/mkg/ Customizable Keyboards Edition

>Buyer's template:
pastebin.com/33S1gVkG
>Where to Buy:
pastebin.com/8Yku80VL
>FAQs:
pastebin.com/M5w7QtKp
>Keyset wiki
keypuller.com (web.archive.org/web/20161101152119/http://keypuller.com/)

Last thread

Other urls found in this thread:

aliexpress.com/store/product/Cherry-MX-Speed-Silver-Switches-for-K70-Mechanical-Gaming-Keyboard/914660_32732422763.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

tactical bump without image

how does plate mount compare to pcb mount in stability and durability?

Virtually all keyboards come with mounting plates, even chink $15 ones. If you can't figure out the reason why then you're a brainlet (hint you almost answered it in your question).

what do you mean?
every decent keyboard has both, if you dont put a plate mount the force is transferred directly into the pcb and if you sperg out you could end up breaking it

Are your fancy wannabe mechanical keyboards built like this anymore? NO.

>Thinks his membrane Model M is better than my Model F

"If necessary, the Model M can also function as a battering ram or makeshift shield"

Even the Brother Model Ms are better then that shit since they don't ping and can you replace every switch without taking apart the keyboard

I think you are confused. These use bucking springs (I know some later shitty model Ms used membrane)

>This guy again

Every Model M is a membrane btw

Uh...are you in denial that most Model Ms use bucking springs?

>Thinks because it uses buckling springs it can't be a membrane
>Doesn't know what google is

Keep trying.

could you stop stealing memes from google and make your own?
be constructive you acting all day very retarded with this post modernism always critiquing everything mode on

Model Ms are membrane keyboards so you get all the drawbacks, but there's a nice click which no one will argue against

>Stealing memes from google
>Stealing memes
>you acting all day very retarded

yep stealing memes. The main theme that drives this site is to create them share and evolve them, taking something that other person posted and repost it is pure leaching and normie tier.

What is it with this reddit mentality regarding memes?
This is even dumber then anime posting

Using words that have already been said and saying them again is pure leeching and normie tier, stop stealing words.

Using words that have already been said and saying them again is pure leeching and normie tier, stop stealing words.

plate = more riggid, louder, hear the keycaps more
pcb = more flex, quieter, hear the switch more

you see that's what you don't grasp, an image does not equate to word but to an idea

Using memes that have already been said and saying them again is pure leeching and normie tier, stop stealing memes you dum dum.

>louder
What kind of plate are you using? I put a steel plate in my GH60 since I broke one of the switches and its a whole lot quieter

The main theme that drives this language is to create words share and evolve them

you learning fast kid, now be free and explore the meme valhalla for the ultimate experience

>Thinks it's possible to steal memes

>pinging is bad
thats litterally the best part about the model m

holy shit will you just fuck off already with your thinking face shit

no thanks a twang is better

>Getting angry over images

topre and alps are rubber dome? what the fuck? why do so many of you retards shit your dick over this trash?

>Getting angry over someone posting images on an imageboard

You're an idiot, the alps switches everyone raves about are metal contact switches. Also how did you not know that topres were a rubber dome?

rubber dome and membrane are not the same thing. rubber dome is an actual rubber dome that will collapse and provide a keystroke. a membrane is just a cheaper way of making a keyboard matrix, it is what detects the press from the switch.

>there are people right now in this board using reds & browns

We can't post emojis here in the text field. Where else can we put them?

Wtf is this general

i replied to a guy that has no concept of property and it triggered the communists

clean this shit

What should my next board be? I'm leaning torwards a topre like realforce 87u or a kbd75 with hotswap switches. Maybe even a plum? I don't know.
Right now I have:
Noppoo Choc Mini gateron blue
Noppoo Choc Mini cherry red
Qisan Magicforce outemu black
Masterkeys PBT s cherry silver
Leopold 980m cherry clear

If a Model M is membrane with a click mechanism on top, does that make it essentially the same thing as those new "memchanical" keyboards

Where can I buy loose Cherry MX Silver switches?

well yeah, why not?

idk
worst case you can buy a full keyboard with them and disassemble it

i would like to buy brows, tell me why they are shit

They have a tactile bump which can be bad for gaming. And they don't make that loud click like the blues to tell your neighbors you have a better keyboard than them.

brown = grain of rice

Uniqey is PCB mounted, like every cherry keyboard. Many korean customs offer partial plates or even bare PCB mount support, there is nothing wrong with this.

Its the same principle of someone wanting an acrylic or aluminum plate instead of steel. Some people just like the flexing switches get when fully pressed.

