Is Sup Forums participating in Advent of Code 2017? If so, what language will you be using?

Is Sup Forums participating in Advent of Code 2017? If so, what language will you be using?

Other urls found in this thread:

adventofcode.com/2017/leaderboard/private
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

last year I did a mix of python and [spoiler]rust[/spoiler]

It always opens when EU is sleeping, so not heading to compete in fastest solutions. Have been doing to last year with Rust to learn it a little, but it turned out to be usually simple algorithmic issues.
Will go this year as well, it was fun. But really not sure what lang to use. Probably gonna get creative with Awk.

I really want to participate but it starts right when finals do

2015 - 14 stars
2016 - 19 stars

I'd be more inclined to get all 50 stars if the participants weren't so goddamn smug about their solutions.
Plus, there's always a few users who end up in the top 10, this means they've been first to provide the correct answer for all 25 days, finishing in less than 3 minutes in many cases.
And then they post their one-liner javascript abomination that autosolves it. get a fucking life, you queers.

That's a lot better than me considering that I have zero. Don't have the time to be up when the new day opens up.

you get the stars regardless of how long it takes to solve starting from midnight.
Only the first 100 people who solve it get any points at all.
I have 0 points.
And the leaderboard fills up within 8 minutes, so don't even bother trying.
These are people who want it more than you.

1. yes
2. python

Python feels like it is such an obvious choice for this type of application. However, I've been wanting to branch out. I can't decide on a new language for this year.

what do you look for from a language?

LISP

I'd really like to pick up a functional language. Thusfar, all the ones I know are either OO or procedural.

Come join the Sup Forums leaderboard!
This way we can compete against each other and not the global leaderboard full of tryhards.
adventofcode.com/2017/leaderboard/private
43046-941b8011

>adventofcode.com/2017/leaderboard/private
>43046-941b8011

404?

It's a join code, you enter it where it says "enter join code".
I'll make that more clear next time.

Sounds like fun, i'll try with python.
I know it starts Dec 1st, when does it close?

same.
I'm hoping it goes past that so i have time to try my hand at it.

Pretty much never. You can go and do the previous years right now. Just don't expect to get on the official leaderboards unless you complete it within minutes of it opening.

4 minutes, to be precise.
The puzzle with the largest gap between release and the first correct answer was 12 minutes last year.

oh, ok (-_-,)

No, I got too pissed off at the faggots that submit a working solution within three minutes.