspicious. I will check it again

Use an extension socket with switch for your PC. No unsupervised booting ever again.

Everything that would make windows boot by itself is deactivated in bios. All the spacers are in, the graphics card sits properly. So none of these thibgs were te problem

Sounds like a task scheduel. Change your windows active hours and disable automatic updating.

That's not it either.

>winblows 10
fucking retard

This is how windows 10 works by design. It will turn itself on to update, even if you have wake timers disabled in the power options.

It's not doing that for a friend who also runs windows 10 though

don't know what to tell you user. Try a "clean" install or a better OS. Windows 10 is rife with undocumented behavior.