Most useless Windows 10 features

>be me
>working on my machine
>suddenly everything turns grayscale
>wtf.png
>hour searching for this issue
>turns out that if you press Win+Ctrl+C everything turns grayscale
>mfw I wasted 1 hour figuring out this

Thanks Microsoft, you fucked me hard today.

>Most useless Windows 10 features
Windows 10 for starters.

why the fuck do people use win 8 and 10 despite the millions of motherfucking red flags and warnings from both Sup Forums and non-Sup Forums websites?

t. Deranged anime avatar neet
Don't you have a desktop to be ricing?

>Buy a computer
>Windows 8/10 is on it
Most people just don't care even though it's almost never a " clean " Windows.
Also a lot of Normies actually purchase their OS.

Metro UI
Tablet mode
Cortana

anime website

also ad hominem, that's not an argument

People whose fingers press keys without express brain direction should not be casting shade upon America's greatest computer corporate concern, sir.

no its a technology website

That's why we picked yotsuba for the mascot, since it's tec... Wait a minute

Because that's the only way that could happen

This was found as technology board to weebs.

>Win+Ctrl+C
>grey
>everything
>y tho?

You know not of what you speak. Please don't be stupid and blurt out idiocies like that in the future

I've been using Windows 10 for literally two days, after not touching any Windows system in over a year, and I know about this feature and how to turn it in on or off because I explored the settings menus in the system.
Windows is total shit and full of useless crap, but you're more useless than it because you want your OS to be a little toy that you don't have to know as you would a tool. Most stuff that is wrong with Windows and Microsoft is because they cater to people like you, shoving their software with pointless little gimmicks so it will appeal to baby-brained subhumans. So it seems pretty weird you'd want to complain about something.

>Win+Ctrl+C
that does nothing for me.

thats cool

also why did you press win+ctrl+c in the first place?

Virtual desktops
WSL

Those things alone make 10 (exclusing LTSB, it doesn't have WSL) way better than other versions of windows.

Fucking newfag

where do you think you are

But the virtual desktops, at least, aren't exclusive to windows.
>WSL
Just use a VM

>accidentally restart computer
>context menu is now a mile long with options to use windows products I've never even heard of

Why is this

Also I'm kind of pissed I still use an OS that can't have a gif move in the preview panel. If they're upgrading shit, how come we still don't have that?

>be me
>computer crashes
>doesn't boot, keeps rebooting during startup
>try to fix it for hours
>remove harddrives, individual components etc to troubleshoot
>doesn't work
>end up using my laptop for a year
>discover the keyboard had a stuck "reboot" button
>i removed internal components but never actually disconnected the keyboard

that was the day i discovered i was a brainlet

>But the virtual desktops, at least, aren't exclusive to windows.
I'm not going to use anything other than windows on desktop, and if I'm going to use windows, I'll pick the one with virtual desktops.
> Just use a VM
It seamlessly integrates with the host system, unlike VMs.

>muh windows only for desktops
all that matters is that you're happy
>integrates with host system
does that mean you can use something like 'ls my documents' and have the Linux system show the windows user document directory? While that's neat, I see no benefit. If I had Windows 10 and needed WSL so much, I'd honestly just switch to Linux

>'ls my documents' and have the Linux system show the windows user document directory? haven't checked this yet as I just recently got win10, but it seems yeah you can do that. Even cp or rm. Full access to the filesystem, just not to the system itself is what they're advertising.
>While that's neat, I see no benefit.
If you're stuck in a windows machine for any reason, having something as rich and responsive as bash under your fingers is a huge fucking blessing.

> does that mean you can use something like 'ls my documents' and have the Linux system show the windows user document directory?
Yes, the entire windows filesystem is mounted on /mnt/c, /mnt/d etc., aside from being able to view/manipulate host filesystem, it can also run windows executables.

>and needed WSL so much

I want it enough that having WSL is a major advantage, but I could do without it (by using putty, for example).

