How far could I overclock an i7 8700k with it's stock intel cooler fan? Would overclocking past 3...

How far could I overclock an i7 8700k with it's stock intel cooler fan? Would overclocking past 3.7ghz even be worth the performance gain in games?

The 8700K doesn't come with a cooler, you dumb sack of shit.

But I have a stock intel cooler you fucking bully ass nigga.

why dont you try? my amd brand processor gets to 3.9 with the stock cooler :^)

copper core or just aluminum?

DELID THIS™

Nigga if you're that broke that you can't afford a 20$ Cooler yoi should not be buying this CPU at all. Poorfags have plenty of reasonable options to buy stuff they can afford.

>buy non-K i5 4690
>heats up to 80-100C under full load with the atrocious Intel cooler
>have to buy an aftermarket cooler and new thermal paste to have it at 60-70C under load
I think you can expect a soly 4.7ghz at about 1 terakelvin degrees, and also get to enjoy experiencing your computer turning into a quark-gluon plasma giving you a fresh look at how the early universe was like.

Fuck. Alright which cooler should I get for this thing that will give me good overclocking results?

amd ryzen 1600x
u missed the sales though, saw one for 180 burgers

Ah yes I love using a Ryzen 1600x as a cooler, if you strap it onto an 8700k you will rarely break 55C even in the hot days.

You just got cucked if you were in Amurica and missed this

JUST

>B350

dont get a cheap cooler 8700k is a toaster

>He fell for the meme

I want the free ship so I could pirate'n'shit

>using AMD
>ever
Yikes

lmao i love you

cant go wrong with a noctua my dude

>implying i7 cant be used for actual cpu intentise APPS, not your childish games

Saw somebody on the internet say noctua d15 but this shit big as fuck. No way this will fit in a mid tower.

but user, there is noctua NH-u14s, or NH-u12s, or even a fucking NH-L12. Noctua is GOTY

this.
check out some of their other shit im sure they have something that can fit your space-cucked mid tower

Alright, thanks.

There is also NH-D15S which is slightly shorter (by 5mm I think) and has better compatibility with GPUs and RAM slots. It only comes with a single fan by default but you can always buy more.
Anyway, their site (noctua.at) has exact measurements so you can check if any of their high-end coolers fit.

NH-U14S has the same height as NH-D15