Are you gonna participate in Advent of Code 2017?

It's like an advent calendar that spawns a new programming challenge every day at 12am EST till Christmas.
You don't need to upload code, it gives you an input file and you enter the correct output on the website to mark it as solved.
This means you can use any language, and lots of people use this as an opportunity to learn esoteric languages as a challenge.

There's a global leaderboard, the top 100 fills up within 12 minutes with some people finishing challenges in as fast as 4 minutes.
If you can't manage that, I made a private leaderboard (join code: 43046-941b8011), you can compete against Sup Forums and not against tryhards from reddit.

i cant even do more than the first 5 euler challenges
i wish i was smart

No. I have nothing to prove.

How? Litterally 90% of the first 50 are brute force-able. It’s easy as fuck

Is that a boy (female) or girl (male)?

The second part of each puzzle asks for output in such a way to prevent retards from bruteforcing the answer.

the right one

girl (male)

Probably no because it will be generalized overused problems.

I wanted to participate last year, but I'm too stupid to do some of the problems, and there's very scant few cheat sheets available after days are done. I remember some Rust shills had Youtube videos updated on the daily, but that was about it.

Reading in file input line by line is such a chore, I easily spend more time dealing with this than actually solving the puzzle.

If you want any chance at the leaderboards, write some boilerplate for reading in data.
Or just use python and itertools, that's what all the redditors do.

People actually watch screencasts of other people typing?
What the hell for?

>there are people ITT
>RIGHT NOW
>who haven't completed the top 25 hardest Project Euler problems

Not surprising, Sup Forums is composed of Sup Forums crossboarders

I did the Advent of Code 2016 a few months ago. It was okay not super exciting problems tbqh

bump

>did a hundred
>lose interest because I'm not mathy enough and got tired of having to research random math topics like diophanhine equations, euler totients, probability theory, etc. just to solve one problem
eh. it's fun but man it's time consuming and I feel like half of the time you could find the answer to any problem in pseudo code on wikipedia, or in the OEIS f you just knew what to look for.

I will not get highscores because I'm not awake at midnight EST. My only shot would be an incredibly challenging puzzle on one of the last days.

>Reading in file input line by line is such a chore

Pajeet please

with open('file.txt', 'r') as f:
for line in f:

yes goy, do isolation challenges and dont spend time with your loved ones or socialize in any way that might get you a girlfriend.

These "challenges" should take you less than half an hour unless you're a brainlet

I hope you're not implying you're a brainlet user that spends all day doing them!

I know you're joking but I'm sure there's actual Sup Forums retards who have gone insane thinking all forms of entertainment are a jewish mind control scheme.

Sup Forums is full of retards, bt nobody there is that retarded and being completely unironic.

>pol leaks onto all other boards
i [spoiler]love[\spoiler] this

nah m8, thats Sup Forums. the pleb beta shit you see is just facebook and reddit leaking onto Sup Forums.

>I know you're joking
do you think this is a fucking game?
time is running out for these people. they need to get their shit together or risk dying alone.

yes goy, procreate and produce more children to replenish the workforce

YOURE GOING AGGAINST THE NARRATIVE
NO GOY DONT BREED THE WORLD IS OVER POPULATED!

OY VEY GOYIM LOOK, YOUR POPULATION IS GOING DOWN YOU NEED MIGRANTS TO SURVIVE!!