Neat
That's true, but hopefully that doesn't happen too often

>hopefully that doesn't happen too often
Well, given the scenario we're in, it's more like hopefully it will stop having to happen soon. But for now, depending on what's your area of work, it happens a fucking lot.

I work from home on software development, so I get to use my own system. I dread needing to find work and getting hired to a place that has W10 only

Windows only scenario must be unbearable really. I get to have one windows box, and my GNU/Linux laptop on the side. It's not ideal, but not suffocating either.

Adobe suite.

Wait so Ltsb lacks a certain access / privileges to the system? I've been trying to install some stuff on it today and it says that I don't have access in system32/administration mode in PS/cmd. Trying to get Lenovo settings and Lenovo companion instead without downloading from Microsoft store. But not sure if it's the privacy invasive crap I have used software to block and it has blocked functionality or if it's inherent to w10 and w7, enterprise editions of Windows / ltsb, which I chose for less / no bloat and more privacy configuration. So if this is the case I guess I custom make debated w10 pro iso or switch to ultimate on 7.

Im not clear if ltsb necessarily means enterprise edition. Gonna have to look that up unless someone chimes in.

Using keystrokes to change the color mode to grayscale, that's the opposite of genius

>buy a computer
>windows 8/10 is on it
This. A lot of people don't even know what an operating system is, they think Windows is "the computer"

Trying to hit ALT but missed

Lucky you

It doesn't appear on the menus, fag. Why you put such a shady feature in the keystrokes, are you serious or just shitposting?

>Win+Ctrl+C everything turns grayscale
didn't happened on my LTSB, oh well

I think that I should get LTSB, but it lacks of some features according to user.

I doubt that's the issue. The only reason LTSB doesn't have WSL is that it only recently went out of beta. Maybe they will include it in 2019 release.

>It doesn't appear on the menus, fag.
There's a screenshot of the fucking menu ITT, for godsake. Please user, just stay away from computers, it just isn't for you man. You don't need to feel bad, there are thousands of other hobbies out there. Maybe some knitting, or playing frisbee.

I use Window 8, what's wrong w/ Window 8?

It's shit

Sigh, ok thank you. I'm also having problems with search indexing, when I click the advanced option in change how w10 does search its blank and I have nowhere to fix the search indexing, rebuild does nothing just closes out.

doesn't work on my machine, what gives?

He forgot to mention you have to insert your fingers deep into your asshole, preferably deep enough to reach the intestines, and come back with as much shit as possible on them before you press the keys.
Do that, try again, can't fail.

What's the best photo viewer for windows 10?

The new app takes like a whole minute to open a photo.

Because, unlike freetard and macshit abominations, it just werks

>it just werks
Nah, it doesn't. Windows is the single software, not only OS, that most gives you error messages which are obscure and impossible to work around, that fails for the most stupid reasons imaginable and leaves you no tool to workaround that failure, and it builds heaps and heaps of unnecessary stuff on top of a program instead of fixing a simple design mistake or stupidity of function.
What you mean is that Windows allows you to do simple stuff without having to learn anything in order to do them, and that comes with the cost of being shallow and limited. A lot of good software, free or proprietary, just works much better than Windows. It's just that in order to have a rich design they require that the user read a manual, or understand at least a little of what they're trying to do.
You're either lazy or incapable of doing such a thing, that's why you need Windows. Just admit that, and you'll be more comfortable with yourself.

>press win key
>search box opens
>type the exact name of an installed program and press enter
>searches the internet

lmao what even is a $PATH

You think a bullshit feature like this right next to the MOST USED keyboard shortcut in existence (ctrl+c for break script or copy to clipboard) is defensible?

Do you work for Microsoft?

If you manage to fatfinger win key while pressing Ctrl+C, you deserve what you get.

>pic related

...because you've never hit a wrong key in your life. Are you actually 12?

He hunts and pecks. He never missed keys because it takes him 4 seconds to find each key, align his finger, and press it. All so he doesn't have to hunt for backspace to fix his mistakes

Win key is in a failry inconvenient place, it's almost impossible to hit accidentally.

