Why did audio visualisers die out?

Why did audio visualisers die out?

because no one "listens" to music anymore, it's just background noise that you let autoplay on spotify or whatever while doing something else

Music used to be something you'd enjoy, you took time to listen to it, so visualisers where something to look at while doing so.
Nowadays it just plays in the background like user said.

What these guys said. Fucking normies and their short attention span/shit music. I've never watched a visualizer though.

>Implying people gave a shit even when music visualization existed

The fuck is wrong with you people.

Like you ever started at your green-head winamp while listening to korn.

I started building one on the side. It's gonna be the best one ever. sprinkling stars when the treble hits, pumping shadow and glow when the bass blasts

Spotted the underage.

Yeah, no, fuck off.

Even fucking music casettes I owned I never "just listened" to. I've always read something while listening to them or just had them on when going to bed or some shit.

This
"Dude we sophisticated people back in the day totally appreciated music more" thing is fucking retarded, take off the goggles cuck.

People used to go to concerts to listen to the performers. Now they go to take a shitty video with their iphone for their 'friends' when it's already being professional done.

>reddit spacing
>cuck

because they users all died of acid overdoses some time between 1999 and 2001

>winamp
It really did kick the Llamas ass.

>muh wrong generation

>people don't want to stare st some stupid colors flashing on their face so they don't know how to listen to music
Buncha gay replies, ridiculous

I believe the thing is that those were popular because they looked hi-tech and impressive from a tech standpoint, when you were first able to run them on home computers. Windows also had a bunch of gay animations you could run just to see how innovative the technology was for the time, same with screensavers. It was the equivalent to all those guys recording Bethoven or Dvorak on synthesizers in the 60s, kinda like a proof of concept, to show the power of the machines.
Then they stayed around a bit longer because some people, mostly stoners, actually enjoyed looking at them, but since it wasn't relevant to the original purpose anymore they started to die out. And stoners didn't make their own to keep the vibe alive because, obviously, potheads never accomplish anything anyway.

Looking for a way to convert sound to image. Preferably wav/flac/mp3 to png/jpg. Any of you black skinned gentlememes know such a wizardry?

no it didn't
it whipped it, you stupid fuck

you need to be 18yo to post here.

that just brought back a memory of 15 years ago where I smoked a joint with a friend for like the second time ever and we listened to the Best of Cafè del Mar Vol. whatever while watching my carefully curated Milkdrop library
too bad I'll never be 16 again

you're supposed to listen to music not watch it

I've met people like you who cannot comprehend that some people listen to music as a pastime.
It happens you fucking idiot, go be autistic somewhere else.

He isn't wrong though. A modern concert is just a fucking sea of god damned cellphones, it's absolutely terrible. I always make a point of going with some metalhead friends and 'accidentally' knocking ifags out of peoples hands under the guise of moshing.

I felt sick looking at them when I was a kid.

people stopped putting effort into things they could not sell for cash money