>thinks his pingy as fuck model f is better than a SSK

Wow dude that board is so fucking nice. It's very tastefully done choice of keycaps. So it's called a UNIQEY? Is it expensive? The chassis is really unique and I like it.
Post more cool keyboards people I hate how dead these threads seem. Here's a pic of my dream keyboard(never tried topre though)

How would you pgup? What about arrows, you you just map vim style hjkl arrows system wide? How do you ctrl-alt-del?

no since those are rubber domes with a tactile slider, the model m has no rubber domes at all

from cherry, duh

I actually don't do any of those things. I use Windows for vidya, dba, and some light dev work in VS with C++. I access task manager with windows key+x, I don't use the arrow keys ever, I don't think I've pressed the pgup key in my entire life either.
Anyway I'm not a total small keyboard faggot. I have two small boards and a TKL but pic related will be here Wednesday. So fucking hype I can't contain myself.

STOP STEALING MY MEMES

Look man, I can't find anyplace that will sell them in small numbers; IE in packages of a hundred or so for a custom keyboard build.

you should learn to thank god for your chink overlords
aliexpress.com/store/product/Cherry-MX-Speed-Silver-Switches-for-K70-Mechanical-Gaming-Keyboard/914660_32732422763.html

right now its an OEM exclusive, but mechanicalkeyboards.com says they'll start selling them some time next year

>light dev work in VS with C++
How do you navigate a few words or lines backward of forward? Do you just always move your hand over to the mouse? Arrows are much faster for navigating a short ways in anything text based.

Delete is still very useful even without ctrl or alt -- remove a character to the right of the cursor. Otherwise you have to use the mouse to go right one because you have no arrows and then hit backspace.

That keyboard is more like it -- you have all the major keys and even a numpad. I'm not completely down with the way they compressed the arrows in between the main keyboard and numpad, but it looks easy enough to get used to. Also that dank IBM gray/offwhite color scheme.

anyone buy one of those F62 keyboards?

is lubing mx switches actually worth it, or is it just a meme? also if you lube the switches without opening up how would that compare?

no since they don't have the superior 107 model

>right now its an OEM exclusive
That's fucking gay.
Is the aliexpress link from legit? I'm very leery of buying anything from China.

i still wouldnt buy one unless it had at least all the keys of a modern keyboard

>Lube switches without opening them up

did you even check the prices, all what they're doing is salvaging corsair keyboards then selling the switches for almost 3 dollars each

That artisan and cable ruin it

The only keys its missing is the windows key, but you can always map that to somewhere else

What is it missing that you need? Obviously ctrl and the Windows key, but it has useless keys in those locations, so a bit of xmodmap and you're set.

I wasn't going to buy it, I iwas going to get the small one. However once I realized that it's only 1u wider than a standard TKL I bought it instantly. I'm hoping the keycaps are awesome so I don't have to buy new ones.
As far as arrow keys, maybe I do use them in VS and I'm not conciously aware of it. I just realized all three of my keyboards do in fact have arrow keys. Funnily enough the creator of C++ uses that keyboard, the HHKB. I'm not 100% set on it either. The realforce 87u is also nice.

pro tip: what's printed on the keycap doesn't always mean that's the function it does

yes im talking about just pushing the switch down and putting the lube on in inside surface of the switch housing

f11 and f12, that pic only has up to f10

Easy. You just take all the keycaps off, slather lube around, put the keys back on and massage the lube in by pressing keys.

it has those tho, the keyboard is missing two keys which could be whatever you want them too

lol that's not gonna work well

Is that worth doing? I can't open any of my switches on my boards but multiple keys need lube. Especially my 1.5 year old outemu board.

>Thinking that will work

i have no idea, ive never tried it
would it actually fuck something up or just simply not work?

Finally got around to building my wood mounted tada

your only supposed to use a very small amount of lube in the right place, too much and you can fuck up your switch

Wow I didn't know enjoypbt looked like that. I think I'm going to put it on this thing You actually own the keycaps though, you have them in person. Do you think it will look good? I can't tell how good the stock caps are from the pics, they're doubeshot pbt not dyesubs

it is expensive, like $300 bucks or so. But it comes with a GMK set and an aluminum body.

I think its worth it, if you are building a similar custom, it wold cost almost the same thing, if not more. Its a shame they offer fullsizes only.

How do you clean Model F springs?

>$300
at that price point you can buy a cnc machine and make it your self, wood and aluminum can be cut with the same machine and tools.

Where are your HHKB's?

If they sold a TKL I'd buy it. Still leaning towards topre or a custom kbd75 with hotswap switches

Wife bought me this keyboard. NiZ plum electrostatic.

How does it stack up? I personally love how it feels and sounds. Came to this from cherry browns.

Not sure if you are just baiting or you actually believe a cnc mill is the same thing as a cnc router.

Where are your mechanical keyboards?

define mechanical

Anyone have experience witht he iKBC TD108? I was looking at it or the F108.

do the topre rubber domes degrade over time? or do they degrade from clicks? also how long would that degrading take?