Let's be honest here

Let's be honest here
OSX is the only OS that has no practical value whatsoever. If it stopped existing all of a sudden one day, no one would care.

>Windows
Professional content creators use windows
Office tasks and desktops are on windows
Gamers use windows
A few Servers run on windows

>Linux
IT, sysadmins use Linux
Supercomputers, embedded chip and Android runs on Linux
Linux and FreeBSD has top quality emulation technology
Majority of Servers run on Linux

>Mac OSX
Tech illiterate hipsters that need a shiny facebook machine need OSX
Unironically faggots use OSX even Apple CEO is a faggot and steve jobs was a smelly hipster who thought taking shower is not necessary (Not kidding)

>hurr durr I'm not poor
Buying organic water to prove otherwise is not only dumb but also laughable

Find me ONE reason that validates OSX's existence
PROTIP: You can't

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=DOeYqmVNaZE
doc.cat-v.org/bell_labs/utah2000/utah2000.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>and steve jobs was a smelly hipster who thought taking shower is not necessary (Not kidding)
he was a sand nigger (unironically)

You can't afford a Mac, sweetie.

I know a lot of good programmers that use OSX
It has bash, man. Plus Macs are sexy

I'm running Debian on all my machines personally, but I don't get the OSX hate. It does the job and the laptops are shiny asf

My laptop costs more than your fruitty loop toddler toy iCuck though, honey.

Step aside you can't beat my desktop replacement.

People actually bought this app that does literally fucking nothing, but hey, you got to prove how rich you are. Isn't that the important thing?

I have more use for FreeDOS than OS X. I have both, among other things, on my box.

If you work with mobile at all you basically need a mac.

I had this on my 3gs when i was like 12 or something kek

>275 reviews
>2 stars
That's pretty funny.

Something like 10 people bought the app before it got pulled, why do you feel the need to lie for (you)'s?

If I want to develop to iOS and mac I have no other choice but to use it.

Also it has great design software(e.g sketch).

>Find me ONE reason that validates OSX's existence
Better UX than Windows, while still having enough software for most tasks.

With OSX computers you know exactly what are you getting.

A portable computer

>Professional content creators use windows
Not exclusively and it isn't necessary for what they do.
>Office tasks and desktops are on windows
Untrue. There is office software on most mainstream OS'.
>Gamers use windows
Who cares what children do?
>A few Servers run on windows
They don't have to.

So what is Windows actually good for?

Just tested this, jesus christ it worked. I mean I don't really fear people doing this to me since anyone who ever touched my mac is technological incompetent, but still. A mayor oversight on Apples part.

>A portable computer
A portable facebook machine, you mean

Nice racism, faggot.

I'm not sure if the spelling mistakes are intentional or incidental.

Windows 10 can do all the things you listed perfectly fine. Also, Mac has some of the most polished tools out there. I believe many famous programmers use Mac. Linux is comfortably for very many and that's really fine. But the platform is really more or less subjective. Windows can even run Linux subsystem now for Windows users who need the Linux terminal.

People always miss the most important piece. Linux is free, entirely free. All the important tools, free. Maxshit is very expensive for what you get. Fruity hipsters that pay top dollar for facebook machines to post about learning swift language are unbearable. Winshit is for gaming kiddies.
Unless your employer provides one of these things, there is almost no need to have it outside of freelance artsy nigger shit.

I have never worked during my entire lifetime the thread.

run it on a vm

>sweetie posting
kys roatie

Homophobia is gay

Nice homophobia, you nigger.

what was wrong with windows 95? At the time it was pretty sweet to go from dos to 95 with a gui and whatnot. Although I think I still had to load most of games through dos so it didn't even matter to me at the time, I dont even think I had internet then

ironically you don't need to be rich at all to afford a mac. hell the majority of students (the poorest citizens that are not bums) have macs, iphones, ipads and whatever other shiny decorative items apple sells.

