BANZAI

>Buyer's template:
pastebin.com/33S1gVkG (embed)
>Where to Buy:
pastebin.com/8Yku80VL (embed)
>FAQs:
pastebin.com/M5w7QtKp (embed)
>Keyset wiki
keypuller.com (web.archive.org/web/20161101152119/http://keypuller.com/)

Last thread

Other urls found in this thread:

mechanicalkeyboards.com/shop/index.php?l=product_detail&p=2589
pccasegear.com/products/39025/ducky-one-pbt-ds-tkl-blue-led-mechanical-keyboard-cherry-brown/
ebgames.com.au/pc-218336-ROCCAT-Suora-Mechanical-Gaming-Keboard-PC
youtube.com/watch?v=kkAluJD03hY
deskthority.net/wiki/Commodore_Amiga
deskthority.net/keyboards-f2/keyboard-identification-t9921.html
indiegogo.com/projects/a-seasonal-inspired-mechanical-keyboard#/
massdrop.com/buy/massdrop-x-mito-gmk-laser-custom-keycap-set?mode=guest_open
mechanicalkeyboards.com/shop/index.php?l=product_detail&p=1513
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

that looks awful

gaijin piggu

my mechanical keyboard broke today so I panic bought a Magicforce 108 with Gateron blues.

Got it used from amazon warehouse for $45, solid deal methinks, $25 off brand new

inb4 assblasted korean fags

>108 keys

i didn't want 108 keys either but the used 108 keys was 20 dollars cheaper

You get what you pay for.

is ducky a good brand

What do y'all think, should this be my first mechanical keyboard?

>Ducky One TKL Side Print PBT Mechanical Keyboard (Blue Cherry MX)

mechanicalkeyboards.com/shop/index.php?l=product_detail&p=2589

Great pick, it even has PBT keycaps.

Thoughts on Razer Ornata Chroma "mecha-membrane" keyboard?

About where would these keys fit on the Cherry MX chart/image from the buyer's template in the sticky?

>y'all

Someone recommend some good neighbor keyboard please. I'm ready to be redpilled on mechanical but I have no idea what I'm doing.

Good mechanical *

what this user just bought but with brown switches instead is a good entry level mechanical keyboard

Thanks.

I game sometimes but type a lot as a developer. Will browns be ideal still? I saw some stuff say they're an in-between for gaming and typing. But I'm down to hear your specific opinion.

Around $200 USD

Australia

Honestly not picky, but not really wanting anything too loud.

Not fussed about layout.

Either 60 or 80%

Backlight proffered

$30 Logitech - never owned a mechanical keyboard before. Will be used to typing and video gams.

Ideally, you'd get a switch tester and see what you like using before making any purchase of a full keyboard. Browns aren't a bad starting point though, they're the compromise switch that's so middle of the road that it appeals to the broadest demographic.

Also, the whole "typing switch" "gaming switch" categorisation is bullshit, almost any switch is fine for any application. The only way gaming affects switch type is if you need to do lots of rapid tapping, clicky switches are not as good and if you'll be holding down keys a lot (like games where you have to hold shift to sprint), lower weighting like browns and reds is good.

left or right for a tada68 with a black abs case?

I want to dive into the 40% meme but don't want to wait light-years for [m]assdrop. Anyone have any experience with KBDFans? Thinking about NIU Mini

Yes.

All down to preference. Got any friends with mechKBs as well? Browns are okay (for me). Blues if you want some clicky-clicks and that noise.

cont

What I also wanted to say was, try to borrow their mechKBs and try to see if you like the switch.

>Kyokujitsuki keyboard
Please tell me they actually sell that one

They're excellent.

pls

Ducky TKL, Varmilo TKL or 68 with silent switches, any 60% DIY, take your pick

Anyone have one of these? Just got mine in today and seems pretty good. The LED brightness adjustment is a bit wonky.

pccasegear.com/products/39025/ducky-one-pbt-ds-tkl-blue-led-mechanical-keyboard-cherry-brown/

I really like my Duck Duck Shine 5 with blue switches and I think it's a good but a bit expensive brand based on that. I can't speak to their other products because I've never tried or seen them.

The only downside to the Duck Duck Shine 5 is that there's only two custom lighting profiles. That's not a huge issue but there's much cheaper keyboards with support for 5 or even ten so they could have done better in that department.

>Brown

I like browns, so do other people - get over it.

Actually, I prefer blue switches for that satisfying clicking sound. But browns are my second choice and I use my brown board whenever I have company. They have that tactile bump for feedback and they are quiet, specially with o-rings. It much, much better than using red's, for example. They don't have any tactile bump so you might as well use a membrane keyboard.

Browns really are a good choice if you need something quiet that's satisfying.

Anyone knows where I can find ALPS keycaps with Cyrillic alphabet on them?

Same thing as topre.

Nothing wrong with browns.

