Memes aside, what can Sup Forums tell me about Turkic peoples?

memes aside, what can Sup Forums tell me about Turkic peoples?
What do you think of them?
Also, what was the reason behind them switching to Islam, when they tolerated, sometimes adopted many different religions over the years?
Moreover, why did they racemix so much, while (usually) maintaining their language(s)?
Do you think Hungarians, Finns and Mongols (again, memes aside), are close to Turkics? If yes, how close?
Last but not least, will they ever return to the steppes once again?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=53_FsGxvkSo
youtube.com/watch?v=i23C3Ho6Oo0
youtube.com/watch?v=VdfcGERwwpc
youtube.com/watch?v=ZLM3ii4nVMU
youtube.com/watch?v=6u_3WMPQzdM
youtube.com/watch?v=p_5yt5IX38I
youtube.com/watch?v=tsVzm-rgS-w
youtube.com/watch?v=37LJrjQRw3Q
youtube.com/watch?v=RKSSay0kiAk
youtube.com/watch?v=XXJysw7-YVo
youtube.com/watch?v=2PsHMtj64m4
youtube.com/watch?v=AbthqSzfmIQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>memes aside, what can Sup Forums tell me about Turkic peoples?
Can be intersting people, but Turkey turks are universally shitheads
>What do you think of them?
I think of them a lot better than I do other East asians.
>Also, what was the reason behind them switching to Islam, when they tolerated, sometimes adopted many different religions over the years?
agressive islamic proselytizing
>Moreover, why did they racemix so much, while (usually) maintaining their language(s)?
their languages were usually easien and the racemix kids were often rejected y others but the turks
>Do you think Hungarians, Finns and Mongols (again, memes aside), are close to Turkics? If yes, how close?
about as close as an Englishman is to an Indian (extremely distant relation but same ethnolinguistic supergroup)
>Last but not least, will they ever return to the steppes once again?
A lot of them are still on the steppes, WTF are you talking about?

daily reminder: t*rks are not Turkic

they're cool. i study uyghur and plan on vising xinjiang someday

>i study uyghur and plan on vising xinjiang someday
That's interesting. Do the Uyghurs feel Turkic pride/are they nationalists?
How do they feel about China, Tibet and Mongolia?
Also, how did they form? I think I read that they were a coalition of tribes, is that correct?

Must be difficult to try and find people to talk Uyghur to in the US.

youtube.com/watch?v=53_FsGxvkSo
youtube.com/watch?v=i23C3Ho6Oo0
youtube.com/watch?v=VdfcGERwwpc

If you're the same person who posted this song in an older thread, I'm deeply thankful, it's really nice.
youtube.com/watch?v=ZLM3ii4nVMU

Also, turkic music is very welcome as well ITT

depends. if he finds a group of immigrants from the Xinjiang region, there are always more nearby.

A lot of Turkish nationalists insist that the original Turks were similar to Anatolians because the original Turkics looking Central Asian would make Turks cucks of the highest caliber.

they should be genocided for the humanity

It is. I live in NYC and it's still nearly impossible to find someone in person. All of the "Uyghur restaurants" here are run by Uzbeks. I find a lot of Uyghurs online, though.

>Contemporary scholars consider modern Uyghurs to be the descendants of a number of people, including the ancient Uyghurs of Mongolia who arrived at the Tarim Basin after the fall of the Uyghur Khaganate, Iranic Saka tribes, and other Indo-European peoples who inhabited the Tarim Basin before the arrival of the Turkic Uyghurs.

Some Uyghurs are all right with the Chinese government, some want peaceful independence, and a small percentage want independence even if it means violent rebellion.

This is obviously correct but for example I am trying to learn how to speak Korean, there are quite some Koreans here (though very centered in the most urban areas). But trying to find someone to speak of from a Chinese minority group must be a true challenge.

