Help an user out

So, I have a CS degree I got in 2012 but ever since then I never really programmed or worked in any tech company I literally got a job in the police and stayed there ever since.

Can I even get back into this programming stuff? I'm kinda the guy people ask to do computer shit here at work but it's not really complex stuff it's like, why this is not working or let's grab that pedo PC and check his files (shit is usually not even encrypted, most pedos we catch are literally retarded fat 50 year old family dads).

Anyways, what's the easiest thing I can do to get back into this programming stuff? I do remember a bunch of terms and so on but I'm really rusty.
Anything easy mode that can I start with? I think I still remember a couple of sorting algorithms by heart but I'm not sure.

Other urls found in this thread:

automatetheboringstuff.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

All police are criminals.

prove it

I can't I'm busy actually working.
Not all of us can get away with eating donuts and then "'busting"" minorites once a week by planting weapons and drugs on them to keep your metrics up.

Like this?

Forgot link automatetheboringstuff.com/

>prove it
>"I can't"
case closed

Guess that could work though I only really remember using C, C++ and java and what we used to joke and call java# from back then.
And to make it worse I kinda forgot everything Java related so I only really remember C++ shit.

How hard is to learn python considering I only have time in the day off or weekends?
Well and right now but I'm waiting for a dude to check on some car plates so I'm shitposting from phone.

> pig
> can only read two words before giving up
there's the reason you never found a job in CS

good refutation

You're arguing with a random user I didn't even reply to you sperging about muh police in my thread fampai.
I'm chill as fuck I don't mind the hate.

>How hard is to learn python considering I only have time in the day off or weekends?
Not at all. Just remember it's an ad hoc dynamic scripting language and therefore not fit for creating actual end user software.
But it's probably the most fitting thing for your job.

Could always see if cybercrime has any openings, might not pay as much as a programming job, but it'll probably be more interesting.

Start by brushing up on your shell scripting, then try and do the same things in Java. Bash is pretty important, because you could automate tasks that would otherwise be tedious and time-consuming.

Burden of proof lies on you, buddy. If you can't substantiate your claim, it goes refuted, regardless of how good your reason for not being able to substantiate it is.

Get a job as a tester and write automated tests on the side

Soyboys, bugmen and all trannies who work in tech need to be gassed, asap.

>what's the easiest thing I can do to get back into this programming stuff?
this thread roll
see what you get

I would never hire some who got a cs degree and then didn nothing for 5 years. You are a worthless loser. I had a salary job a month out of graduation, from which i already had a part time programming job

Funnily enough my brother in law always told me that (he's EMT) but I don't know, to get into that sort of stuff you have to be some kind of pro haxxor or some shit no?

Thanks dude I will check it out, althogh it will be my first time with some kind of language that you don't need to compile and I'm rusty even with C and so on.

Eh I guess I could try that, I kinda lack creativity to make random shit though I would probably need to find some "homework" asking me to do stuff.

Oh I'm not exactly looking for a job, it was more in terms of trying to use my degree skills for something and get back on track with some of that stuff.

That's cool dude, I'm happy for you and all but if you read again I ended up joining the police force instead of becoming a coder or something.

>sitting on ass for 5 years
>joining the police
Splitting hairs