RYZEN 2 = DEAD

Where were you when Intel just dropped 8 cores on consumer SKUs?
Intel Core i7 9700k = 8 Core / 16 Threads
Intel Core i5 9600k = 6 Core / 12 Threads
Intel Core i3 9350k = 4 Core / 8 Threads
Pinnacle Ridge BTFO

Other urls found in this thread:

hkepc.com/15957/
fool.com/investing/2017/07/26/the-price-of-intel-corporations-10-nanometer-failu.aspx
wccftech.com/intel-core-i7-9700k-9th-gen-8-cores-16-threads-rumor/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

b-but cores were our thing!

Jesus, already?

Doesn't matter if Intel is still twice as expensive.

Let's see how well they can clock it, and most importantly, what kind of yields they're getting out of it.

Oh so new boards? 7700k and even 8700k on suicide watch

>Yfw Ryzen 2 starts with 8 cores for the low end and 32 for the high end

Where's Intel's official press-release?

Intel literally has tons of shit on reserve waiting to release to one up AMD as soon as they catch up. They've been doing this shit for years. Intel could BTFO their own current products by years if they wanted to.

So, where's 10nm chips?
Intel desperately needs them to do something against EPYC.

Nice other new socket, intelcuk will defend this

I need some translation
hkepc.com/15957/
I can't speak chinese

Yeah, that explains why they had to rush out yet another Skylake rehash with next to no stock available. All according to keikaku. :^)

>pajeetech citing chink "sources"
Oh god allmighty.

H O U S E F I R E

will it go above 4ghz?

>kaby/coffee lake owners
HAHAHAHAHA

a socket a year keeps the goyim in fear

Buying a new motherboard every six months is only natural, goy.

>8th gen CPU confirmed 8 month life cycle just like 7th gen
>gonna need a new motherboard with Z470 chipset even though socket LGA1151 is exactly the same as previous chipset

LOLL

It doesn't say anything. Just lists the model number and tdp, not cores or threads or caches

hell yes my dude

IBM 5nm technology inc fabbed by global foundries

>Intel Core i5 9600k = 6 Core / 12 Threads
OH SHIT OH SHIT

why is new socket a problem? who upgrades their cpu annually?

On a 14nm while AMD is pushing the same numbers on 7nm next year.
Cool.

Intel just loves to make mistakes after mistakes, dont they?

FINALLY I CAN UPGRADE MY 4770K

literal fucking house fires

Yes, yes it is.

>tfw still no reason to upgrade

Except you will need a new motherboard too.

THANK YOU BASED INTEL

AYYMD IS FINISHED & BANKRUPT

AYYMDPOORFAGS CONFIRMED ON SUICIDE WATCH

but it's the same socket...

Kaby Lake CPU fits in Coffee Lake motherboard physically but they don't work together since Intel artificially prevent Kaby Lake from working, and vice versa

Asus ROG motherboard director even called out Intel in an interview with some tech website that Intel could've made it work, but Intel didn't because muh socket a year keeps the goyim in fear (actually only 8 months for kaby like life span)

>pentium gold

>T-this can't be happening! i-it's our decade! What am i gonna do with my Ryzen?!

>intel going full MOARCOAR mode because IPC gains are non-existnent
>AMD engineers expecting huge IPC and clockspeed gains on future parts
The fear of shoa has struck them deep

but a six core Intel beats an eight core AMD in every possible way. read this

Are they still going to sell an unlocked quad core, or should I just get an 8350K now?

I don't need more than 4 cores for what I'm doing on my machine, but I do need every last drop of serial horsepower.

Ryzen+ will do it in 2018 on 12nm, it's gonna be a blast when ryzen 2 on 7nm hits the shelf

>6 core zen 2 posting 1700 on cinebench
>6 core 8700k needs to be overclocked to manage 1400

>cinebench
Some of us do actual work on their pc instead of masturbating to benchmarks.

