Former amd ryzen fag here

>former amd ryzen fag here
who else here switched from poozen for covfefe lake 8700k? i did this black friday.
>see pic related
newegg delivered my parts today

Other urls found in this thread:

digitimes.com/news/a20170927PD212.html
tomshardware.com/news/amd-ryzen-vega-12nm-lp-2018,35502.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I didnt swap annything i just bought a 8600k first try.

i did, fucking pooshit poozen crap literally slower than my 2500k

this

kys Intlel shills

> Have 5820k
>Didn't buy into Ryzen because no need to.
>tfw you probably won't have to change CPUs for another 5-7 years.

Feels good Sup Forums

Why did you buy a CPU with Sandy Bridge IPC that doesn't even overclock as much in the first place?

8400 here because i hate hot cpus

>threadripper is $800
>8700k is $400
I propose that it is YOU which is the poorfag and you are simply projecting

>pooripper

Being too poor to afford threadripper

>Betraying Ayymd
You're not my HAF XB Evo nigga anymore...

Poo2cpu

Post again when you aren't poor.

Betraying AMD for a jew company. Congrats.

Stallman is a jew you retard.

If I was more rich i'd do the same, OP.

My nigga

I switched literally just this saturday gone.

Got a cinebench score of 1649 atleast
Clocked at 5.0ghz on air and its delidded

>gigabyte motherboard

retard detected

>delidlake

>switches from Ryzen 7 to Coffee lake
>Vega GPU

What is it like being so terrible at impulse control?

REFRESH

>still using an AMD GPU though
Oh my!

>intel is a actual jew company
>intel has the ME thing that happened
>intel wants you to pay $100 more for turning hyperthreading on in the microcode

this just shows that either cpu's haven't improved in single thread enough to make a big difference in games, or some games don't care that much about single thread

>this just shows that either cpu's haven't improved in single thread enough to make a big difference in games, or some games don't care that much about single thread
what would be the best single thread processor out then for single core games?

ryzen 7 1800x is getting around 2000 on passmark single-thread
i7 8700k gets around 2700
the more the better

(((STUTTERING INTENSIFIES)))

I was just going off what I knew offhand. Obviously CPU's within the same family are going to have similar single thread per-clock.

Kill yourself.

We're twins, OP

Whatp amp and dac do you use to drive your dt 900 ?

this thread is pure joao tier

op here, muh nig!

setting up windows right now. also my ducky one tkl RGB cherry browns came today as well. i have fully embraced the RGB's.

fucking trashcans. Zen2 will wipe the floor with everything on the market right now.

Someone explain this meme when Intel has a bigger presence in India and and employs far more Indians/hb1 visas

desu senpai it was because of raja and him promoting pajeets for radeon software and engineering.

but really it should be intel. i live in phoenix area and intel has a big fab pumping out kaby and covfefe processors in chandler az and dear lord the amount of pajeets.

zen2 will release with skylake ipc and increase core count. while intel by then will have tigerlake out that will provide ~10% increase in ipc along with another ~10% increase in clock frequencies with a increase in core counts as well. granted intel's core count on mainstream will most likely be less than amd, but the single threaded performance will offer superior single threaded and worst case, matching amd's multi threaded. making intel simply better because of its stronger single.

amd will be the value king while intel will be the premium, performance king.

>actually thinking intel can shit out IPC, cores and clocks at will

>kaby lake
intel shit out frequency that amd can't even reach
>coffee lake
intel shit out 6 core mainstream with frequencies amd can't even reach. the fucking 8700k at stock speeds pratically matches ryzen 7 1700 and overclocked to 4.8-5ghz matches the 1800x. with 6 fucking cores and 12 threads. how humiliating to amd.

you make a point with ipc though. two - going on three years of zero ipc increase since skylake. but even amd admitted they will be cheering when 10% increase in ipc is made awhile ago in one of their ryzen videos shortly before ryzen's launch. clock rates and cores is a lot easier to shit out than ipc increase from architecture improvements. it took amd like five years to shit out ryzen after faildozer and that was with the help of rekt it wizard jim keller.

>2017
>buying pooriper

>2017 still buying into the muhh clockspeed for gaymz meme

Games are mostly GPU bound should have bought an 1080ti poorfag

>zen2 will release with skylake ipc and increase core count. while intel by then will have tigerlake out that will provide ~10% increase in ipc along
How delusional are you?
Zen already beats covfefe lake IPC wise, it's the x86 arch with the highest number of instructions processed each cycle ever, and it isn't held back by anything in pretty much any workload aside from clock speed
Compilers simply aren't up to such monster, and the GCC compiler is still way unoptimized for arch (even just compiling for Haswell yields better results than compiling for Zen), MSVC isn't far from that either and ICC still cripples anything non-Intel

Don't buy everything as soon as it comes out. It's no wonder you got ripped off.

>Switching to 8700K when the 9700K with 8 cores is coming in 3 months

FUCKING

KEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEK

z470 WHEN?

