Muh free market

>muh free market
>much less regulation
Eat shit ameritards
arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2017/11/comcast-quietly-drops-promise-not-to-charge-tolls-for-internet-fast-lanes/

who cares about murricuck lobbyism

All internet packets are equal, but some internet packets are more equal than others.

Could Trump be.. dare I say it ... our guy?
>Seems like yesterday, doesn't it?

I have no idea how a non-partisan issue that benefits literally 99% of the nation became a fucking us vs. them. I don't understand how we have two decades of Comcast and somehow people are willing to defend them. Its just mind boggling.

No idea. They're shit until they say they won't be shit, and this time we will believe them because they wouldn't lie this time, for sure. Definitely.

I particularly like this wording
>To be clear, Comcast has never offered paid prioritization, we are not offering it today, and we're not considering entering into any paid prioritization creating fast lane deals with content owners.
>with content owners
>owners
Consumers on the other hand...

It's literally /r/t_d trying to raid, only people here are smart enough to not play along.

That was what they promised in May 2014.
Now they're beginning to list exceptions to that.

>people here are smart enough
These sorts of public press releases are written by teams of faggots and mean exactly what they say, in the case of the above, they mean that content owners are not being considered for fast lane shenanigans on that exact day
It should be understood from this that they were planning to rape everyone else, content distributors, content resellers, content consumers, etc, etc... and anyone who fits into these categories should expect it

>Free market
>american ISPs
Choose one and only one.

I think you got it wrong, user, I'm not trying to defend any ISPs but deals with consumers is the legitimate job of ISP, and a deal with consumer for fast lanes is just you switching to a plan with higher speeds.

I want faster speeds to do whatever I want with it. I don't want faster speeds for a fucking social package. That's what they're going to do and its going to be slow and inevitably when services they don't agree with like torrenting are turned of, then I guess I'll just fuck off then.

>faster speeds for a fucking social package.
Well, you don't call this faster lanes for consumers. Faster lanes for consumers literally means some consumers get faster lanes than others.

There are a fuckton of twitter bots claiming that it's a good idea and net neutrality is bad. They're probably linked to Russia and this is just like the election

>only people here are smart enough to not play along.

I really doubt it. it's been completely overrun by t_d shills and reddit garbage in general, and unfortunately political raids turn into migrations/annexation by the raiders, and are more-or-less permanent from my experience. Get ready for pol being a reddit proxy from now on.

>implying Sup Forums had any value to begin with

>A company has shitty service
>Another company offers better service
>Company with better service gets all the customers
>Company with shitty service dies

>implying ISPs haven't already lobbied to pass laws preventing competition

>bandwith hogs should be protected by law

lmao this is what net neutrality cucks believe

It's already there with consumers.
You can get the base package of 28.8kbps or the medium package of 1Mbps or the mega-hyper-global-net package of 10000TBps.

Doesn't matter when you have no customers.

Lrn2mrkt

>corporations are bad
>let's pass a law that protects corporations from paying their fair share for the traffic they use

Speeds (network throughput) can depend on physical infrastructure though, so there's at least some basis to stratifying it.
On the other hand, blocking content based on what's in your access package is just straight up Jewish behavior. Consumer ISPs already have access to most (like 99%) of the content that a customer might want download, refusing to switch packets just cause they aren't paying for a certain package is money-grubbing.

>companies have monopolies in many areas
>giving said companies the ability to fuck people hard in said areas
get raped