Attention portugal bros or any of my fellow Sup Forumsellectuals that have been to Portugal

Attention portugal bros or any of my fellow Sup Forumsellectuals that have been to Portugal..

I really need your help so please no bully

I am planning on taking a trip to Porto, Portugal from Sep 3rd to Sep 25th.

I wondering what would be the best way to find a cheaper room / studio apartment to rent would be?

Secondarily and not nearly as important, some places to visit while I'm there and some food to try would be appreciated as well, but yeah..

My main concern is finding a comfyish cheaper place (my budget is around 1 grand for housing)

Thank you for your help guys..!

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/War_of_the_Castilian_Succession
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Toro
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/War_of_the_Spanish_Succession
youtube.com/watch?v=KDQgQTyhFMo
cafebabel.co.uk/society/article/iberia-unite-spain-and-portugal.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Not from Porto, so can't help you a lot. Try as much food as you can - bitoque, feijoada, bacalhau (any kind).

Americans specifically seem to love Francesinha (pic related), and Porto does the best. Some Porto-bros should help with the actual restaurant (there are only like 15 legitimate ones there).

Rooms should be cheap for an American, maybe try AirBNB? 1 grand is a lot, but then, so is a whole month.

DO NOT speak Spanish. Try Portuguese or English. Both should be fine. Most people below 40 will know enough to help you out.

Also, 22 days is along time, so Try visiting Braga and Guimarães and maybe even Coimbra.

The north is particularly dense with history so you should have tons to see.

Thanks for your help man! and yeah I don't know a lick of Portuguese but my gf does so i'm not so worried

I'll look into the things you've recommended and will hope that some Porto bros will lend me their help as well

You should speak spanish, portuguese people love spain so you will be fine

Learn "De Espanha, nem bom vento nem bom casamento", and you may score free beers.

porto>anywhere in spain

Thanks man! I'll keep that in mind!

>De Espanha, nem bom vento nem bom casamento

I've already commited it to memory. More beer more beer!

Been there burgerbro?

It IS pretty magical. Myazaki traced it for a couple movies, I think.

Feels so good being Spanish, trigger Jews, Portuguese, Catalunus, Indios, and Moors.

>Spanish

Sure thing buddy

I'm going to go to Portugal and claim it for Spain.

kek. Bring your friends.

>mexican
No such thing, Nuevo España is an autonomous regional entity of Spain and its people are ethnic Spanish, indian spawn immigrants need to gtfo.

;), Portugal is the best colony, also they are our slaves ;-D

Will do, your children will be Spanish.

>gib indepedence!!!
No.
HAHAHAHAHAA

Is that why you don't have any jobs?

Shut up slave animale

CHI

I am not an indio like you, my brain is fundamentally different.

ZITTO ANIMALE

:^)

Can Portugal defeat Spain in a modern war ?

They are a republic, Spain is a Monarchy, Portugal will be Spain soon.

obviously, otherwise spain would have annexed portugal by now

I honestly don't know. Best proof I have is pic related.

Our army is pretty low at the moment, but last time we used peasants, women and children and won, so...

>"De Espanha, nem bom vento nem bom casamento"
Any background to its origins, please give because it seems odd to me.

LE
>They are a republic,
>Spain is a Monarchy,
A great reason to support Portugal, as well as wrecking Castillian lithperth.

why would we want?Portugal invaded spain 2 times in history,the first time was to prevent isabella of castille from marrying the aragon king.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/War_of_the_Castilian_Succession

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Toro

The other time was durimg the war of the spanish sucession when portugal captured Madrid

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/War_of_the_Spanish_Succession

>Any background to its origins,
It is a popular phrase and means "from Spain, neither good winds nor marriages".

The marriage part is probably linked to the royal marriages, since every time a Portuguese royal married a Spanish one, the probability of a unified crown rose. Marriages with England were better, and made for better kings and princes. Marriages with the English crown produced better results for both. Also, up until 1900 we didn't much like Spain at all, so maybe it's just xenophobia.

The wind part is because we get West and East winds, and West winds bring back ships from the Sea with our fishermen and explorers back to their families, whereas Spanish winds make it more difficult.