Ugh...a 5820K is (very slightly) slower than a 1600 in most aspects, except in some games. Source is from a youtube video though so the results might be inaccurate.
>Windows 7 Professional
>frequency
Your point is invalid, because a FX9590 could reach that frequency. The performance is still atrocious, but they did reach 5GHz.
AMD's IPC does not beat Kaby Lake/Coffee Lake. Prove me wrong.
8 core Intel on mainstream platform that soon?

>no upgrade path
Kek it will be obsolete when 9700k 8-core Cannonlake/Icelake comes next year.

Nice, that GPU, but why not the FTW3?
On stock clocks maybe, but who runs his 5820K on 3.3 GHz?

Windows 7, very good.

I'm really jealous about that blue LED RAM. Its the only thing missing in my setup. I bought cheap Crucial 2666 RAM last year because the LED was just announced and then this happened. I could have gotten 64 GB for the same price of 16 GB now.

Now, what exactly did you gain from doing this with a GPU that is slower than a 1080ti on 1440p?

Just curious.

Do I fit in?

>ditched poozen for covfefe lake
Good riddance OP, the real question is why you ever bought Ayymd to begin with.

samefag

upgraded from a [email protected] to a 1600x running stock clocks.
1600x noticeably increased fps and reduced stutter in games and i can run whatever I want in the background including PLEX transcodes

>damage control!

What kind of person poses the shit they bought for a picture like this? I imagine they have to be either very vain or very childish.

Why would you buy something that is almost the exact same performance merely months later?
You've got more dollars then sense.

Ok. So you buy a 300 dollar CPU and then a 400 dollar CPU. Good work. I hope you remembered to buy your freedom first before buying consumer crap

>Ryzen sticker on case

fucking lmao you can tell this faggot is a british teen

Different regions have different pricing. In my region they mark up AMD so badly that 1700 non X is more expensive than a 8700 non K.

These are the few people who pointed out OP's worse purchase decisions. Wew fucking lad OP, don't ever build a PC after this shit. At least Terry Crews crowdsourced his info.

I have that case. I love it and hate it.

I'm not even surprised to see all those gigashite boards. Retard's choice of cpu, retard's choice of mobo.

>sticker
>vega
>coffee lake
why?
>led ram
oh that's why, it's retarded :^(

Planning to swap my Poozen 1600 for an i7-8700. This piece of poo can barely hit 3.7 GHz.

Just when the new intel 8 cores got leaked. Should have waited.
www.wccftech.com/intel-core-i7-9700k-9th-gen-8-cores-16-threads-rumor/

>shilltel doesn't know difference between IPC and clockspeed

>Now, what exactly did you gain from doing this with a GPU that is slower than a 1080ti on 1440p?
A much bigger e-peen.

Good post.

now compare the 1800x with the 8700K in CPU-Z

Oh wait, you got the kiketel for gayming

as oppose to cpu-z benchmarking? lmao

State your problem with Windows 7 fag

> b/c i'm a shill that doesnt actually use this, busy playing vidya gaymes and rocket league all day; so much POWA. Oh yea and Sup Forums

>poo poo shit poo
I bet this line sounded good when you practiced it on the playground yesterday

>trusting wccftech
and anyways, worse case my 8700k becomes the "i5." still faster than the 1800x in single and matches the 1700 in multi at stock. can easily overclock and get 1800x multi performance.

digitimes.com/news/a20170927PD212.html
Well, AMD is going to BTFO Intel next year.

Who the fuck doesn't? It's just a way of expressing the satisfaction of knowing you bought the parts that you want to build for yourself.

link doesnt work

tomshardware.com/news/amd-ryzen-vega-12nm-lp-2018,35502.html

Coffee lake is a dead paper launched platform.

>amd moving ryzen and vega to 12nm next year
>amd is not doing any major architecture improvements
>clock for clock speed the same
that's not amd btfo intel next year. that's amd on life support.
>vega on 12nm
amd can do one of two things
>keep power consumption the same and slightly increase clocks
>increase power consumption to increase vega to max possible clocks
>lower power consumption by keeping the clocks the same
amd will probably do the second like they did with polaris refresh. making vega 64 even more of a house fire to compete with the 1080 ti. while slightly nudging vega 56 into the 1070 ti range to be +5% faster as vega 56 is already back and forth with the 1070 ti and solidly faster than the 1070. even fucking linus tech tips acknowledged vega 56 is better performance - price than the 1070 even after factoring in the increase power consumption. he would recommend it more if it had better availability and sold at msrp. he is shilling the 570 / 580 though as he recently did it for his holiday 2017 1080 recommendations.
>ryzen on 12nm
>keep the clocks the same and lower power consumption
>keep power consumption the same and slightly increase clocks
>increase power consumption and max out ryzens possible clocks on 12nm
>improve ryzens immature memory controller
amd will probably do 1 & 2 on certain models with 4 on all.

>that's not amd btfo intel next year. that's amd on life support.
By this logic intel has been on life support since 6700k(and even that wasnt much faster than 4790k), and will still be with the coming intel cpus. intel is only unlocking cores at this point.

