Windows 10 did one of those forced update things while i was out and i lost the electrum seed & password

>Windows 10 did one of those forced update things while i was out and i lost the electrum seed & password

you have a few options

a) stop using an os that owns you
b) upgrade to Windows 7
c) don't complain about it because no one actually cares outside of yourself

>electrum tells you to physically write down the seed
>you need to type it in again on the next screen and I'm pretty sure that pasting is disabled

>windows 10 lost my seed

>im pretty sure pasting is disabled
didnt stop me from typing it into notepad

>ignoring instructions and deliberately circumventing measures that exist to encourage you to follow the instructions
>complaining when something bad happens as a result of not following instructions

How did you lose that? I always store my seed and password in a keepass database and store it on one of my 50 mega acounts.

>forced update
>2k17
How is this still a thing ? Git gud user and get the latest windows version

The Apple Macbook Pro with Retina Display doesn't have this problem.

>Upgrade to windows7
>Upgrade
Sad but true on many point .

pretty sure you can disable the aito updates op is a special

>not having hard copies of your credential in a safe place
>not disabling auto-updates on in software widely know to fuck things up with auto-updating
You deserved to lose everything you did lose.

You managed to portray yourself as incredible stupid in your fabricated story.

Why does it matter if it's Pro or have a retina display? Isn't enough to say that Macs doesn't have this problem?

>windows

that seems to be your problem.
Have you considered Linux?

they are probably going into their second decade of auto-updating windows. And still they cant code a fucking notepad that saves it shit before being forcefully terminated. All those 'so important, left it open' moments - gone. Like tears in rain.

time to die

>Not mashing ctrl+s every time you input a character

sue.

stop being retarded, it only automatically restarts if you don't tell it not to, and then ignore all the prompts asking you to set an update time over the course of 2-4 weeks

>he hasn't upgraded to Windows 7

I unironically do this.

>using a decade-old slow bloated monstrosity because you're too stupid to tweak update settings

>disk space usage is in any way significant when everyone with half a brain has a dedicated SSD for booting their OS anyway

this
op is a brainlet

>posting lies

>He fell for the SSD meme

7 sets a 2xRAM pagefile by default, whereas 10 sets a variable one. that's why you see that difference. it's a few clicks change. both systems use the same amount of disk space after being fully updated.

I hope you're joking.

When experiencing the Skylake Windows 7 random hangs I did this all the time while programming.

>have a 90 gigabyte SSD dedicated to booting Windows 7
>god knows how many updates later, only 1.25 GB is available on the SSD

implying I don't know my own best and safety measures only exist for stupid tech illiterate people

>stupid tech illiterate people
That would be you. Dumb frogposter.

I haven't received a single forced update since I switch to w10, you retards are doing something wrong.

I[spoiler][/spoiler] u[spoiler][/spoiler]n[spoiler][/spoiler]i[spoiler][/spoiler]r[spoiler][/spoiler]o[spoiler][/spoiler]n[spoiler][/spoiler]i[spoiler][/spoiler]c[spoiler][/spoiler]a[spoiler][/spoiler]l[spoiler][/spoiler]l[spoiler][/spoiler]y[spoiler][/spoiler] [spoiler][/spoiler] d[spoiler][/spoiler]o[spoiler][/spoiler] [spoiler][/spoiler]t[spoiler][/spoiler]h[spoiler][/spoiler]i[spoiler][/spoiler]s[spoiler][/spoiler].[spoiler][/spoiler]

FTFY

Windows is shit, go linux.

>Windows is shit, go linux.
... for a different kind of shit.

>Windows
No reason to stay on the sinking ship. Even macOS is better.

Linux is the better user experience and everything is point and click these days, make the switch.

people actually use windows 10?

My Apple Macbook Pro without Retina Display does indeed have this problem.

>slow bloated monstrosity
friendly reminder that windows 10 contains 7, 8, 8.1 and all of 10's added bloat on top of that (totalling around 2GB extra in UWP garbage alone).

It is the epitome of spaghetti code, a culmination of years of legacy code all lovingly tangled together, a testament to undefined behavior, a masterpiece in the eyes of every pajeet.

It is also, by a large margin, the most bloated version of windows yet.

8+ doesn't contain much of the legacy spaghetti bloat from 7 and before. 7 actually represents the peak of bloat in Windows, both 8 and 10 are noticeably more lightweight.