>defensible
Never said defensible. Windows is shit, all the way. But it becomes shittier in the hands of someone who trying to use it, and haven't at least browsed the basic menus so he knows what his OS is capable of. The best software in the world would be shitty in the hands of such a retard, let alone Widows which is shit to begin with.
And OP is not a retard for hitting the wrong key, that wouldn't even be a problem if he hadn't taken so long to realize what happens, because he doesn't know his OS.

Nothing personnel, kid!

*jumps from plane and 720 quickscopes you*

I need my pc to run visual studios because there is nothing close to it on Linux and it needs to run games wich is also not possible on Linux. Windows 10 is shit but Linux is worse get over it fag/g/ots.

I'm still using Win XP. I'm thinking eventually I'll get a chromebook for web browsing and continue using the Win XP machine for everything else. For me "everything else" is primarily note taking with WordPad.

>fairly inconvenient place
>directly between ctrl and alt

You paste things with the titlebar menu, don't you?

>>Windows 8/10 is on it
But that's good. Everything 6/10 and below is considered shit

WE WUZ WEEBS N SHIT

>Linux has no games
can you stop using "arguments" from the 90s?

It's Windows.

People still use Windows for its software. This is undeniable. The arguments that many distros today are easy to use and Windows 10 is unstable are both valid, however Windows keeps growing as a platform for games and Adobe shit. You can show 20 billion videos with Doom and Saints Row IV, people want more and people want it now.

because the very people warning me are the ones who post anime pictures and i know for a fact they're borderline retarded

contrary to popular belief, barely anyone uses adobe shit

davinci resolve is free, most photos are taken on smartphones and barely developed. No one makes fliers or posters anymore now that the world has gone digital. Flash animation is dead. After effects is shit. Typesetting can be done on a toaster.

gaymen is dead brah

No because they're still valid today.

Most of the games coming out (and no, not only AAA releases which is mostly obvious) are still only coming out for Windows. macOS still has more support as well.

Keep telling yourself that

I play games on Linux just fine. Steam alone has ~6000 titles
>inb4 Windows is somehow exempt from the piles of indie shovelware
And emulation is obviously still doable

Okay yes but why does yor keyboard have a reboot button

Unironically Windows Photo Viewer which is still included back from Windows XP but disabled in the registry on Win10.

Download UWT4, it’s right there.

>not having a keyboard with a power mode button
do you even computron?

I use 8.1 with auto updates turned on, I would switch over to some gnu/Linux but my ISP uses some proprietary driver for the USB internet dongle I also use and I don't want to lose this internet connection since I don't pay for it.

>~6000 titles
Inflating those numbers, huh? 4203.
Also you'd think "well, it gets the smaller percentage of all three platforms, it must be good releases" not really. It's the same greenlight/mobile garbage. Bring The Witcher 3 to Linux in the next 5 years and we'll see.

>inb4 "buh AAA is trash EA EA cowadoody"
The good old known sour grapes

>And emulation is obviously doable
Legit better on Windows (threaded angrylion, better performance on dolphin/pcsx2)

>Linux has no games
>Except those 4403 games
>But they don't count, only AAA games matter
I have 0 problems emulating on Linux, no difference from doing so on Windows. I personally, don't like AAA, but I think it would be neat to see more of them, such as the Witcher, on Linux.

lmao yeah they got me with this one too, hilarious.

There is no comparation between freeshit and Adobe Photoshop, InDesign and Illustrator neither

only people with no job uses program other than Adobe. It's the industry standard.

It's shit but it is what it is.

There is absolutely nothing comparable to Illustrator at least. Affinity Designer is the only thing that gets ever so slightly close and those people give no fucks about Linux either. If you're a graphics designer, whatever anyone's judgement might be, you still have to deal with Adobe software. You can't just gimp yourself.

>Normies actually purchase their OS.
Really? Have you actually met someone who has? I haven't, ever. Seriously.

The vast majority of people "purchase" the OS when they buy their laptop or desktop and use it throughout the device's lifetime.

Exactly.