warosu.org/g/thread/S13527775
warosu.org/g/thread/S14709605
warosu.org/g/thread/S16679359
warosu.org/g/thread/S16605907
warosu.org/g/thread/S1650185
warosu.org/g/thread/S17228328
warosu.org/g/thread/S17080966
warosu.org/g/thread/S17798483

>mfw actively shitposted on Sup Forums at the time and dismissed the BTC threads as spam

And now this piece of shit is worth 10k. It hurts Sup Forums, it really does...

Other urls found in this thread:

warosu.org/g/thread/S11514696
github.com/TokTok/c-toxcore/issues/426
yegor256.com/2017/08/15/bitcoin-pyramid.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Don't remind me. I should have had a crystal ball back then.

I have half a Bitcoin I got for free. The more it is worth the more it hurts me I didn't get more.

7 years, and bitcoin is no closer to being a viable currency. It's a commodity, inflated by black markets, with a tiny percentage being trading for actual legitimate goods, with the majority pumped back and forth.
And I hope anyone on Sup Forums is smart enough to realize that without state and therefore military backing, crypto is worthless.

Same :/

to be honest, I thought it was just some a form of currency for buying drugs on the dark web, which is what I mainly saw it being used for. I never thought of buying it.

I had hundreds of buttcoins back in the day and my HDD shat itself. Fuck me.

What happened to it user? Absolutely no way of getting your data back?

The state is giving cryptocurrency value by keeping drugs illegal.

Heard a guy was on the radio the other week who owns a newsagency. He had old stock where some magazine came with a free bitcoin, dude had boxes and boxes that were thrown out and today it would of equalled to 11m...

Bitcoin is already compromised by the Feds,there are better altcoins for DNMs.

>It's a commodity, inflated by black markets

when will this meme end? black markets aren't actually that big, it's China and now Japanese investing that's making it so big

i had 1000000000000000000000000000000000000000 buttcoins but my butt shat itself believe me guys

Any info on how BTC is used in Asian markets? Are Chinese using it to subvert the state? Is it used for general goods and services?

I was stupid and had the wallet on my laptop. Ended up dropping it. The platters wouldn't spin when I turned it back on.

You have no idea how much it does. People basically gifted you lots of bitcoins if you asked in a thread.

And yet, i did nothing. The same with Litecoins and Etherium.

>warosu.org/g/thread/S11514696

This one's absolutely hilarious. But goddamn, it feels so bad remembering being on Sup Forums back then and never taking it seriously.

It's because of you guys I can't buy a AMD Vega card for anything below 700+ right now.

It's also AMD's fault for being fucking awful at supply chains. For a company that wants to compete super badly with Nvidia they sure can't handle a situation in which their cards are actually in demand by people.

They're not using it. The Chinese are just notoriously awful at managing wealth.

>you better buy now or miss out on $100,000+

i used to mine a coin a day and sell them for $1 each on mtgox

>i used to mine a coin a day and sell them for $1 each on mtgox
Holy shit.

>people regretting not being able to know the future

At this point you might as well regret not buying the exact number for the 500M powerball

Yeah, if I only had not only gone
>lol, WTF is a buttcoin
but also
>lol, I'll just keep my gaming rig running at night
I'd be a millionaire now. I even had some lightcoin CPU mining almost set up, but then got annoyed at some minor hickup and gave up.
Well, at least I got in in spring and rode the altcoin bubble for a bit and am now sitting on comfy 600% gains.
But the bigger issue is this:
That whole thing is not sustainable.
BTC does fucking nothing.
It is not a currency (anymore), because you can't buy fuckall with it, and if you find a few shops that accept it, enjoy either waiting days for your transaction going through, or paying 20% in fees. Not good.
And store of value?
Nope.
It's even worse than some paper gold.
If the chinese decide to give up on mining, it'll become worthless and useless over night.
Still, I keep riding that train as long as I want to, but there is no way that I'm going to add more real money into it.
Sure, for those that were lucky enough to buy/mine a shitload of bitcoins when $10 got you a truckload full have won whatever happens, but all those
>I invested my live savings in it. Moon!!!! Lambo!!! Retirement next year!!!!
idiots over on /biz/ are living on the edge

Until they find a way to decentralize bitcoin exchanges, I ain't going near that shit. You hear like every other month about some place getting hacked and thousands of bitcoins going missing.
It's straight-up Africa-tier shit.

