How fucked am I Sup Forums?

How fucked am I Sup Forums?
>taking CS course about comp architecture
>pretty simple stuff, just learning with simple breadboards for a third of the semester, and the other third of the semester about state machines, instruction set, etc.
>get A's on multiple tests
>2 months before the end of the semester we learn about assembly
>have taken c++ and java so this shouldn't be too hard despite the professor being a pajeet who has no idea how to teach us how to program with assembly (first semester teaching)
>have no idea what's going on for first week so think that it shouldn't be too hard to learn by myself right?
>start working on more java/c++ side projects to beef up my resume
>completely neglect any self learning with assembly
>now I have a project by Friday to make a digital clock in assembly with an MSP430 while I have no idea how to do the very basic in this language
>Am i fucked?

Other urls found in this thread:

ti.com/lit/ug/slau131q/slau131q.pdf
instructables.com/id/Digital-Clock-using-MSP430/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

a clock you say?

You have like three days to learn it you faggot. Plenty of time. Go hit the books.

HIRE A SHITSKIN POO NIGGER at UPWORK

do you even have the led/output devices ready, brainlet?

kek, i look forward to seeing you in /r9k/ raging at Pajeets next week

A clock? That's less than 200 lines in asm

Chill the f up, user. Assembly is as simple as it could be, just google "MSP430 assembly" and start from there.

Boring as fuck, programming microcontrols is about know hardware and signals over programming.

ti.com/lit/ug/slau131q/slau131q.pdf

Put algorithms and parts systems on paper,then read above pdf to make things work, asm on microcontrols is easy but tedious and boring as fuck.

>326 pages
RAAAAAAAGHHHHHHHHH

Fuck me. Can you do it in C? Then you can do it in assembly.
>Learn to loop
>Learn how to do a 1 second delay (obviously depends on your clock speed )
>Pulse 1 pin every second (on and then immediately off)
>Chain counters, AND gates and BCD to 7 seg displays
Finally, do as this user says. Design the hardware properly (block diagram, then one with pinouts), then the algorithm and read that pdf until you know it inside and out.

Fuck you faggot, I'm not about to read 400 pages of dictionary-tier writing because my pajeet teacher can't teach

>I want to be spoonfed instead of trying to learn the subject and get good.

I really hate fuckers like you in my comp arch class.

You are if you want to pass. Why didnt you bother to learn assembly in the timetabled lecture hours instead if you cant understand him?
I've got a version of you in my class, he doesnt do anything, complains and then asks around the class for help in the final week.

Computer architecture classes really do sort wheat from the chaff. I had people coming up to me during the revision period before exams asking what registers were.

so you mov shit to registers, push shit to the stack, you don't use while or for loops, you just use conditional jumps and that's all basically

also which assembly?

That image is dumb, there's no difference between an assembly language and a machine language, the mnemonics are just there for people.

Even pajeet could do it in ... C
instructables.com/id/Digital-Clock-using-MSP430/

Boring part is translate program to asm use manual just put instruct set,compiler set up.

I realized halfway through my assembly course that my normal process wouldn't fly, meaning I couldn't just watch anime and do the runins on the last day until the tests came around. Shit's hard, man, there's a reason we have high level languages.

Also, fuck writing assembly code on paper with a pen

Btw that's not OP, I am. but thank you to
I will get started on it right now and hopefully I can finish it before the deadline. Thanks for all the information

>write it in C
>decompile to its assembly code
Wow difficult

Just bring a bomb to class, they can't tell the difference.

>No comments at all
>Weird optimizations only a compiler would do

Great idea. Not.

You can do it, but you have no time to lose, so get cracking.

Assembly is not "hard", but it's different from higher level programming. You do pretty much everything with registers, flags and pointers.

Imagine high level programming as your living room where you can listen too music and play on your computer an open the fridge at the same time.

In Assembly you have a very small room and only 4 working benches, each with only one electric socket. You can put pretty much everything in your house on the working benches, but only one pieces at time. Also you have some LEDs on your bench which indicate different stuff:
- if the object on bench one is made of metal, LED1 shines blue
- if the object is too heavy for the workbench, LED2 shines red
..and so on.
Also you have a few pieces of paper. one paper tells you what you just did, the next one gives you an idea where different pieces lie.

You get the idea?
It's not difficult to do things,but you have to make much more steps in order to achieve something..

what did he mean by this

If you already know how to program, it's doable. You can just write the code in C, and translate it to assembly yourself, once you learn the basics like looping, conditional, etc. idioms in assembly. Your biggest challenge will probably be figuring out how the timer works, and how to set up an ISR.

Underated

>delay loops
>not using timer interrupts
I guess for OP it works since he wants to just get it done but in a serious micro course they'd probably mark you off for that.

Assembly from a compiler looks absolutely foreign to someone learning assembly for the first time