Its been 10 years now

Its been 10 years now
Why are android phones still so slow?

Against facts there are no arguments.

Pic related is OP.
What's next bitcoin mining benchmarks?
Does the iphone support me just plugging it to a pc and copying music and videos without that itunes shit that makes it a pain in the ass? Can i use third party sources? Can i crack the bootloader and install a custom rom /different OS? Can i use only free software on it? Can it last more than a day? Does it support my analog earplugs?
You obviously have different priorities than me. I am the kind of person that bought a phone because the job asked for it and regrets getting the damn thing because it tries to get my damn attention. You are the kind of guy who thinks technology is a fashion statement.

Video editing on a phone is just pure autism and if I did it for a living I'd probably just get a 1950X. No one's really argued against the fact that the iPhone X has a far more powerful CPU than the competition but the question is WHY do you need such a powerful CPU? 99% of people use their phone for web browsing and social media apps and that works just as well on a $100 chinkphone.

Do you care about speed or functionality and feedom?

Aplel bait

Answer these OP you faggot

because ios is optimized to use every bit of power from specific gpu and cpu
while android have very wide range of hardware and shitty optimization

That’s not fair at all. They are using the same app but it’s not the same app. With the iPhone they only have to target one or two processor styles so they can take advantage of it. Mean while, on Android, software won’t be optimized because android has a huge eco system with different hardware so the app for Android will be software for all so it will be shitty in performance.

not only that though.
the A11 is actually miles ahead of any snapdragon because qualcomm is sitting on their asses just like intel did for the last 5 years

why the fuck would I render video on a phone

Not to mention one is written in Java, the other in C

Apple put faster hardware decode on A11

They're not, oneplus 3T costs half as much as an iPhone 7 Plus and performs faster.

This test just shows SW vs HW video encoding. Which certainly is impressive on the iPhone but only for benchmarks. I have an iPhone 8 Plus and Note 8. Yet I don't do video editing on either. Instead I just boot up my custom ryzen mini-itx build and do my stuff there with professional-grade color grading and video editing.

And only reason I have an iPhone at all is because my job gave it to me to use as a work phone.

mad af

what?

Video editing on a phone? Wha? Excuse me, but I have to continue to get my riding mower ready for Le Mans.

iPhoneX is doing hardware acceleration for video encoding.
If you transcoded into a different format that wasn't accelerated the difference wouldn't be so large.

Gotta admit, that looks like a huge fucking yard. I don't blame the guy, pedro would probably charge like $200 for that shit.

pajets btfo

qualcomm just uses stock arm cores for the most part

just mute it,
like I do.

it only gives me its "info" when I ask for it.

>Video editing on a phone is just pure autism

Not when you attach a screen, mouse and keyboard.

Ehm...you can do that with an iPhone X....right???

>implying google botnet is freedom

>video editing
>on a phone
i'm glad we have these relevant everyday use case scenarios investigated thoroughly.

It's not too big, the large yard needs the environmentally friendly rig.

I love how this doesn't mention it uses dalvik-era java JVM.

JAVATARDS BTFO!

;^)

>video editing
>on a fucking phone
What? I knew benchmarks were retarded, but this is going too far.

It's not even a fair benchmark. No one mentions how the iPhone is hardware encoding that 4K video file that will end up looking like diarrhea or have 8X the bitrate.

A better question would be "why throw in all that horsepower and wall it in"