The Chinese has the largest centralized mobile payment system in the entire world (50 times the US size). They're actually way ahead in fintech than people are willing to admit.

Etherdelta

I remember the cryptocurrency generals before /biz/. Luckily I wasn't a retard and actually put some money in it.
Now all I see is profit. It's just too bad I didn't mine anything too.

>Until they find a way to decentralize bitcoin exchanges
Yeah, that is an issue too.
If you are going to hodl BTC and maybe one or two other coins, having your own wallet is ok, but as soon as you wanna trade, you gotta trust the exchanges (thanks, insane fees and transaction times) and there ain't not single one that you can trust.
E.g. Bittrex seems like a somewhat well regarded one, but there is no way of knowing that you wont get fucked.
Recently, they decided that they need verifcation, without any prior notice.
But for whatever reason, they won't veryfy me and support is playing deaf.
Oh well, $1000 down the drain…
Fuck those thieves.
Plus, they know very well that most of their "customers" can't get a lawyer for such small sums, especially when they are from another continent, and law enforcement is just going "lol, what's a bitcoin?"
If you wanna play it fair, crypto is not the place for you. But if you're up for a scam, it's the place to be.

They don't want to compete with nVidia THAT much.
AMD is a CPU company.

Rick Falkvinge 500 iq confirmed.

If you still have the drive you need to take that to a data forensics professional. You're looking at millions of dollars locked up on that thing.

I remember them being worth 0.10$

I even gave 1 full bitcoin to the pirate bay

>That whole thing is not sustainable.
That, in a nutshell, is the problem I have with the concept of cryptocurrencies in general. Whether or not the whole thing was intended as a high-tech pyramid scheme, that is what is is for all practical purposes.

>Whether or not the whole thing was intended as a high-tech pyramid scheme, that is what is is for all practical purposes.
This.
But it is actually quite sad. Bitcoin (or any other crypto for that matter) would be nice to have as an alternative CURRENCY, but currently, it's anything but.
I'd bet some will survive, just as the tech-bubble also lead to a few good ideas and strong companies, but a lot will fail.
And I'm not really worried about BTC being worth 10k (though 10k could probably trigger some selloff, since it is such a nice round number, or some buying spree, who knows), it might still be underwalued, but I'm fucking scared about the speed it got there.

I have a hard time understanding how tech savvy people could not intuitively understand how amazing bitcoin is. I only had to read about a minute about it in 2011 before I got the potential and have been in the community ever since. Programmable, permissionless and trustless money. That's an extremely powerful combo.

That being said, I believe it's overbought now, it's not used enough to warrant a $166 billion market cap, and there are other newer generation cryptocurrencies with even higher potential.

> and there are other newer generation cryptocurrencies with even higher potential

Such as? Every other altcoin bar Ethereum seems like a scam which won't even last long enough to make the holders profit from it. At least not nearly on the Bitcoin/Ethereum scale.

Ethereum is my top pick too, but I could understand the appeal of other coins with specific features like the privacy of monero

Shitcoin has no value other than "revealing" to normies about the worthlessness of fiat currency and thus bringing to an end the age of the kike. I'm betting on gold and silver and actual things I can hold. Good luck with your numbers.

>smart enough to realize that without state and therefore military backing

I don't think these homos know that one's own life has value and therefore don't understand that fiat currency is not fiat, it is equal to your life.

>gold and silver have tangible value

nigga everyone knows that the real currency is oil and gas in other words energy, that's why the petro dollar is a thing and US is fucking shit up in middle east

Does the BTC value matter when converting into real money is a pain in the ass and you can only use it to buy a limited amount of goods at outrageous markups? I don't regret never engaging in this shit, probably never will.

If you feel regret over spending your bitcoins when they were cheap that's all the evidence one needs that the whole thing is doomed to fail, as all deflating currencies are.

goddamn

I threw a pizza party with the 2000 btc I mined back in 2009

FUCK ME

When I was still into crypto currency, I made a little under 8000€ profits.
I've always laugh at idiots who don't know when to act and prefer being dumbasses instead.

Nothing to hurt about OP, you can't change who you are.

I miss Sup Forums dogecoin threads

If you bought these in 2010 your investment is now paying itself 100.000 times back.

