Is there a cheaper place to buy these?

Is there a cheaper place to buy these?

Even monoprice is expensive as fuck

Other urls found in this thread:

wiki.eth0.nl/index.php/LackRack
ikeahackers.net/2012/05/rast-transformed-in-a-19-inch-rack-mount.html
m.samash.com/samson-srk12-universal-12-space-rack-stand-srk12xxxx?cm_mmc=GoogleShopping-_-Recording-_-Channeladvisor-_-Samson SRK12 Universal 12 Space Rack Stand&utm_source=GSH&utm_medium=CSE&utm_campaign=Channeladvisor&CAWELAID=1594745849&CAGPSPN=pla&CAAGID=28120526597&CATCI=pla-411488771964&CATARGETID=500002510000092324&cadevice=m&gclid=CjwKCAiAr_TQBRB5EiwAC_QCqycKBAs7L3d2aQnFYKd7_QD89aO2_5xaILRqR8Lj9Zw4XnZgi4r9ohoCKuEQAvD_BwE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

yes

China

Last thread I remember when someone asked said to check Craigslist. Some places have them very cheap.

buy drivebays and just screw the hdds in, tape drivebys with duct tape to case.

don't be an idiot and spend money on a 'server rack.'

overpriced garbage.

I have a big mess of electronics shit (server, desktop computer, switch, router, ups, etc) on my floor and lying around I want to clean up and put in a rack.

The goal is to make it neater and more manageable, not less.

guitar center for old audio rack. works the same for server.

>450mm depth
I hope you know that is useless for servers, the minimum for them is 800m and even then you should be looking at 1000 or 1200. That rack is designed for access switches.

Wasn't even looking at the specs to be honest, it was the cheapest one monoprice had listed

there's a piece of ikea furniture that's the perfect spacing for rackmount
you just need to drill some holes

If you can build a computer,

Then you can go to Lowes/Home Depot and buy some wood or plywood and build a simple frame with a ruler, drill, and screws for under $20 and a couple of hours

Good luck senpai

This, although I personally prefer the rast rack. ikeahackers.net/2012/05/rast-transformed-in-a-19-inch-rack-mount.html

buy the wall mount ones, they're so fucking easy to work with

I rent so I'm trying to get something I can put in the corner next to my desk that will be easy to move around if I need to

>server rack
Legit the most overpriced jewish piece of shit "technology" there is. I used a good metal shoe rack.

Ikea

You can use Ikea Lack as a makeshift rack:

buy some sheet metal and weld one yourself. Then go get it anodised.

I forgot the name but I got a buddy who bought a fucking 18u server rack for like 18 dollars, it was one of those old government / bank whatever deposits where they sold shit from companies who went under.

My friend used modular stand-alone workshop shelves from bauhaus (EU home depot) for his home server autismo.
Thy have flexible mounting holes and the dimensions can be easily constructed to wish. The only modifications he did is ad some rubber to the bottom and places that come into contact with the server housing to prevent rub and vibrations.

That's the way to do it. I almost had two for free, but it was haul it away, and you needed to take both. Once in a while, it sucks not having a pickup truck.

You can buy racks for audio equipment. Here's one m.samash.com/samson-srk12-universal-12-space-rack-stand-srk12xxxx?cm_mmc=GoogleShopping-_-Recording-_-Channeladvisor-_-Samson SRK12 Universal 12 Space Rack Stand&utm_source=GSH&utm_medium=CSE&utm_campaign=Channeladvisor&CAWELAID=1594745849&CAGPSPN=pla&CAAGID=28120526597&CATCI=pla-411488771964&CATARGETID=500002510000092324&cadevice=m&gclid=CjwKCAiAr_TQBRB5EiwAC_QCqycKBAs7L3d2aQnFYKd7_QD89aO2_5xaILRqR8Lj9Zw4XnZgi4r9ohoCKuEQAvD_BwE

Buy used ones.
Literary 0.10€ here.

Craigslist. You can buy used ones cheap or find them once in a blue moon under the free section.

get someone who does or just pay for it, even if you have to pay for someone to pick it up it will be cheaper than actually buying it new

look for an office being refitted or shut down. Or see if an office has been refurbished recently near you.

The Samson one on Amazon is cheaper and okay. Not the best quality - some holes were misaligned so I had to drill them bigger, but easily worth it.

there weren't any companies getting rid of server equipment near me so I bought a chink shit 22U open-frame rack for under a hundred bucks. Then I stuck some black cardboard to the side with magnets to make it look like it has a side panel. eh, it works.

Build your own out of T rails and screws. Those office chair wheels are cheap as fuck too. It would cost like 50 bucks max (especially if you already have a decent hacksaw and drill).

I got a full 42u rack for $50
No doors though

eBay

don't build any server or computer cases made of wood

If this is for a home setup, why not just make your own?