Anatolian turks are like every other sandnigger. I've never met any other Turks.
>Also, what was the reason behind them switching to Islam, when they tolerated, sometimes adopted many different religions over the years?
The Oghuz Turks had close contact with the muslim world, a leader decided to convert and later invaded Ghaznavid Khurasan, followed by a massive migration into muslim territory.
After that the people was gradually converted.
>Moreover, why did they racemix so much, while (usually) maintaining their language(s)?
Invaders usually racemix with the locals, it's nothing unusual or unique to the Turks.
What was unusual about their invasion was that it was done in conjunction with a massive migration Völkerwanderung style, the largely uneducated people remained Turkish while the government and the educated elite adopted Persian.
>Do you think Hungarians, Finns and Mongols (again, memes aside), are close to Turkics? If yes, how close?
Mongols sure, there is very little difference between steppe Turks and Mongols linguistically or culturally.
Hungarians have a few Turkish loanwords, apart from that I don't think Ottoman rule had much of an impact.
Finns have little to no connection.
Why would they? Anatolian Turks haven't lived in the stepps for almost a thousand years.

oh, no doubt, but if he is on the west coast he is in luck. they get just about everything from Asia out there.

youtube.com/watch?v=6u_3WMPQzdM
post music

I guess NYC has a large amount of people dispersed while being quite dense in size. still I can recognize a Korean quite more easily (way they dress among other) than that I can recognize a Chinese scheduled minority. You don't really bump into them I guess.

>Finns have little to no connection
Per-Göran trying to divide us from our Turanian brothers once more

youtube.com/watch?v=p_5yt5IX38I
youtube.com/watch?v=tsVzm-rgS-w
youtube.com/watch?v=37LJrjQRw3Q

youtube.com/watch?v=RKSSay0kiAk
youtube.com/watch?v=XXJysw7-YVo
youtube.com/watch?v=2PsHMtj64m4

>what was the reason behind them switching to Islam
During the times of Umayyad Caliphate arabs would force the people to convert to isl*m and slaughter the villagers that didn't. Thats how it started.
All of them originate from common ancestors that lived in Siberia. But the time finns seperated is so much in the past that it is not something worth mentioning I think.
youtube.com/watch?v=AbthqSzfmIQ

Look in the mirror t*rkroach

How are Turanians and """Altaics""" going to reclaim their homeland from the Chinese and Islam? How can they defeat their chink and muslim enemies?

I'm interested in them in that I'm interested in the history of Central Asia.
It started with Islamic slave raids and forced conversions followed by some missionary work. Turk tribes tended to be really bound up in charismatic leaders to the point that entire ethnic groups are named for them, so, once the leader converted, everyone effectively did. When Turks learned that Islam gave them free reign to rape and pillage non-Muslims, it was on.
The Turks only really managed to do this with Turkey, and that remained in the minority for a large portion of its history. Even in Central Asia, Persian was the dominant literary lanuage until recently with a rise in nationalism and the influence of the Soviet Union.
Do you think Hungarians, Finns and Mongols (again, memes aside), are close to Turkics? If yes, how close?
Not particularly

Some Turkic people have Mongolian tribes

>memes aside, what can Sup Forums tell me about Turkic peoples?

Don't know i'm not Sup Forums

Turks are far too diverse for me to have a definitive opinion about them, but i like their history until the end of the crusades, after that i greatly dislike them especially the Timurid.

Central asians are fine tho

They converted to the predominant religion like all turkic-mongolic people.

I read a russian user, who explained turanic mind is about cooperation(more likely to create tie by marriage with foreigners) and isn't axed on race unlike european mind.

I don't think so, both turks and finno-ugric practice another religion than their ancient nomadic religion and are more related to their cultural area,

>Last but not least, will they ever return to the steppes once again?
Well, civilization will eventually collapse like the West is collapsing right now, which will enable the tribal mind to awoken among europeans (finno-ugric included) thus yes eventually they will ride across the steppes as nomadic tribes again.

>especially the Timurid.
care to explain why?

which is ironic, since racemixing is part of their culture

Is it Uyghur hard to learn?

>t. 1/43 German

Timur annihilated christianity in Central Asia, and his descendants persecuted the christians in their territories.

That sounds like bullshit desu
Even the most retarded nationalist here wouldn't claim something that idiotic.

It's hard but fun. Chatting with Uyghur qts makes it worth it

Turkic people has always been living in central asia which is a region between more two races like mongoloid and slav, mongoloid and caucasoid etc.
This is why turkic nationalism is not based on race
>Do you think Hungarians, Finns and Mongols (again, memes aside), are close to Turkics?
>If yes, how close?
We are kinda related but they all are so distant to be close
Mongolians>hungarians>finns

/thread