>It does the job and the laptops are shiny asf
A 10 year old thinkpad also does the job, but I wouldn't necessarily recommend that.
I can agree that the laptops look nice, but that's basically the only good physical aspect of the machines. Their build quality is really poor, a 1-foot drop will bend the aluminum. The keyboards are terrible, hell, i thought it was kind of lame for $2000 when I had my last Macbook that was a 2013 model, but the newer ones are hardly even real buttons with like 0.1mm travel.
They lack a proper pointing pointing device, they have essentially no useful I/O without dongles, they are impossible to carry around and use.
Sure they look like jewelry and are paper thin, but I'd argue my ancient ThinkPad T420 is a much better productivity machine than any macbook. You can carry it around by the extended battery and have a solid grip at the top of a ladder or on the subway or any situation you find yourself in. It has most of the connectivity you need, a serial port and a second ethernet interface are the only things i find myself needing dongles for. Even staying in touch with $CURRENT_YEAR a little bit with a USB 3.0 expresscard controller. Besides that it has an integrated 3G modem, fits a hot-swappable hdd or optical drive depending on what you need. Perfect for nearline storage when you don't wanna waste your boot SSD on large files with little access.

nothing you said is true, how is it to live in the 90's? get with the times grandpa

youtube.com/watch?v=DOeYqmVNaZE

You should say gratis instead of free in that sense for the sake of clarity.

>OSX is the only OS that has no practical value whatsoever
Gotta agree with this. It has a half-assed directory service and easy to use server software, which is one of windows's 2 main selling points. It has some compatibility but literally nothing noteworthy runs on a mac but not on windows.
OS X as a Windows-replacement: Bad
It has a few userspace programs ported from BSD, but the system works nothing like a Linux, BSD, Solaris or other Unix-like system. Now that Windows has WSL the fact that OS X has bash isn't even a good argument anymore, as WSL does a much better job at providing a Unix-like environment, although not perfect.
OS X as a Linux/BSD/Solaris/etc. replacement: Bad

It really just fails at replacing both and ends up sitting in the middle and not being particularly good at anything except fitting into the Apple ecosystem. Which can't really be a selling point, as it doesn't sound too great to say that you've made an ecosystem so unintuitive and restricted you need a special operating system to fully utilize it.

Macs and Apple products in general are fashion accessories more than they are tools like other computers and cell phones.

MACTODDLERS ON SUICIDE WATCH

Even easier method: just press escape. The login screen on Windows 98 was just for show.

just was patched fyi, check ur updates macfams

>mactoddler subhuman thinks anyone here actually uses the gay fruit OS
kek

Only kids play on easy mode.

>So what is Windows actually good for?
It's what Normie's use, so it's easier to explain to your secretary what to do.
Integration with Normie services.
Power shell +Azure integration is good for money throwing enterprises.
VisualStudio. Suck it, it's really a good tool.
Shitload of programs for everything.

I use Arch as a daily driver. But as a wagecuck I need a Windows VM to get some shit done.

There's a tool for every purpose. Just because you don't like it doesn't mean it shouldn't exist.

nwn

>The login screen on Windows 98 was just for show.

There were two different login options for 95/98. You could have login/password for network access only, which could be bypassed by pressing Esc/Cancel (then you got access to Windows but not to secured network shares), or you could have login/password for Windows itself as well. You can see that in he does press Cancel, but it doesn't let him in.

That's cheap. A place to live costs 100k-2m. Think about it.

(Y) I agree

>Just because you don't like it doesn't mean it shouldn't exist.
That's exactly what it means, faggot.

>Oh noes RACISM on Sup Forums!!!

Where the fuck do you think you are you god-damned double nigger?

He probably downloaded it afterwards through cydia or some shit

hai this desu

well, I can't really argue with this
from a social point mac is the containment PC, Apple did great to monetize retards though

eula forbids virtualization, oops

How will mactoddlers EVER recover?

only positive of owning a mac would be that the OS is tailored to the hardware. However, as everyone else has said the lack of good unique software makes this kind of pointless... I do keep an eye on older macbooks on ebay and if I can scoop up one for sub 100 bucks I definitely would just to have and shitpost on Sup Forums with
I did the same thing with the I Am Rich app and some security camera software.. all my friends and I who had jailbroken ipod touches did the same in middle/highschool

hai sugoi old ios was actually really good once jailbroken i assume it's still decent now once it is essentially unchained

Adobe Suite + Autocad are a reason to use Windows

wait does Apple really charge for OS updates?

>OS is tailored to the hardware

Nice meme.

Macos is a fucking joke.

Yes.
T. Former apple employee.

OSX is the only usable os. Windows sucks for the obvious reasons. And linux has many driver issues, also no commertial software. macOS has most of windows benefits without its issues.

>fagOS
>usable

If the worst thing about the os is that is associated with homosexuality, then it is probably the best from what is available.

you mean web and app developers.

