Internet speeds

No bragging about fiber unless you post how much it costs

>Connection type: "Up to 16 MBit/s" ADSL + "Up to 16 MBit/s" LTE
>Cost: 35 € / month
>Provider: Deutsche Telekom

Speed depends on the weather and daytime. Still better than my DSL 2000.

Other urls found in this thread:

howtogeek.com/234233/whats-the-difference-between-a-modem-and-a-router/).
techadvisor.co.uk/feature/mobile-phone/4g-vs-lte-whats-the-difference-3605656/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Note: My connection is really bad around 1-2 bars

$70/month

dsl only

LTE only
Ordered me a Novero dabendorf antenna I hope it gets better
Especially the upload, it would allow me to stream and upload 4K videos in less than the usual 3 days

30Mpbs down for $15/mo

>connection: 50/10
>cost: about 9€/m
>provider: Elisa Oyj

>9 €
>You would pay around 40 for such a connection here

$30/month
>Supposed to be 60d/6u
>Really only 29d/6u
>comcast

One reason why it's so cheap is that my apartment comes with a free 20/10 connection. I only pay for the upgraded speed.

Internet included in rent

>using a speed test that is known to not be accurate

>Ergebnis
u fugged:DD

>connection: 1000/500
>cost: about 8€/m
>provider: RCS-RDS

prolly around $30/month.

Internet incl. with telly.

Included in rent

Don't believe you. I pay $75 for 150/150 how the fuck are you getting those speeds?

I've seen a guy online paying $39.99/month for the same.

Best in my area :(

Wtf m'en, what's your shitty country I have 2ms, 960Mbs / 250Mbs and I pay less than 25$! You're being scammed boys

retard

$80/month. My country spends $50billion on 25million people to get these speeds, what a joke. This is paying for a 25/5 connection

Fiber costs 125 € here. But only when you actually have fiber at your home. People like me only suck the lowest speeds ADSL can deliver and still pay the same like you for 1 % of the speed.

Comes with university housing, but from looking up the company it's $70/month.

About $70/mo. No caps that I've encountered.

I have had some issues where connectivity drops really late at night and I don't find out until the next morning, so while it's still a good value, it isn't exactly god-tier. Just Frontier.

>>UP TO 300 Mbps
~$15/mo but still

Hahaha, look, "up to 16 Mbit"
Upload is up to 2.4

I pay about £30 a month

>tfw 25/10 for 75$ in Australia

quads, nice

50 maple dollars for 30/5

$90/mo

€15/month

Paying for 250/250 mbps

$70/month. This is over wifi. Hardwired I get close to 900/900.

>getting scammed
No, it's fucking local monopolies dominated by Comcast. "UP TO********************** 10Mbps!!!!"

>upload faster than down
the fuck?

fiber

FTTB in my apartment in Potts Point. Feels so fucking good. $70/month unlimited

1gb up/down
fios
$85/mo

Gigabit up and down
$70/month
Midwest, USA

>connection - 200/100 optical
>cost - 20 euro, but that's with a cable package, all HBO and other crappy channels.
>provider - random corporation

> paying $39.99/month for the same
where is this geographically?

Fiber, 60d\60u, 17$ in local currency. But I had to pay ~100$ to get fiber in the first place, the only other option was shitty DSL 4d\0.5u for ~12$.

>300 Mbps up/down
>At night I have 500mbps down + 600 mbps up, sometimes going up to even 900mbps.
>59 PLN / $15 a month
>Provider: CPRNet (now you will know where I live)

Anyway. It's radio internet. I've got wall ethernet plug that connects to their "server station" (?) that's literally next to me. From there they use radio. Yes, it's through radio. Even in the biggest storms I still have around 300mbps+.

anyone know how to do speedtests with iperf?

I really want to move to Poland but I've heard it's pretty much impossible to do this if you don't speak the language, especially when it comes to finding work. rip

>100/5
>30€/month

Greetings fellow straylan'

Well, you need to know the language pretty much. unless you are ukrainian/russian.

Polish is not required if you don't do customer facing stuff. But if you are from a first world country, you most likely don't actually want to come here to earn 3 times less money just to be surrounded by people with post communist mentality.

>Potts Point
I am coming over to use your internet tonight, i hope you like backpackers...

third world spic shithole adsl

Nyc

>live in a slightly rural area, 10 minutes from 2 cities
>no access to cable, comcast must have struck some deal with att&t to not run cable in certain areas, or it's some gubmint regulation so comcast doesn't completely dominate the isp market
>so far away from the switching station that the box outside the house set to 1.5mbps can't top 250kbps
>att&t is practically too big to fail in the south and don't give one shit about their customers

>2/0.4
>80usd
Needless to say I'm very satisfied with this service.

300/300 fiber
50€ a month

800/400
130nzd / month
BigPipe NZ

£30/month
sky shitband

My negroit compatriot.
Don't remember connection, probably the same.
10€/month
Elisa Oyj

So like, 5 real dollars?

>ADSL
Fuck off retard, you can't get those speeds with ADSL.
It has to be at least ADSL2+.

Tech illiteracy at it's finest.

900/500
99nzd / month
Spark NZ (Telecom)

500/25
Around 20$/month

20/m

(this was with vpn on normally its higher)

1000/200
30€/month

Paying £22.31/month for this is considered acceptable in the UK.

>this is considered acceptable in the UK.
>slower than 95% of GB
No it obviously isn't acceptable if 95% of your countryman have better internet.

It's amazing how shitty the fiber quality here is. This is supposed to be a 1000/100.

Cost is a more difficult affair, since the company pays for it. I don't pay for it, but it's not exactly free, as it counts as a taxable income and affects how much I have to pay income tax. However, it is definitely cheaper this way because normally it'd be 60 euros per month. They probably even have a flat rate for Internet connections as benefits, since phone benefits are calculated as a flat 20 euro income increase.

Semi noob here. So i'm learning the differences between a router and a modem(howtogeek.com/234233/whats-the-difference-between-a-modem-and-a-router/). Wouldn't i just need a modem to connect to the internet? Why would i need a router?

Three
£27/month
connection speed: "4G", whatever that means

>malmo
You have to go back

>4G
just google it

a mobile communications standard intended to replace 3G, allowing wireless Internet access at a much higher speed.

The International Telecommunications Union-Radio (ITU-R) is the United Nations official agency for all manner of information and communication technologies, which decided on the specifications for the 4G standard in March 2008.

It decided that the peak download speeds for 4G should be 100Mbit/s for high mobility devices, such as when you're using a phone in a car or on a train.

When you're stationary, (low-mobility local wireless access) it decided that 4G should be able to deliver speeds up to around 1Gbit/s.

techadvisor.co.uk/feature/mobile-phone/4g-vs-lte-whats-the-difference-3605656/

Rural areas get shit on.

The Britfags posting in here with connections that could suck start a leafblower either live at Uni or in cities where there's fiber.

Or maybe just face facts that YOU'RE getting fucked specifically. Even in the rural areas in the UK you have people with ADSL2 getting 15mbps+ without much issue.

>AT&T
>$80

4G LTE isn't 4G they're two different standards named the same

>implying there aren't differing degrees of rural connectivitiy