I'd say it matters.

holy shit kek
I'm 100% sure I would have done the same if I'd have ever engaged in this.

I gave a bitcoin to an old friend so he could buy steam games during sale when he was really depressed it was worth 340 at the time. He hanged himself the following day so I've been keeping an eye on the situation his desktop is at his sisters in the attic i will have to burglarize her to obtain it issue is shes a stay at home mom with 3 kids under 5. I've been thinking about just clubbing her with a rubber mallet then go in and out quick.

you can't change the past. it doesn't matter.

>>mfw I made $213 in 10 days of BTC mining.

>It's at $3 per bitcoin. I mine about 10 per day. Funny thing is, the cards I'm mining on (2x HD 5870) were only $180 each, and I've mined about 800 BTC so far (which would be $2400 if I sold them at $3/ea)

>Nvidiafags are so told it's not even funny. All your cards do is burn down your house while mine prints money directly to my paypal account.

Good stuff.

gold

kek I did the exact same thing. I ran it for maybe one night and uninstalled it because I was afraid of burning out my 5770

What sold me and all my friends on it back in the day was that it'll never be money because only the fed can legally make money
That right there is why bitcoin is so great
Fuck the fed

>11m
You mean 11M worth of BTC, not $11M, since you can't cash out. Might as well have a lot of Warcraft gold.

>be 2010
>build new computer using hand-picked parts
>keep reading about buttcoin
>debate getting into mining as a kind of stress test
>decide against it to spare my precious new hardware

I will forever keep trying to teleport my mind back into my 2010 body in order to change my mind about mining bitcoin and calling my grandmother every fucking day.

OKAY BUD

Literally point to anything technology related that Sup Forums has spoken about in the past and it's almost always wrong. Always do the opposite Sup Forums tells you.

>hurr iPhone what a fucking joke amirite hahaha
literally defined the entire modern technology culture & the world's most successful product
>hurr iPad morelike maxipad layymooo
again, completely defined an entire technology sector and continues to be the best selling device in the market
>hurr Bitcoins? fucking trash looool
this thread
>apple watch? wtf is this crown what a stupid idea no one is gonna buy it
outsells every smartwatch in existence and only device keeping wearables afloat
>x is the year of the linux deskterp xddd
lul
>microsoft is DEAD i tell you DEEEED
nutella comes in and stock price & company overall skyrocketed
>surface? its not a THINKPAD its dumb
defined an entire market sector and remains the gold standard for windows devices
>wanna talk to me just use tox xddd its super secure and the gubbermint can't spy on me
github.com/TokTok/c-toxcore/issues/426
>install noscript/ublock/and all these other privacy addons xddddd
greatly increases your unique fingerprint

only thing Sup Forums is capable of talking about are headphones and even then they rip half their info off of Sup Forums. Sup Forums's been telling me that Apple is dying every year and I invested $3,000 in the company in 2009. It's now currently worth 26k. Imagine what else you can do if you don't let a mongolian spy ring make your decisions for you?

Bitcoins go in >>/biz/ you nigger.

Why none of you anons with literally millions are having fun with all that cash instead of being neckbeard NEETs or pajeet tier code monkeys with dead end jobs?

Come on guys, if you got 20 to 60M dollars laying there at least do something with it specially because you guys are still young.
If some shit happens to you niggers no one will ever get that money (specially if you fuckers have kids) because right now it's not "worth" anything unless you convert it.

Fucking hell, learn when to cash in after winning the game, you won't gain positive karma points by letting your wealth rot in a digital wallet that can't do anything.

Sold One (1) BTC that I mined in a pool back in late 2012 when it was at around $1,300. No ragrats.
Also most of those faggots are salty novidya faggots who couldn't mine as well as people with AMD cards.

The value of a currency is defined by the quantity of goods and services circulating in it and not by the expectation of profit that some speculators expect to obtain in the future.
In this perspective bitcoin is a failure as currency, which was after 2013 infested with Jews.

>$8000 USD for 1 BTC? In what world is this guy living in.
Lol user probably hung himself at this point

Requesting the image of Sup Forums users putting stuff up their butt for buttcoin.

>how amazing bitcoin is
It's not, though.
>slow
>high fees
>not properly decentralized (80% of mining comes from 4 chinese companies)

Zero reason to use it for legal stuff, and even for illegal stuff there are better options right now.
Cool project and all, though. It was kinda revolutionary at the time.