I swear, the Spanish diaspora is the worst. They are annoying faggots 100% of the time.

Portuguese Army 16,111 military
Spanish Army Allegiance Felipe VI Size 75,000
Portugal is Spain soon.

youtube.com/watch?v=KDQgQTyhFMo

U-uh g-guys... co-could we g-get back to the th-thread topic p-please. h-heh hee..

>spanish diaspora
In fucking Canadá

Hahahaha Sure

I just got back from Porto you will get bored being just in Porto for 22 days. It's a lovely city but more for a 'living there' perspective rather than a tourism perspective.

Your country is our clay lad, come with dad

That's just 4.6 of them for each of us, though. We've dealt with worse odds before.

Thread is gone as soon as got posted. Enjoy your trip, mate.

They are here, not numerous, and we never get along with them. They are exactly like the American """"""""""""""Spaniard"""""""""""""" posting ITT. Big mouths, but always cowards when it comes down to it.

You're delusional, you will be Spanish.

Yeah, probably.

Make sure to look around other cities, there are tons. Take a ferry in Douro, etc etc.

Try the wine, too.

Sure,keep telling yourself that while catalunya and basque get independence
Seriously,don't they feel embarassed that their probably the only country with so many secession/independence movements?

t.Slave animale

cafebabel.co.uk/society/article/iberia-unite-spain-and-portugal.html
28% of Portuguese and 45% of Spaniards want to unify Spain and Portugal
We will take 1/4th of Portugal, give them Independence.

>Make sure to look around other cities, there are tons. Take a ferry in Douro, etc etc.
this, portugal has a really really good and very cheap train system. multiple trips around the country and to spain per day you can just show up at campinha train station and buy a ticket

>while catalunya and basque get independence
>catalans
>basques
>not spanish
nice meme.

In silenzio slave animale

The Spanish government has hit back, declaring the secessionist step unconstitutional.

No one is leaving Spain alive.

>Spanish study
Every single time. That's anti-catalunha propaganda. You'd think that if that was shared, it'd come up from a Portuguese source once in a while.

>campinha
Hehe, that was a cute mistake. That means "little grave".
It's close enough, though, but it's Campanhã, for correctness's sake so he can research.

Not just that, but 10 years old too. Talk about delusion.

If a Spaniard wants to leave Spain he leaves in a body bag.

>Make sure to look around other cities, there are tons. Take a ferry in Douro, etc etc.
>Try the wine, too.

Will do. Thank you friendo

Thanks my fellow burger. I will

>he fell for the porto meme

Moortugal will soon be annexed, when their economy completely fails they will enter in rejection mode and accept spanish domination.

True, Braga's better.

Well I'll be in Moortugal for 25 days or so so I can travel outside of Porto my man. That's kind of the point of this thread.. to get info about where I can visit and what I can do

Thanks for the shitpost though my aryan friend

This, they will be our 53 spanish community like Catalunya, Basque country, Madrid etcétera

ah, I feel enlightenment now.
GODDAMN POOS IN LOOS!

So's Coimbra. But Porto is also neat, and pretty well centralised in the North so it's easier to jump around to equally good places.

Braga
Coimbra
Chaves
Guimarães
Bragança
Viseu
Aveiro

Are all close by (1 hour by train tops), and should all provide one or two days of enjoyment at the very least. Heck, each of them is good for a week, but that would mean going out at night to enjoy concerts and pub culture and whatnot, and you can't do that in one-day trips.

Divide in 3 parts, Porto, Lisbon and Algarve.
Destroy its national pride and replace it with common iberian culture, let them keep the language tho.

Lisbon and the South as a whole would be worth a whole other month, probably.

Same for the islands. We have tons of shit to see and do, desu.

>keep the language
Fuck no, it's the sole reason England could be united or Germany, needs to be 1 language and one loyalty to Spain.

No yanks in my Madeira.

sorry
>he fell for the muh north meme
enjoy not being able to hold a conversation for those 2 weeks because you'll only find illiterates that can't speak 2 words of english.
go to gerês

They could Learn spanish and portuguese would be like catalan or Basque for example.