>fagOS
>usable

They used to.

OSX is the red pilled PC

It's basically just Linux except it actually works

>It has some compatibility but literally nothing noteworthy runs on a mac but not on windows.
Literally the opposite pajeet.
Nothing noteworthy runs on windows and not on mac. Therefore use Mac and not Winblows

Every friend I know that has a Mac is scared as shit to upgrade their OS. For obvious reasons.

This is how I feel about Linux.

Which linux distro can you get SU with no password? Is there an equivalent to high sierra?

Active directory

Which Linux distro would get an exploit like this patched as fast as MacOS?

Loonix is full of exploits and systemd is a government backdoor. It's just that nobody uses Linux in the first place so you think your shit is secure.

You need a Mac to do graphic design at a professional level.

It didn't actually work even before the patch came out, so have fun with your fake news. Too bad you use a shit system.

>paying more for less

Nice try sweaty.

>fagOS
>works
Pick one.

bullshit

I'll pick both pajeet. You can enjoy Windows restarting itself in the middle of your work.

why? the same software runs on both windows and mac, and a windows pc allows for more customization that designers require

Windows 7/8.1 doesn't have this problem

>nor can you log in with "root" lmao

call me when a widespread problem like wannacry happens to macOS

some exploit thats quickly patched is not gonna make me use winblows or loonix

The entire iOS software ecosystem depends on OSX, it's the only operative system where iOS apps can be developed.

This

Linux would never have such an issue in the first place. You can argue all you like that Linux wouldn't get this patched very quickly, but how long did Apple know about this and just ignore it? Or was this 'suddenly' discovered.

SystemD is not a government back door, such shit is a meme.

Last time I checked God’s EULA forbade men from sucking cocks but that doesn’t seem to stop you.

If Windows stopped existing, MacOS would nicely step-in to replace it completely with 12 months.

The sanity of humanity would be greatly preserved.

Didn't you notice how degeneracy begun with the creation of Windows? This is more than simple correlation, it's causation. Evil Microsoft is the reason we're living in such harsh times. MAGA KILL MICROSOFT

>how long did Apple know about this and just ignore it? Or was this 'suddenly' discovered.

considering the OS is only a few months old, I doubt anyone knew about it very long and it seems to have been patched asap

thistbhfam

Applel is a blight on humanity and needs to be purged for the betterment of mankind.

>google
>come compete and contribute goy, as long as we can take your data we don't care

I've used macs since 2005 and I'll never go back. Linux is for autists, windows is for gaymers.

>t. mactoddler subhuman

They haven't for like 4 years now. Shill. Can't say the same about Micro$hit.

I use mac because Solaris is now dead and OpenIndiana doesn't have ACPI support for thinkpads.

>t. ifag

My 800 dollar Dell gayming laptop smokes your overpriced trash can.

With GEForce NOW cloud gaming on its way muh gear is pointless.

they speak english
so better than MS

For normies (and really all windows users), it would be better to use OS X. Shit just works. You don’t spend time googling why windows 10 decided to fuck up your drivers with an update or other stupid windows shit. It’s not like windows hasn’t had repeated security problems similar to this (now fixed) high Sierra bug
Obviously it’s overpriced mush if you know anything about computers but most people don’t know shit. I would have more holiday free time if my normie relatives would just buy apple.

Windows doesn't have any uses either. For better or worse, only BSDs and GNU/Linux are useful right now. I wish there were more OSes, but sadly, there aren't.
doc.cat-v.org/bell_labs/utah2000/utah2000.html

You forgot about the app developers. Super. Important job making flappy bird knockoffs

Wannacry's SMB exploit was patched on Windows months before wannacry ever surfaced. It's just dumbass IT managers that never pushed the update to there machines is why it spread so bad.
An updated Windows install had nothing to worry about when wannacry showed up.

>dumbass IT managers
You've clearly never worked for a larger corporation where just one hour of downtime costs millions.

If you blindly push the latest updates without following the normal routines for pushing updates internally - of which there are many - and something goes wrong then you're fired.

I'm not saying this is good or bad, I am just saying that there's good and valid reasons why it takes some organizations half a year to roll out a new Windows update.

And then there is the rare case of something far worse: Some special-purpose device that costs a million or more to replace is hooked up to a computer running Windows 98 and the custom software it requires will only run on that. This is probably why wannacry hit hospitals so hard.