Do you own a 4k monitor?

Do you own a 4k monitor?

no. 27" 1080p Asus dual monitors here. is it worth the upgrade to a 4k curved monitor or is it just a meme>

Why the fuck do you ask us?
You're the one who knows about his own financial situation and weights if he want's a bigger display or more DPI and how much he really needs it.

I used to own one, the best monitor I ever used. Needed the money so I pawned it off.

Since April 2014. The month that the first sub-500 4K panels got released.
Never going back.

Same here. I ordered a Samsung 28d590d from Korea because they didn't sell them here yet. Never going back

Sent it back because of very little black light bleeding. It was nice the week i used it but it has to be perfect.

No, but I own a 5k 27" imac. It's very nice for text. Everything else looks about the same.

bro my laptop is WXGA get on my level

Yes, but I keep it at 1440p because my gpu sucks

Haha oh wow. You're me.
Excellent choice.

No, but I wish I did. I wouldn't go less than 40" inches, though, and I can't afford that right now.

yes and I just have to make everything 4x bigger to be able to see anything
total meme do not buy

>40" inches

inb4
>you're a brainlet

nah i bought a 3440x1440. Feels good man 4k cinematic aspect movies look great on it

Nah, I tried 1440p/144Hz, 1440p ultrawide and 4K and the former won by far. Desktop easily usable on a 27" screen without scaling, silky smooth motion and games look incredible. Ultrawide did nothing for me and 4K is both unusable without scaling and far too hard to drive in games, even with a 1080 Ti.

Bought the ViewSonic XG2703-GS in the end and lucked out with a perfect panel first time of asking.

Yes. Bought this one for future proofing in 2015.
It was hell, the scaling was horrible and games didn't work properly. My GPU broke after only three months so I had a forced downgrade.
Not bad, this one was 600 €, one of not the first Gsync 4K screen. I was really glad to own it because Gsync helps a lot in the 35 - 45 FPS range. I played like this until Pascal finally came. Now I know which brand I'll NEVER buy again.

Not yet, i will when they make 4K/IPS/165-200hz monitors

Nah, maybe when the new HDMI 2.0 spec becomes more popular i'll grab one. Right now they all have to either upscale or use two cables to run the screen.

I own a 4k IPS monitor and a 4k OLED TV. I feel sorry for the poorfags who are missing out.

>use two cables to run the screen.
That was 2013. They have Displayport.
I will upgrade then too, but the 144 Hz 4K screens are still unreleased, that ASUS one was priced at 2000 €. It will take a while until these become affordable. And even if, we need more graphical performance. A 1080 Ti can run BF4 at 100 FPS, but newer games barely run at 60.

Yeah, I do, a 27" model. The DPI is amazing, never going back.

>use two cables to run the screen
You're stuck like half a decade ago user. DP1.2 and HDMI 2.0 are ubiquitous.

Those are so fucking comfy. I'm thinking of getting one

You mean DP 1.4, the max it can do is 120hz @ 4K

If these new 4K monitors coming out next year are able to OC to 165hz they will most likely use 2 DP cables and some sort of internal up scaling hardware.

unless they create some DP 1.4a but then graphic cards won't be supporting it.

No, I mean DP 1.2. DP 1.4 is not ubiquitous, in fact I don't even believe any consumer-oriented DP 1.4 monitors are even on the market at all. What you can currently buy now are 4K 60Hz monitors with DP 1.2 and HDMI 2.0. Those are ubiquitous.

I know of 2 4K 144Hz HDR (Asus and Acer) monitors which were announced, however they both use a single DP 1.4 input and will not support DSC, as such the input signal will be limited by the bandwidth, if you want 4K 144Hz you'll have to drop down to 422/420/8bit and shit like that. The exact max refresh rate you get depends on what video signal you use. Pretty shitty, actually.

Yeah got one a couple months ago when one of my old monitors died. I'm actually really surprised how much better text looks on it, just wish more stuff had proper 4k support.

Probably another reason why there are no 144 Hz screens so far. And no one can afford it. 4K is still a niche that becomes more viable now, yet most people aren't willing to afford a 900 € graphics card to be able to run 4K resolutions.
Volta will bring the same performance for half the price and also new display connectors. The next Ti will run current games at around 100 FPS.

>Paying for 4k monitors.
The typical 3d human can't monitor more than 1k.

Yes, it's 27" and has G-Sync.

Waiting for a 40-43" 4k IPS monitor to be $500 or so. I can get a TV that does 4:4:4 and 60hz for around that price, I may just do that.
>muh response time
if you actually test it and not just fall for the 1ms response time you see on a store page decent brand TV isn't far off from a monitor, I'll take a 5-10ms hit if it means I have $250

I feel immersed using a 3440 1440 screen. It surpasses my own fov when watchin the middle.

I have 27" 1440p, don't really see a reason to go 4k when I don't consume any 4k content

that sounds fucking awful

Im waiting for 2160p/120Hz monitors, 60Hz is unusable garbage.

Yup. Coming up on a couple of years now. I bought a 40" as soon as I could get one under $600 (I paid $560). The massive amount of unscaled, usable workspace I've gotten used to makes it hard to go back to anything smaller without feeling cramped.

in a few weeks

i'm going for contrast and screen real estate, so tlc 55 inch 605/607 seems best price performance

volta honestly looks like its a pass generation where nvidia had to do a 800mm die size just to look compelling against their prior cards, if they had actual performance upticks they would never have made a die that fucking big.

getting a 4k va monitor with 6500:1 static contrast and full array backlight.

considering monitors are such fucking shit and no one makes a good one or more then one company makes good ones so they compete with price, have to go tv for something worth a damn.

the best monitors are around 9ms, the best tvs is either 12 or 15ms, the average tv is around 30-50ms though, and those are average good tvs, not shit cheap ones.

tcl 605/607 is price way below what its worth because no name brand in the states.

>2018 - 1/12
>he doesn't have a 8k 120Hz 4:4:4 12 bits monitor
lmao poorfags

As of yesterday, and hoping one of you fuckers know what I'm doing wrong.
>One monitor for my CAD workstation burns up
>Boss grabs me a sizable Samsung UHD smart TV
>Workstation has beefy graphics card with 4DP, have to use a DP-HDMI adapter for the TV though, which is rated for 4k/60Hz as well as a 4k/60Hz HDMI cable
>Can't get refresh rate on TV higher than 30Hz, second monitor won't go lower than 60Hz
This is really jarring, the fuck do I do?

this
dumb questions from dumb people

>4k

near future. 8k meme is coming.

Do they make HiDPI monitors in 16:10? No? Then no.

look in the monitors settings, its likely that said monitor is defaulting to hdmi 1.3 or something instead of 2.0, if that fails, you should be able to set the gpu to only output 30fps to make them match.

A 4K OLED TV
I have not found the perfect monitor yet: 4K Freesync 10-bit HDR, no curved shit.

Nope. Went 1440p when I upgraded. No complaints a all with my S2716DG. Great panel and my 1070 runs most everything well on it.

I got a 4k TV, which has completely fucked my expectations up for what quality I want to see on cable and Youtube.
4K monitors are pretty good, but unless it is at least 32 inches you won't be able to take advantage of the technology.