/pcbg/ PC Building General

>Assemble a part list
pcpartpicker.com/
>Example gaming builds and _monitor_ suggestions; click on the blue title to see notes
pcpartpicker.com/user/pcbg/saved/
>Learn how to build a PC (You can find a lot more detailed videos on channels like Bitwit)
youtube.com/watch?v=69WFt6_dF8g
>How to install Win7 on Ryzen
pastebin.com/TUZvnmy1

If you want help:
>State the budget & CURRENCY for your build
>List your uses, e.g. Gaming, Video Editing, VM Work
>For monitors, include purpose (e.g., photoediting, gaming) and graphics card pairing (if applicable)

CPUs:
>NO i5 7500/7600K or i7 7700/K. THEY ARE DEFUNCT AND SUPERSEDED BY COFFEE LAKE
>A8 9600 for non-gaming (light tasks) or bare minimum gaming builds WITHOUT a dedicated graphics card
>G4560/G4600 for non-gaming (light tasks) or bare minimum gaming builds WITH a dedicated graphics card
>R3 1200 - Budget builds (best with OC + fast RAM)
>R5 1600 / i5 8400 - Great gaming or multithreaded use CPUs
>R7 / Used Xeon / Threadripper - Heavy Multi-Tasking / VM Work / Mixed use

RAM:
>Current CPUs benefit from high speed RAM; 3000-3200 MHz is ideal
>Before buying RAM for Ryzen, check your Mobo's QVL or look for user reports

Graphics cards:
>Consider Vega 56 for a Freesync monitor
>Crypto-Currency miners have driven GPU prices up (particularly Radeon)
1080p
>GTX 1050Ti and 3GB 1060 are the only reasonably priced cards; 6GB 1060 or 4GB 580 if you want to overpay a little
>GTX 1070 if you're looking for very high (100+) framerates and you have a CPU and monitor to match
1440p
>GTX 1070/Ti and 1080 are standard choices; currently overpriced
>GTX 1080Ti if you're looking for very high (100+) framerates and you have a CPU and monitor to match
2160p (4K)
>GTX 1080Ti

General:
>PLAN YOUR BUILD AROUND YOUR MONITOR IF GAMING
>A 240GB or larger SSD is almost mandatory; consider m.2 form factor

Previous thread →

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.co.uk/Sapphire-11265-01-20G-Radeon-backplate-Graphics/dp/B071Y7CKM2/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1511963933&sr=8-1&keywords=rx 580 sapphire
archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/thread/63500604/#63502156
anandtech.com/show/11278/amd-radeon-rx-580-rx-570-review/16
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Where is the precision boost option in Asus BIOS for Ryzen? I'm on an a320 board but I assume that boost is just like intel turbo boost, and not really overclocking.

How do I get afterburner to show me the full MHz and not just the boost? eg. I want to see 1300Mhz instead of "+60"

Sapphire NITRO+ RX 580 Special edition for 330 eur, good deal? Want radeon for the freesync

Card is 340-490 euro in local stores. But I'm wondering if the card is worth it.

Do you mean XFR?

You can't.

where?
I might buy it.

Worth it for what? Depends on the games you play, resolution and how much FPS you want.

Is the same source selling the regular old black NITRO+ one? If so, do you really need it to be light blue?

My fault. Planning to get a 1440p 144Hz monitor. Probably playing CSGO (hopefully at 144Hz) and GTA V (seems to get over 50 FPS, on high settings, which is fine for me)

Nope, just this one. And I don't really care for lights anyway.

in CSGO i'm sure it'd do 1440p 144fps+ just fine assuming you play all on low (as you should), and GTA V i'm sure will do fine too. But i wouldn't trust it to push games like Battlefield 1 or something 144fps+ at 1440p.

Then it seems fine for me, thanks.

Ah, just wondering. Anyway I was referring to the color of the card. I really like it desu but I got the black one because it matched my aesthetics better

I'll probably stuff it inside a fractal r5 anyway

was sick of browser lagging because of a few extensions

what game should i play after i get my first build?

Whatever is the most demanding to see what settings work the best for you
If you don't know then play a game you reslly like completely maxed

Diablo 2

>Sapphire NITRO+ RX 580 Special edition
This is the best rx580 out of all the manufacturers.
Just saying. But the price is pretty much still inflation price. Maybe wait for xmas. maybe you can get a special.

assasins creed origins muh brudah.

