Which language is easiest for a native english speaker to learn...

Which language is easiest for a native english speaker to learn? I've been told an English speaker can learn conversational Spanish in as little as 3 months if immersed in it.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=BZprtPat1Vk
sco.wikipedia.org/wiki/Main_Page
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

You can learn any language in 3 months provided you're immersed in it and actively learning it.
/thread

Frech and german for obvious reasons. I guess you could also add dutch

Good goy

Dutch should be super easy, I think. But also super useless for precisely that reason (Dutch people all know English very well, partly because it's so easy for them).

Pete lopelanpokiwebro. Su pa far ün. Le ar regnon pol, web vair o. Prolöd. na pakepri ma or oje noädona e.

Caipot nú.

go with the one you have the most possible exposure too. in the us it's most likely spanish

Zamenhof ne estis Judo, negro.
Li estis unu da tiuj "kosmikareligxia" knabinoj.
Plu, judoj volas havi ilian sekretan lingvon kaj malparoli kun aliajn ulojn, afero ke Zamenhof trovis malbelega.

But yes it's Esperanto OP

I heard that polish is very easy

Zamenhof was Polish you negroe

>His parents were of Polish-Lithuanian Jewish descent that inhabited the central part of the former Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth

is america slowly becoming mexico one of the seven reasons?

gonna take a shot in the dark and say that variations of that sentiment are all 7 of the reasons

Eksistas pli teksto en Esperanto ol en la slovaka :^)
There is more written in Esperanto than there is in Slovakian :^)

As someone who lives in south florida I can say that every year there are more spanish-only speakers while the english-only speakers are slowly dissapearing

French, probably. Lots of cognate words and the grammar doesn't do anything that an English speaker will find counter-intuitive (at a beginner's level, at least).

Saluton amiko.

What language is that?

Zamenhof ja estis judo.

>What language is that?
Qulinúmpla

german is hard though

iirc i have read it's some germanic language but not german - norvegian, dutch or afrikaans etc

Jen mi aspektas, kaj vi pravas.
Sed nur tra etneco ok

Not Japanese
Only western languages (latin and germanic)

Yeah I know a lot of basic spanish already just from middle school and high school classes and living around spics and could survive in any spanish speaking country but that is probably in reality not impressive since it is shit tier Mexican spanish

JUST

youtube.com/watch?v=BZprtPat1Vk

All germanic languages except for German/Icelandic/Faroese are pretty easy for english speakers.

Actually, scratch that, Icelandic & Faroese are on a different level than that of German.

Is that a conlang? Nothing comes up when I search the internet.

I had a spanish teacher in highschool who said french was the hardest language he had learned (english, spanish, french, greek, probably some rudamentary arabic(he was an interpreter for the army, served in both the iraq wars, chill as fuck dudue)), that unlike any other language you needed two extra "pronounciation" classes for french so that you can actually speak it right, since its spoken form is so different from written form

then again he was a spanish teacher, and i think spanish was his first second language

Of the west european languages (excluding Portugal):

Afrikaans (easiest) > Norwegian / Swedish > Spanish / Italian > English > Dutch > German > French (hardest)

Wouldnt have thought Norwegian and Swedish is easier than Spanish but maybe I am biased since I am an American and have been living in a periphery of latin culture my entire life

You're probably already a bit familiar with Spanish. But Norwegian and Swedish have simpeler rules than Spanish. Plus it's closer to English.

>Which language is easiest for a native english speaker to learn?

Dutch, obviously.

>any language in 3 months

No, it's only true when i comes to a language from the same group as the learner's native one. Such languages as Chinese, Japanese, Arabic, Finnish or Russian cannot be studied for 3 months by a native English-speaker.

>French
>harder than German

That's just the beginning, really. As you advance, German gets a difficulty spike while French relatively stays the same.

his mother languages were Yiddish and Russian, Pavel

>Which language is easiest for a native english speaker to learn?
Dutch
Scandinavian
Most Germanic lunguages I guess

I've read somewhere though, that the language closest to English that is still spoken, is Frisian.

