>is gentoo the only acceptable?
No. Funtoo is fine too.

thanks for a good post. +1 upboated ^^

>daily driver for laptop
>access to aur
>community edition ships with i3
>easiest installer ever
>"it just werks"
it has every single advantage to using arch(except being able to brag about installing arch) but lots of configs have been written for you and are much easier to tweak from there. sure ut also comes with a bunch of bloat, but I promise you taking the time to remove all that bloat and then slightly reconfigure your already functioning system to your liking will take a maximum of half the amount of time you would spend getting it all working and perfectly comfy from scratch. Don't get me wrong, I love arch and I think it truly is the best distro, but manjaro is the perfect necessary compromise between saving time, and being able to functionally use the best distro out there. Also I've already installed and configured arch on plenty of machines, so I don't really need the merit badge anymore.

it's my daily driver, and it has been for years now. no issues, just werks. unlike wnagblowz 10 the spyware edition which shits itself after an update

>an expires SSL certificate on their website makes all existing and future installations insecure.

It shows how much they care about that sort of stuff.

i think you're fucking retarded

>only ricefags have this problem

It uses systemd

That's not true, user
Some CE comes with OpenRC

Antergos is much, much better. Ironically, it breaks far less often while managing to be more bleeding edge and equally beautiful out of the box.

had problems building a software project I was working on. Fedora didn't. So manjaro sucks.

Arch for retards. The devs tried their best to make it easy for newcomers, and they did a pretty good job, but the cracks still show, and the user will get angry when they're forced to fix something themselves but don't know what they're doing because they skipped the proper install.

Been using it for a few months and loving it. Everything good about Arch, but more stable at the cost of waiting a little longer to get updates. I got tired of ricing and my shit breaking in Arch so I settled here.

I'm still surprised there is more hate for Manjaro than Antergos. Antergos is just Arch with an installer for people too stupid to read the Arch wiki and follow the steps. It offers nothing else so if you're willing to install Antergos, you might as well go all in and install Arch instead. Manjaro doesn't pretend to be Arch and does its own thing at least.

Never broke for me unless I did something stupid, it works fine but the documentation isn't that great. Of course there's everything in the arch wiki but I had a hard time figuring out why some stuff was set up the way it is since I didn't do it. Was pretty gud for a first distro.
I'm using the bspwm edition

pretty cute

That'd deprecated actually. The openrc builds moved to Artix.

Arch that tries to be less archy than arch but fails miserably.

I really enjoyed using it for a while, but then an update randomly broke xorg. I know the "arch-based stuff breaking xorg" meme is long since dead, but this literally happened, and only on manjaro.

I'm on arch atm and have found it more stable, ironically enough. Kudos to the manjaro team for what they've done, though, i just hope they don't fuck up like that again.

>ManJar0
I preferred 2girls1cup

Antergos takes this same idea and does it far better. I recommend anybody looking for a "less Archy" Arch Linux use Antergos rather than Manjaro.

kek, you're right my bad

This

Objectively there's no better distro. Been using i3 community edition for years and upgrading hasn't broken my system once.