Zitto animalule

I'm gonna be with my gf that speaks Portuguese faggot. I don't give a shit about speaking to other people

>catalunya and basque get independence
May it one day become true.

>being generous
>not knowing history
We need to pull a Roman on them and exterminate any semblance of national identity to Portugal.

The essence of Spain is the unbreakable union of the iberian peoples, all of them are encouraged to keep their language and local traditions.

>go to gerês

And okay. I'll check it out! thanks

This means so much, we are going to go back 500 years because some idiots want independence, nice meme.

Far less of a meme than Spain ever annexing Portugal. I'll laugh when it happens, hard.

And that fucked Spain multiple times, all the Iberian kingdoms must be Spanish whether Castillian, Portuguese, Catalunian I don't care but only 1 language.

DONT FALL FOR THE ETA PROPAGANDA.

Oh yeah, Gerês is pretty neat. America has god-tier national parks though, so he probably won't be too impressed with it. It's good to know the topography and look of the place before people were here, and that's pretty rare in Europe.

The North is not as bad as you make it seem, English-wise. Contrary to what Lisbonners believe, there are actually cities up here. The South has little to see besides Lisbon, Algarve (which sucks) and a couple of places in coastal Alentejo. Although Lisbon has a shit-tone of things to see.

Portugal will be Spanish, Catalonia will never be independent, EVER.

You do not clearly know what being spanish mean.
Language does not make nationality, regions have their own language.
Spain is not Castille.

Spain is the kingdom of all the Iberian people, rebellion and anti Spanish sentiment comes from foreign loyalty, it must be crushed.

Go read Jose Antonio please.
The king should be slaughtered, a nationalist republic must take its place.

Kill yourself scum.

>iberian culture = Castillia
Spot the Real Madridista.
>keep the language tho.
Latin went out as a live language at least 1.5 millenia ago, that's the only chance for 1 Iberian polity.

The first is false. Demonstrably so given the numerous precedents of the Portuguese wiping the floor with Manolo's face even when greatly outnumbered. The second is a real possibility, but one I don't particularly care about simply because I don't give a shit about Spain. It will be funny if it does happen, though.

Then change the fucking name. Just name it Notugal.

Make them all Speak Castilian or since Portugal is an autistic motherfucker I'm fine with everyone speaking Portuguese.

I meant does not equal castille, regional lanuages are encouraged and castillian is disencouraged.
Learn Irish and speak it.
I am a supporter of athletic de bilbao.

Thing is, nobody gives a shit what some fat American living in lala land thinks. Why don't you go find some young men from the nearest Portuguese diaspora and tell them about your Iberist fantasies? If you have the balls, I mean.

This

you know that the portuguese-spanish border is pretty much wilderness and no-one lives there, right?
Any offensive would struggle for supplies just to cross the border, and then every single region in spain would be causing havok because the army is too far away to actually stop them, and then spain not only struggles against portugal but also against itself.
and that's how portugal always wins defensive wars against leon/castille/spain.

mate get it in your head, you couldn't conquer us in 900 years, stop it. grow up. im pretty sure you wouldn't want to start a war with us a be the laughing stock of the world

fuck, I aimed for the quads and still failed

Portugal will be Spain.

Here Portugal is Spain.

kek, if your model is the Visigoths then this is worse than I thought. What a cuck.

Wow, police is righ wing in post-fascist country.
Who would have thought?

hilarious

Basque people should be exterminated like portuguese.

>I am planning on taking a trip to Porto, Portugal from Sep 3rd to Sep 25th.
Too long and I'm not even from Porto (from a rural place in the Aveiro district only living in Porto).

Give the city 5 days max, use the rest of the time to see the Douro, Minho, Trás-os-Montes and the Beiras.

The city simply isn't large enough to keep giving you novel stuff for so long.

OPORTO IS SPAIN

>is pretty much wilderness and no-one lives there
Not in Trás-os-montes. Well, now it is, but it used to have some strong and tall angry cunts. Motherfuckers were tough.