Guys I have couple of questions.
I have Ryzen 1600 and I had t o re-apply thermal paste to stock cooler. I got BIOS running no and CPU is at 49 celsius after 30 minutes. Is that normal?

Also when I bought the CPU it said 3.4/3.6 GHz but my BIOS is showing 3.2

>tfw could only play warframe and dota on low

>now with gtx 1070 i will be able to triple a games

FeelsGoodMan

It boosts to 3.4-3.6ghz, as for your temps. Is that 30 minutes of idling in the bios or what?

nigger post a fucking link to the sale.

Yes, I'm only sitting at BIOS, I restarted couple of times before that too

>Triple A games
>Good

Go into windows and play games or whatever while keeping an eye on your temps.

And heat doesn't accumulate over the course of half an hour, you can easily saturate the stock cooler in seconds.

It was a second hand card but it's still in box. But now I saw that amazon.co.uk sells it for 314 eur without shipping.
amazon.co.uk/Sapphire-11265-01-20G-Radeon-backplate-Graphics/dp/B071Y7CKM2/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1511963933&sr=8-1&keywords=rx 580 sapphire

Probably gonna wait until I can find it somewhere better

>1070
>8600k
Which motherboard do I get? Please help

Are you overclocking?

Did that user who got thermal paste on his shit get it fixed? You don't need to bend back anything just install it.

No

I'll do that. Also I'm looking at BIOS temperature graph and it says 85C is 100%. I'm guessing if it goes above that something is defiantly wrong?

Then why are you getting a K CPU and why do you worry even 1 bit about your motherboard?

>defiantly

But yes, if it gets to 85c on stock you fucked up the re installation of your cooler.

3.2 is the base speed for the chip. It boosts to 3.6GHz.
Anyway, BIOS can be a bit odd and run your system hot.

The PSU was real cheap yesterday here so I fetched on for slightly more than I would a 8400 today

What you're most likely seeing is the CPU fan profile so at 85C the fan will be running at 100%
I think about 100C is the danger zone, but modern PCs will shut themselves down if it gets that far.

I was lyed to on Sup Forums who could have forseen that...
The best way to buy a PC is not build one from new parts. The best way is buying used from enterprises. There are plenty pre-built desktops from top assemblers like HP and Dell and friends, with i7s and SSDs selling for less than half of their original price.
i7 and SSD make it worth it, and if you are a gaymer, just slap a new GPU in it.
There are websites out there selling this shit, no need to scavenger from craiglist.

I've ascended.

CPU*

Get whatever motherboard with enough USBs for your needs and one you like the looks of.

What screens does Sup Forums recommend?

>Buying used PC parts
>Buying used PC parts that have been abused by retards on a corporate environment
>HP and Dell being "top assemblers" when they use bottom bin and the cheapest shit they can find
Wew

thank you, that's not a good deal, but it's better than anything I've been able to get lately since I keep missing the deals.

For europe seems like mindfactory.de and alternate.co.uk seem like good places to check as well

No, GPU.
Most of this PCs come with some i7. And as we know it, intel haven't really been making much better i7s since 3rd gen. Only now with the ryzen did intel satarted to care again.
So, just buy a used business PC for less than half the price, with an i7 and SSD. And if you need, slap a good GPU on it. Or MOAR RAM

Rate my catch lads, paid 350 dollaroos

nice pajeet

I'm making a build looking roughly like this (I'm not done yet) :

Some Ryzen 3 or 5 OR an i3 8100
Some B350 or Z270
8 or 16GB RAM
1050 Ti (that one is for sure)

Would a 430W PSU suffice or should I put 10 more € in to get a 600W one? As far as I know the 1050 Ti is pretty power consumption friendly.

>Brown-ish hands

Hey guys.
Are the partpicker builds up to date?
I want to get the 1080p mid range one.

I swear your fat black thumbs just got bigger.

cheap ass coffee lake motherboards fucking when??

Don't get an i3 in fucking 2017 dude...

r5 1500 + b320 mobo + rx560-580 or 1050ti-1060 BOOM

yes they are "up to date"

>Don't get an i3 in fucking 2017 dude...
You're fucking retarded, Coffee Lake i3 are 4c/4t and only cost 115. For budget builds this is very good value if you manage to get a mobo for a decent price.

>trying to download windows 10 tool
>there was an issue running this program
>no solutions online

I don't know what to do now. I have windows 7 tool I downloaded from some 3rd party website for free long time ago. Can tempered OS somehow damage my PC?