>it's another "1% improvement justifies another chipset/mobo for imbecile users" edition
>also MOAR COARS

But what about the comfy 4c/4t processors? Will we get 6c/6t? Hyperthreading is a meme

we won't see 4c/4t on pentium. look at the Pentium gold, still on 2 cores, unless Intel decides to turn it 4 core/4 threads.

fool.com/investing/2017/07/26/the-price-of-intel-corporations-10-nanometer-failu.aspx
>Intel's efforts in mobile applications processors were costly and yielded nothing but late-to-market, sub-par products, and the company's execution in chip manufacturing technology -- arguably the company's core competency -- has gone from strong, with its successful 45nm, 32nm, and 22nm generations; to poor, with its 14nm generation; to downright abysmal with its 10nm technology.
>Intel's 10nm technology was originally supposed to go into production by the end of 2015, but that ultimately didn't happen. Then, Intel told investors it expected to be shipping a substantial quantity of chips built using its 10nm by the second half of 2017.
That, too, didn't happen.
Intel is now claiming it will "introduce" its first 10nm products by the end of 2017, with serious volumes coming in 2018. Credible leaks have revealed that Intel is targeting availability more in the middle of 2018.
A delay in the mass-production start from the end of 2015 to the end of 2017 is a delay of two years , or roughly a full generation, at least back when an Intel generation was defined as roughly two years.
As if it couldn't get any worse, by Intel's own admission, its first- and second-generation 10nm technologies -- 10nm and 10nm+, respectively -- will offer worse performance than its upcoming 14nm++ technology . Intel says the company's 10nm technology won't open up a clear performance lead over its 14nm++ technology until its third iteration -- known as 10nm++ -- which should go into production sometime in 2020.
This is an extreme failure on the part of Intel's chip manufacturing group. It's the sort of execution one would expect from a third-tier chipmaker with a limited research-and-development budget, inexperienced management, and a short track record -- not from an organization that holds itself out as the "leader" in chip manufacturing.

Tl:Dr Intel's on the ropes and don't know what to do

> making more cores instead of uarch improvements
Housefires incoming.

Intel's 2017 product lineup:
>1) Literal Skylake re-release with 200MHz higher clocks
>2) New architecture with insane power draw and performance regressions
>3) Another literal Skylake re-release with 200MHz higher clocks and two more cores

Intel's 2018 product lineup:
>1) My god it's Skylake again and this time there are FOUR more cores

My sides, Brian. Please. Help.

When? In 2019?

Please god let it be true.

>actual work
buy ryzen
>gaymen
buy intel
if you score well in cinebench then you'll have fast render times in applications like maya, blender, adobe premiere and other types of "real work" that you'd need a powerful cpu for. if your idea of work is microsoft office and cs go at 600fps then buy intel.

upgrade without buying a new motherboard

"""""'Pentium Gold™"""""

What if I hate Intel and want to play games? Will Ryzen 2 still be good for it?

Oh fuck I've been waiting for this! i5 platinum® lol like the xeons.

Commuting to work, why do you care?

Ryzen is bad at games is a total meme, yes it's worse than intel, but do you really care if your game runs at 200 fps instead of 250 fps ? Because that's what the difference is.

I sure hope they're planning on using something better than their normal brand of toothpaste for the TIM if they plan on clocking those things higher than 2 GHz.

Get Ryzen you fucking moron, games are GPU bound.

Current gen games rely on GPU selection a lot more than CPU selection. If you get an intel processor you'll probably see a 6% or so increase in FPS but in either case you're going to be consistently over 100 FPS with the right GPU so its not really worth the extra money you need to invest in Intel.

That's never entirely true. The CPU always has a part to play, either in making draw calls to the GPU, or doing its own calculations in things like physics, AI.

Will they still only have 16 pcie lanes?
Has there ever been a "mainstream" socket core processor with more than 16 pcie lanes?

Older ones had 20 but they lowered it with Skylake

I don't remember them having more than 16
If they did 4 always go to the PCH anyways

From what I can find Ryzen CPUs come with either 24 or 20. Outside of Threadripper and Epyc AMD has been incredibly mum about that even on their own documentation which is kind of dumb. You'd think with shit like M.2 on the market they'd really hammer on that in the marketing material.

>ryzen 2
>intel just now able to compete with something several years old

Wow jeee wooowweee you really showed us intel jee willickers.

Jewtel perma btfo.

Ryzen has 16 PCIe 3.0 lanes for GPUs, plus another 4 for SSDs and 8 2.0 lanes from the chipset. It's not some big secret.

Apparently ryzen has 32 but only threadripper gets the whole amount, am4 gets 16 for pcie sockets, 4 for nvme and 4 for the chipset

>time for another board

>Another architecture update
>They have to steal the MOAR COARS meme in a desperate attempt at competing
>Pentium fucking Gold
This is pathetic. 3 architecture update announcements in under a fucking year. How the fuck did Intel allow itself to be outclassed by fucking pajeet tech? People keep telling me this is the darkest timeline, but I haven't managed to find my sides in years. Jews fears the rajput.