Why not simply ask her to use the desktop you psychopath, say you're making a digital log or something about your friends and you need files from your friend to keep an archive of digital memories around or some shit.

This. I remember looking at the infographic and thinking it was, and still is to this day the most ingenious thing I've ever seen.

Electricity bill in china turns into real estate in united states. Slow speed, high fees or lack of decentralization don't matter for this use case.

>there will be a "Sup Forums threads about monero on 2016-2017" thread in 2023
>the same people crying now will be crying then

It's not like bitcoin was your only chance. Ethereum probably will give the same gains since inception within the next year or so. I remember when it was shilled on Sup Forums in July 2015 before it hit exchanges, wish I had bought some then.

Like any of you whining right now would've had the balls to hold until now if you hadn't lost access to your bitcoins.

I told ya, bro

Cynics always stay poor

Stupid leftist

yegor256.com/2017/08/15/bitcoin-pyramid.html

What exactly is the incentive to use this as a currency when it's in a state of constant deflation? To me it seems like a stock that doesn't actually produce anything outside of new investment.

Do we really need two threads about this?

There's only 3 kinds people who benefit from from bitcoins.

>Energy company shareholders
>Nvidia / AMD shareholders.
>Guys who own the currency exchange sites who ask for actual real world money as "tax" for transactions on the meme currencies.

>Started mining BTC on my HD4870
>Shit as slow, only got 0.3BC, decided to stop
>Lost wallet number long time ago

I could of had 2.5k right now.

Why is deflation a bad thing?

So which Wallet should I use for my PC? I'm n Eastern Europe if it has any relevance.

It doesn't require state backing, but it does need to be more useful than Bitcoin.

Bitcoin, though it has a supremely elegant design, had demonstrated resistance to important protocol changes. It'll be beat out by more useful cryptocurrencies like Ethereum. It might not actually /be/ Ethereum, but I suspect we'll end up with a cryptocurrency that uses a hybrid proof of work / proof of burn mining system, had the potential to be fully anonymous like Monero, has a smart contact system like Ethereum, and can scale to many transactions per second (beyond litecoin and friends).

slavshit nigger

I was one of those posters and I really regret telling people they were wasting their time buying graphics cards to mine with while I was posting from my X220t

>Download money
>Use money to buy a car
>indirectly download a car

That was me

fucking shit i bought a pizza for 4btc back then, i want to kill myself

I mined ~10 coins back in the day with my GPU and bought an ASIC miner with them. Fuckers were so slow and didn't ship until difficulty was so high it was impossible to make a profit. Oh well.

>bitcoin
>not monero
it's not 2009, gramps.

It tells you why in the post you're quoting. When the exchange value of a currency just keeps rising, there's less incentive to use it than when there's inflation.

Just think if you had purchased 1000 Buttcoins when they were like 1 cent each and then just sat on them.

there are probably a couple of people like that but it's difficult to turn that amount of bitcoins into real money without crashing the market.

Isn't the best way to buy other altcoins then trade those in?

i am sad now ;_;

What's the code for this JAV

The bitcoin bubble bursting will be the biggest burst in history.

thistbhfam

No government will allow them to be legitimized.
Government runs on taxes, and something that threatens to eliminate any form of taxation is just going to get banned outright, if not now, then soon.

>2010 was 8 years ago

alright im confused cause there are a lot of people here saying 'you cant cash out of your bitcoin'. there are like 20 exchanges that operate currently and they all offer services that exchange USD for btc and vice versa. $10K of bitcoin = literally 1 bitcoin and hundreds of bitcoin are transacted every hour of each of these exchanges. what do you guys mean you can't cash out?...

im not invested in bitcoin but ive created a website about cryptocurrency and did some visualizations of the various exchange prices and it seems there is pretty decent liquidity and lots of trade volume.

You can still recover the data dude....get it looked at by a hard drive professional...

Surely you can't be this defeatist and stupid, lmao

"ah I got $3+ million sitting on this old laptop, probably not worth trying to recover tho..."

>little benis xd
sink the chinks

Why do I keep listening to Sup Forums

>doing illegal shit on a public ledger
Even the FBI acknowledges that Bitcoin blockchain analysis has brought up cases by itself, making their job way easier with compete traceability