Apologize

apologize.

bump

RIP IRC

for what?

FOR WHAT BITCH LASAGNA

>open discord

>wow haha you're a gamer too isn't this quote we show you on the loading screen so RanD0M??1?1?1?1

> close discord

How do I into IRC channels? Every server I seem to find on Google is dead.

well that's (part of) the problem

What's the other (part of) the problem?

IRC is dead because nobody uses it anymore?

there's never any centralized way to find ircs

I still can't install it on muh Manjaro because of the libc++ horse shit error(s) that provoke me from installing it

How does one host their own "server" the same way you do in Discord?

>falling for the Manjaro meme

see

>Every server I seem to find on Google is dead.
Working as intended. I'm on several channels, all of which are alive and well. You find out about them by word of mouth or by registering to pre-Reddit forums.

idk but i'd imagine you need your own server, as in the physical thing, or server hosting

So you'll only find a bunch of old people on there?

not using mumble in 2017 LUL.

teamspeak, mumble and vent are the only voip client anyone should be using if I get asked to use discord by someone I delete them and block them.

simple

IM PICKLE RIIIIIIICK

R I Z O N

I don't get it. I don't use Sup Forumsiscord. Someone explain this thread to me.

>mumble is the only voip client anyone should be using
ftfy

edgy

How do you find non-dead pre-Reddit forums? All the ones that I used to frequent in the 00s have died.

inspircd or any of the other dozens of ircds available for free in the repositories.

But if you just want something for you and your friends, you're better off making a channel on one of the bigger networks, like rizon, freenode, efnet or dalnet

but I will warn you, if idiots could fly, dalnet would be an airport

No, fuck off. I wish I didn't need this garbage to keep in touch with most of my friends.

So jaded

go on rizon and just take a look at the top 10 channels.
some of them are decent

Ok, I'll go back to Skype

>they don't use telegram for all their IM needs
Fucking underage get off my board

You have to have joined before Reddit became the go-to forum hosting service.
>All the ones that I used to frequent in the 00s have died.
Then you joined the wrong forums.
If you're making an irc server for just your friends just set up your own server. Making channels on large networks is overkill and also subjects you to their rules and such. Plus you get no privacy since the administration can (and probably do) log chats.

>telegram
Fucking furries get off my board

If you look on the >>>/global/rules page at the bottom you will find Sup Forums has it's very own IRC channel

no

Telegram is a very normie thing.
Now discord is full of furries everywhere.

>not using riot

Ebaumsworld my children

I’m a contranian; the post