Nothing will change until they can get good yields on 10nm.

did i ever hint at intel not on life support? stop being a mongrel. of course intel is. intel has said it themselves multiple times they are having trouble increase ipc out of pure architecture changes and running into wall after wall with smaller manufacturing processes.

even amd got smacked in the face with that issue with glofo 14nm process that both bottlenecked polaris and ryzen. and clearly vega as well.

at least intel has a better performing core, clock for clock, than amd atm. when amd actually comes out with zens successor in 2019 it be interesting to see how much ipc they can squeeze out of it on glofo 7nm (10nm equivalent to intel). same with intel and tigerlake in 2019 on their 10nm.

10nm will be even slower than 14nm at least for a while, confirmed by Intel.

Obviously not if a certain someone would know the term "instructions per clock"...

i'll buy your ryzen

Ask me how I know you still live with your parents.

My friend, it has come to my attention that you suffer from some kind of mental disability.

Do you even know why certain processors can reach certain clockspeeds at reasonable voltages? I give you a hint: Normally it doesn't depend on the architecture but on the process on which the processor is built. So summit ridge cannot really go higher than 4Ghz on air because the process is not suited for clockspeeds that high. That's because Global Foundries failed at creating their own 14nm process and had to license it from another company. Intel on the other hand has their own factories. They had some problems with 14nm, but ultimately their 14nm process became very good. But then again they are incredibly late on their 10nm process while it looks like global foundries are just on schedule for their 12 and 7nm processes. Coffee Lake and Skylake both should have been released on 10nm, and it looks like even cannon lake will not be released on 10nm as well due to the fact that besides the bad yield the performance of intels 10nm is worse than their current 14nm process. AMDs upcoming pinnacle ridge processors will have 10% higher clocks, ryzen 2 on 7nm will be easily able to archive thr same clocks intels cpu are achieving on 14 or 10nm.

Continuation:

So, now that we know clock speeds won't be very different in a few years, what can change as well? Obviously core count and ipc. Well, intel can add two more cores which they will with the i7 9700k to 8c/16t, but there is next to no headroom for optimization left on the core series processors. They are very good optimized, this might look like a good thing first, but it removes more or less any chances of significant ipc gains. AMDs Ryzen architecture is new, there's still so much potential for ipc gains. Sadly we won't see many of them in pinnacle ridge in 2018. These ipc gains will most likely come with Ryzen 2 in 2019, together with a 7nm process this will be without a doubt better than anything intel can offer. But we are expecting intels new architecture to be released sometime in 2020, which could turn around the tide again.

Yield rate 14nm intel, 10nm appears to be much worse than this

For gaming i5/i7 are better choices. Always.
When amd fags will ever learn ?

>living with parents
>a bad thing
Not every country in the world is a 3rd world shithole like america where parents throw their children out at the age of 17 because they can't afford to pay for them because they're still paying off student loans from the 80s.

You need to grow up, user.

>ryzen 2 on 7nm will be easily able to archive thr same clocks intels cpu are achieving on 14 or 10nm.
nope. i stopped believing wizards of smarts on Sup Forums, tech review sites, and reddit after i noticed all the wizards were wrong about pascal, vega, polaris, ryzen, kaby, and coffee lake.

>smarts on Sup Forums, tech review sites, and reddit
Wow, you sure picked a group of smart people to believe!

I bought a 1950x because it was cheap as fug this black friday.
Gonna be a fun upgrade from my i7 920 although I'm worried about keeping the temps in check at 4ghz since I couldn't find that enermax liqtech or whatever 360mm AIO.

Also I unironically need to buy ram still haven't found a single place with decent prices around here and I wanted to max out the ram so 64 gb at least for my vms and shit

Why the fuck would you overclock at all? It already turbos a few cores to 4.2GHz at stock and all cores at 3.5GHz, do you really fucking gain something by increasing power consumption by DOUBLE, lose some single thread perf and only gain some 500MHz for all core performance?
You'd be better served by getting gritty with proper DRAM timings, that will get you a lot of performance.

Overclocking is pointless

I don't mind increasing the power consumption I got a 1200w PSU and even if it starts eating 500w on the CPU I could give no fucks.
Also I like overclocking, it's a hobby.

Anyways do you think ram prices will get less retarded in the next few months? I could buy only half the ram sticks and save a lot of money with 32gb albeit that's not optimal since I sometimes end up eating a lot of ram on blender and some vms.

I don't mind power consumption all that much either but there's so little gain for a lot of wasted power, not to mention the heat it will output in the case and the stupidly overpowered cooler it requires, just my 2 cents.

No, RAM will probably go up again, fucking chink/korean cartel

americans are traumatized dont bother

>No, RAM will probably go up again, fucking chink/korean cartel

Oh well, guess I need to blow almost 2k in fucking ram then.
the 170 dollarydoos I saved in the CPU won't even scratch the damage to my wallet.