>super twice

Do you cross your legs and hold a cup of coffee with both hands?

I studied both for six years in school. And I always found German quite logical. French had lots of confusing small words and expressions.

i'm told that norwegian is the easiest language to learn for english speakers

>easiest for a native english speaker to learn
West Frisian, pretty useful 2bhf4m

Esperanto.

/thread

I think he meant a real language.

It is a real language.

Yeah, just like Klingon.

Spanish is the easiest language I've ever learned. It's easy to pronounce, genders are easy to remember, the spelling is phonetic, the rules are fairly regular, and half the vocabulary is the same as in English.

>muh sarcastic answer XD
Esperanto is a real language whether you like it or not. It is an objective, verifiable fact.

Dutch is your native language, yes?

In regards to more advanced vocabulary, German has way more cognates with Dutch than English, and English has more cognates with French, which makes it easier to absorb the vocabulary since a lot of French words are already in English, as opposed to German.

Though, you're also right about French, those weird rules with grammar, expressions, and pronunciations made me quit French earlier than German.

>muh sarcastic answer XD
So are you implying that the Esperanto is a real language, while Klingon isn't?
They're both contructed languages, and they're both exlusively spoken by hobby linguists.

English is just raped Norwegian

>they're both exlusively spoken by hobby linguists.
This is something I don't understand about Esperanto: why do so many people who know nothing about it feel the need to give their ignorant opinion? Your statement is completely false and comes directly from your ass.

You do realize that Esperanto has native speakers, right?

It is simultaneously a natural AND a constructed language, almost like Hebrew.

(You)

When learning a language advanced vocabulary is usually the least of your worries.

That's why you don't speak it, right?

This, it's simpler and there aren't a billion ways to word the exact same sentence, it takes one or two words in Spanish to say something that would take four in English.

The rules are more consistent, the spelling is more phonetic, the vowels don't have so many different sounds for the same letter, and there are less random, archaic, useless exceptions to rules.

I just don't know how to speak Spanish with a proper accent , I always feel like I'm doing a silly stereotypical accect so I hold back on purpose because I figure that's more respectful than doing a tryhard Tony Montana impersonation.

t. native english speaking white american

I'm not sure which is worse, his face or that Mercator

Not really, you do need both to be able to express yourself in a more complex manner than just simple phrases like, both come hand in hand in achieving fluency after all:

>je mange la pomme
or
>ich esse einen Apfel

do you sound like a CHI?

Your German sentences is exactly the same as in English. While the French sentences is entirely different.

But thank doge you recognize some advanced words.

I am at the point where I understand all of the conjunctions and rules of spanish and just don't have the vocabulary

This is from 5 years of spanish in school

Do you think I could become fluent in a few months?

*sentence

I think French. Look at any random French sentence and i think you would understand at least 3 words.

That's Scots "language".

sco.wikipedia.org/wiki/Main_Page

Hooray.

hmm, random sentence from google

>Français journaux d'information locale sur les questions, la politique, les événements, les fêtes, les gens et les entreprises.

French Journals of local information with (?) the questions, (the?) politics, the entertainment (?), the ????, the ??? businesses?

>fêtes
parties?
>gens
people?

I started reading about it now. I didn't realize Esperanto had any native speakers at all.

Even though estimates are both low, and vague, I must admit that I'm suprised and amazed that Esperanto is actually a thing.

I still feel it's a language mostly learned because of idealist beliefs though. And not because of cultural inheritance or because it has any practical usefullnes.

Also, acording to Wikipedia, it serves most people as a secound language even if they are brought up with it, as they are first and foremost thought the native language of their parents/surroundings.
Not that I'm trying to come of as stubborn here, but I would say it's only semi-native at best, to most of it's "native" speakers.

If you mean fluently as in a high level of understanding yes. You mean competely natural, no.You can go to a C1 level if you devote your life to it for a few months. I devote 3 months and I got pretty far, but that is with previous knowledge.