If you want something under $100.

ebgames.com.au/pc-218336-ROCCAT-Suora-Mechanical-Gaming-Keboard-PC

Anyone who knows of a cheap, decent mechanical keyboard with blue Cherry MX-compatible switches that is at least available in full-size ISO, but preferably with a Swedish/Finnish layout too? The only one I can find on AliExpress is pic related, it's only available in a German layout and it's also super ugly. My coworker wants to get a mechanical board since the ones we have at the office are pretty bad, I use ANSI with EurKEY myself.

Well Memed! Here, take a leddit gold.

Forgot to link the only decent review of it.

youtube.com/watch?v=kkAluJD03hY

Don't bother looking for FI/SE layout from abroad, nobody sells such a rare layout. Browse local enthusiast stores and pick whatever you prefer from there.

It doesn't have to be FI/SE, it's alright if it's just ISO. But the problem is that I can't find any cheap ISO boards.

God fucking damn why is KBDfans so slow with shipping?

Keyboards incoming

They're better than pretty much every other Chinese business. Two weeks max when most aliexpress/ebay/taobao sellers are minimum two weeks, maximum infinity.

Considering it's in motherfucking Heathrow when no other package I've ever ordered has gone through there, I'd say it's slow.

Anyone know something as comfy as a C64 but with a modern layout? I like to make shit in general so making it wouldn't be a problem (soldering and cutting shit to shape) i want a retro keyboard in general because I'm a terrible person and you guys will hate be for it, but retro stuff is comfy , what do you guys reccomend? , Would be cool to make something like pic related but with an actual keyboard , if only a 'bare bones' wasn't expensive and id rather not kill a surviving relic just for its shell

New cases for both the Amiga 1200 and the C64 have been made several times. You will have to look around for those yourself, a lot of them were made by crowdfunding and therefore only available for a limited time.

One set were made in several colors. Having a translucent case like this would be pretty cool.

Sounds like the UK's problem, not KBDfans'.

anyone know where to get keyboards similar to the legendary IBM model M ?

>I never do anything involving numbers
Number pad is objectively superior.

I'm not from UK.

what switch

that's japan

The layout seems a bit off but better then the C64, you think i could fit any SA keycap set in that out would that be a lost cause?

They made compatible keycaps too at the time, you might still be able to find some. The original Amiga layout is not used with modern versions of the Amiga operating system, the standard IBM layout is used. A lot of keysets you can get in group-buys have meta keys with either the an A or the Amiga boing ball.

What type of actuating mechanism is involved here?

deskthority.net/wiki/Commodore_Amiga

Eurocuck, UKcuck, same thing

Lol ok yank, gj voting in the orange buffoon

60% OR 80% FUCK, QUICK

>muh eloquent politicians
shit's trending towards cozy here

FUCK IT
BLACK OR 'VINTAGE' BEIGE

40% vintage

Don't be a cuck.
What is it with jewmerica and being so insistent on taking 20% off things. ISN'T YOUR FORESKIN ENOUGH?

>orange buffoon
>the only president in modern history not bought & paid for by the lobbyists

whatever you say, buddy

>Tai Hao
Neither

If you either oppose or support Trump, you're cancer.

Old Dell keyboards.
deskthority.net/keyboards-f2/keyboard-identification-t9921.html

Unicomp is as close as your gonna get

No shit you fucking retard

i want topre 55g in europe reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Soldering gun vs soldering iron?

I'm a cheap ass student and need it to solder matias switches onto Planck.

Have some experience with iron

I don't see why you'd want to use anything but a soldering iron. Soldering gun just looks like a ten times more unwieldy soldering iron.

You realize Trump got paid and supported by jews during his election, right?

thiz

Well Memed! Upvote for you, good sir!

any one using a minidox? I was thinking about building one or maybe an Atreus

t. nigger who doesn't have a 101/102 key either

Dann straight, unlike you wagecuck soy boy cubicle drones, I don't need to input data all day.

>has little boy keyboard
>calls me a soyboy

redpill me on MX Greens

unlike blue which is too low of wieghting green is too high
welcome to cherry based kb switches, nothing is just right

if the only difference between them is the weight I can just take my old keyboard with blues and put in different springs

What's a cheap chink board that doesn't install a keylogger? Plus points for being clicky and/or compact.

tomoko

i bet you play csgo with that many glocks

Hey that looks good. Thanks user.

indiegogo.com/projects/a-seasonal-inspired-mechanical-keyboard#/

Did I do a dumb? I got it for $69. Yes, am macfag.

Can't be worse than that shitty flat keyboard Apple makes.

Yeah. Really annoys me that shit is more expensive, isn't /based mech/, and only comes in white plastic.

>[aesthetic intensifies]

massdrop.com/buy/massdrop-x-mito-gmk-laser-custom-keycap-set?mode=guest_open

mechanicalkeyboards.com/shop/index.php?l=product_detail&p=1513
what do you guys think?

homosex typography

Pretty cool if you are a 16 year old kid at a lan.

that genuinely looks disgusting

Apple Magic Keyboard actually has way, way lower latency as well as key debounce and travel (duh) than any other keyboard on the market.

So it's not shitty, it's just way fucking overpriced.

>flat island keyboard
>not shitty

Do you have time to be on Sup Forums? Mr Weigelstein isn't going to happy if your performance starts dropping.