Maybe in the $200-600 range. If you want high performance or more customization then you can't do much else but buy new.

Sorry, you are correct.

Mid 2018 by the time the newest CPU is out
Just buy now goyim, don't you want the best speeds?

Sorry for being rude.

But are the cheapo coffee lake boards out yet?

okay , thanks. just wanted to know.
time to splurge.

>4c in almost 2018
lel

So long as there aren't any rootkits or whatever, the worst that can happen is drive corruption/data loss.
May or may not be worth it to you.

Delete it and try again, it's pretty buggy
Alternatively spoof your browser settings to make it look like Linux and the Microsoft website will let you download the .iso and you can use Rufus to install to a USB

This is the cutest thing I've seen all day

Nope, but sometimes you can find Z370 at around 90 if you're lucky.
It's not for me and you need to realize it's coupled to a 1050 Ti, a card that could already get maxed out by a Pentium G. The person I'm making this PC for only plays MMOs and MMOs are made to work on as many PCs as possible. IIRC WoW still only primarily uses 1 thread (I'm parroting though).

Sometimes it takes me by surprise, too.

get a room fags

A Ryzen 1200 and B350 is a better value than the 8100 and Z370 since there are no cheap boards that support eigth gen processors and the 1200 can perform the same when overclocked.

As for power supplies, either would work but the higher wattage one would run quieter.

I'm up for it if the other guy is

Hey, in an effort to keep this thread good and unbiased, i had to swallow my words and pride. I spoke too fast regarding the i3s.

If you won the lottery, would you max out your PC?

You know
x2 1080 Ti SLI
64 GB DDR4 3200
x3 4k 144hz displays

etc.

Probably not, i find mid range computers comfier.

That's funny because I did win the lottery a couple of weeks ago and attempted to go balls out as you can see here

archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/thread/63500604/#63502156

But kind anons talked sense into me

I'm honestly not too convinced about the R3 1200 considering I'll be buying 2133 or 2400mhz RAM (any more than this is awfully too expensive). I also hate how shit the BIOS is on the Ryzen mobos (I experienced it firsthand earlier this year on a 1600 build I made). Call me stupid but at least Intel works flawless out of the box.

How much did you win user?

No, I wouldn't.
I already think my computer is way overkill. I'd just build a nice computer for my brother and one for my mom, and get a new TV for the living room.

>I just saved you $4k, how about giving me $1k for my service
kek that guy

wtf?

Guys, if I boot from this free version of win 7 and go to install win 10 right away can anything bad happen?

jesus christ

Brainlet here
That's a 2k CPU but it does 2.6 hz?

2.6 GIGA herz

Yeah but the one in OP for example is a 77 dolar one and does 3.6 ghz

What gives

RX 570 or RX 580?

I was all settled on RX 580 8GB until I heard that they're all noisy as shit, and the one that is properly cooled (the ASUS Strix) has a lot of coil whine.

18 cores

Because that 2K CPU has so many cores it's not possible to let them all at a high frequency otherwise thing would just melt. These CPUs are for computing. If you're a normal person and just want to game and do some computing you need to find a middle ground by picking up an i7 or some R5/7 with around 8 to 16 threads.

You must remember most internet reviews are done by brainlets. They probably were playing 10 year old games on medium settings without enabling v-sync and so the GPU whined like a motherfucker. Then they said the GPU sucked, gave it a one star review, and bought a Mac.

anandtech.com/show/11278/amd-radeon-rx-580-rx-570-review/16
480 and 370 were the loudest, rx580 is quite moderate

Just finished my first build. You guys rock. I remember being a brainlet a few years ago picking a laptop because it had an i5 sticker thinking it would run everything

>Would a 430W PSU suffice or should I put 10 more € in to get a 600W one?
Get a good 400-550w PSU.

first time builder whats more hassle free i5 8400 or ryzen 5 1600

If it was a million or more, absolutely.
I'd probably do something with Threadripper and NVMe RAID along with 128GB of RAM.

>the higher wattage one would run quieter
It depends entirely on the models.

They are both CPUs so there isn't much difference
1600 is overclockable and 8400 isn't, so maybe that's your answer.
Yes, that is true.

I realized you can get up to 256GB, but the downside is that it's only 2133MHz. Not worth it desu.

>ram prices keeps on increasing every god damn fucking day
Jesus christ, when will this end? I even see the price increase little by little while there's an ongoing sale