>Apparently ryzen has 32 but only threadripper gets the whole amount

Threadripper has 64 PCIe lanes, not 32.

Threadripper is 2 dies numbnuts

What possible relevance could that have, you dumb faggot? Desktop Ryzen is also two CCXs.

Intel clearly got knocked off kilter by Ryzen. They had a comfortable thing going, 2/4, 4/4, 4/8. Just add small incremental improvements every so often and watch the money roll in.Now they're trying to figure out just how much they can get away with jewing people and it's going to piss off a lot of their customer base when they buy a new board and a new chip and in less than a year you look up and see that for the same price you could have gotten more. I wonder if they'll ever stop locking their fucking multipliers.

Desktop Ryzen is one Zeppelin.
Threadripper are two Zeppelin.

Pointless gesture on Intel's part as long as ME exists.

Ryzen has 32 pcie lanes
On am4 (1 die) it only has 24 Because of socket constraints and/or binning
On tr4 (2 dies) it has 32x2
Threadripper is literally just 2 ryzen dies

But it's completely irrelevant. A Threadripper CPU has 64 PCIe lanes. It doesn't matter how or why it has them. Stop your autistic backtracking. All Threadripper products have 64 PCIe lanes. You cannot buy one with less. Therefore, Threadripper has 64 PCIe lanes. This isn't hard.

That's what I'm saying
Why did you get so triggered when I said why they have the amount of pcie lanes

so the Skylake/Kabylake i7 will be downgraded to an i3 thanks to AMD.

you're a bit late, shekelstein

Because your post implied that Threadripper only has 32 PCIe lanes, assuming you're the guy talking about 32 being "the whole amount". You should be clearer in your use of terminology so as not to mislead people, intentionally or otherwise. Threadripper is a product line, and all Threadripper products have 64 PCIe lanes. Chip layout is another matter entirely.

>just spent $330 on a 7700k.
>it will be worse than i3 next year
thank you based amd. I always expected to be cucked but not like this.

He implied TR gets the whole amount of PCIe lanes per Zeppelin die.
Desktop Ryzen does not.

Do you have any legitimate proof of that or are you only assuming they must have something in store since they have so much money.

I can only imagine the frustration of having to watch your CPU become obsolete twice within the span of about a year. At least AMD was upfront about it and promised to keep it all in the same socket.

>by Intel's own admission, its first- and second-generation 10nm technologies -- 10nm and 10nm+, respectively -- will offer worse performance than its upcoming 14nm++ technology .
>Intel says the company's 10nm technology won't open up a clear performance lead over its 14nm++ technology until its third iteration -- known as 10nm++

This thread is some shitty bait.

Everyone knows single core performance hasn't realistically increased in nearly 10 years, and multi-core has been sat on by all these shitty x86 manufacturers, so where is this emotion coming from?

>being so desesperate that you push that interconnect that becomes a thermal inferno over 4 cores to their limit
>still being so jew that you employ mashed foreskins instead of soldering your dies to the ihs
Intel, you truly are our greatest aly

A socket change every half a year keeps the goyim in fear

When is this, in a year? I just bought the 8400 and i am already getting btfo

that's wht they tried this year - rush some new processors that were in developement to counter AMD - which caused several problems.

you can post a screenshot but not the link to the story? lol. you lazy cunt.

wccftech.com/intel-core-i7-9700k-9th-gen-8-cores-16-threads-rumor/

Well considering AMD are rumored to release Ryzen 2 in February I'd guess March. Don't worry though it will be 6 months before they actually have a proper supply of them so they'll be inflated 60 dollars more than MSRP.

>link wcctech

>Everyone knows single core performance hasn't realistically increased in nearly 10 years
It has, though. There is a fairly noteworthy difference in single core performance between a 2500k and a 6700k.
Single core performance has gotten small incremental improvements of about 5% with each generation, though it stopped at Skylake. Kaby Lake and Coffee Lake both have identical single core performance to Skylake, Coffee Lake only being an upgrade at all because it has more threads.

I just realize its still on the same process as skylake is will be a massive house fire. I wouldnt buy it anyway

>Well considering AMD are rumored to release Ryzen 2 in February
it's Zen+ and NOT Zen2

It's still Ryzen 2000 series.

yea, site sucks.