Why do most programs use a dark theme by default?

why do most programs use a dark theme by default?

discord, steam, spotify.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=VVn-n2ROQXg
myredditnudes.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>most programs
Most programs don't, you listed the exceptions.

>the trap meme

Since most space isnt occupied you want to favor dark colors over bright ones. It's easier on the eyes. It's why many programmers prefer dark color schemes over bright ones.

to save up on electricity.

I'm not a programmer

because most people prefer "dark themes" to prevent further blinding themselves

kys weeb

anime website

add all video editors and DAWs

kys weeb

>the illya meme

Dark themes are easier on the eyes.

this

Because we have collectively forgotten that dark text on a white background is easier to read.

Discord (and obviously Steam) are targetted towards gaymurs so that one gets a pass because it's less distracting when open next to your game.

The opposite is true.

>had whole internet to shitposting
>go to "weebsite"

No.
When in a dark room, having a bright screen is shit.

you're a bunch of homosexuals
it consumes less power. that's it.

Turn down your brightness or stop living in a dark room then. Your monitor should blend into the wall/area behind it.

No.

No.

lolno

Combining dark theme and low brightness is the best option. Using bright theme is absolutely retarded, especially during night.

yes it does faggot

It's true on displays that don't require a backlight to be constantly blaring.

Because bright themes are complete bullshit. Black-On-White is archaic cancer inspired by paper where white is the base color, it makes 0 sense to use it on a screen where black is the base color.

>Have whole of Sup Forums and /d/ to avatarpost
>Go to Sup Forums

I don't live in a dark room, but at night I don't like to turn the lights on because it gets hot.

the backlight is always on whether it's displaying black or white dumbass, there's no difference

>because it gets hot
doesnt have leds kek

In 4~6 years the Illyafag will get out. But Sup Forums still be an anime/tech board.

> using outdated lighting technology
that's not very Sup Forums of you

I'd rather not be very Sup Forums-like since most of people here just spout bullshit about topics they've got no clue about.

Because it looks better on operating systems that aren't shit.

THESE are the kinds of replies that derail threads, not anime itself. All in favor of banning these faggot say "I'm a weeb".

Then the content you're editing happens to be blindingly white, and your eyes have to adjust every time they switch from the content to the interface. GG. And you'll always find something bright ready to blind you, be it content or a different program.

Dark may be good for IDEs (even though I still prefer pitch black text on a mild grey background and appropriate lcd brightness), but they are awful for e.g. image and video editors. I don't get why Adobe is pushing darker and darker interfaces in their products. Maybe they're trying to cater to dumbfucks who don't realize they can and should adjust their display brightness to the ambience.

cute asian bread?

most programs don't desu but the main reason other than aestethics is probably because theyre easier on the eyes

Because dark colors are "modern." I hate it too, it's so depressing and hard to read. I much prefer bright colors, hence why I use Yotsuba B on all boards.

Easy on the eyes, faster code reading due to better contrast ratio.

would be cute if flat

Because bright colors don't look good over white. And using bright colors is nice.

>In 4~6 years the Illyafag will get out.
You don't seem to understand what "You are here forever" means.

Avatarfags don't stay here forever.

she's been here for years already

Why do they make paper white?

Sorry that you're gay.

>she
He still a newfag as most of the users.

i agree with everyone knows flat is better desu

Sup Forums - Theming

I hate white screens. Some of these normie apps and sites are so blindingly white they make my fucking eyes hurt. I'm glad some of them are starting to use dark colors. It's more comfy that way when I have to interact with them

This^ kek

I hate white people. Some of these normies are so blindingly white they make my fucking eyes hurt. I'm glad some of them are starting to tan. It's more comfy that way when I have to interact with them

Because it's easier than making paper black

because its better?

Because it looks fucking nice. I luv it.

is that the girl from goose house?

how many fucking bulbs do you turn on?

easier to bleach wood pulp than spread ink over it to then need to develop white ink to use with the paper

>he's never heard of OLED

0 people have OLED desktop monitors

>desktops are the only place people use programs

dumb phone poster

kek

is that a boy

pretty sure it's this girl: youtube.com/watch?v=VVn-n2ROQXg

LED bulbs are many times more efficient and in the long run even cheaper than traditional incadescent bulbs both in principle and operating cost. You should consider them as a serious replacement to your current lighting. Just my $0.02