I just god mydaq from my uni, what can I do with it?

I just god mydaq from my uni, what can I do with it?

Nobody knows what it is, go away

It's intended usage

Uh, for music?

Umich?

It's an digital aquisition device. It will most likely convert voltages to digital values. In short it's an ADC (analog digital converter) that's probably used for automating/meassuring stuff with programmes like LabView.

Neat. Can I store music on it?

you're Finnish aren't ya?

Oh shit user, how did you know

Cause I got one of em suckers too. Tampere by any chance?

Yep

Not really as it lacks internal storage, however you could use it to convert the voltage that a LP record player puts out to digital values and store them on your computer. Try to google the exact product number and read some documentation and see what type of softwares are compatible with it. Maybe there is a programm available that lets you store acquired digital values in some sort of recognized music format (mp3, etc.).

A different application would be to wire up a temperature sensor to it and do long term temp measurements with your computer. There are many applications for ADCs / DACs in the electronic world.

Well you should Learn all about it from the introductory course in which it was handed then. It's not really that great, its basically a cheap version of electrical equipment mashed together into something students can practice on.

I use a similar device at my company to read the angle of a (potentiometer based) steering wheel that gets read by a simulator computer so that the simulation software knows the "set value" of the angle of a rudder of the simulated ship.

Figures, no need to give anything shiny to the freshmen.

That sounds interesting, Il have to look into it.

Getting familiar with DAQ devices, PLCs, etc. can set you on the path to industrial automation if you're passionate about learning it. Having university support is great because the licensing for this shit gets ungodly expensive.

Learning LabVIEW may be helpful if you have NI hardware to work with. As shitty as it is, management still thinks it's pretty rad. Combine that with ladder logic and you have experience with a large portion of industrial programming in use today.

>cheap
400$

A proper oscilloscope already costs more than $400. And its just one of the many things a mydaq emulates.

The absolute state of this "consumer tech" board

It's not a proper oscilloscope then, since it achieves the same as a 100$ picoscope (with free software)

> not using myRIO

One job, user.

Insert into anus

Wein bridge oscillator faggot
if you're actually into circuits.

Put Stuxnet on it