May some of you please explain why does windows set wallpapers like shit and is there any solution to this mess...

May some of you please explain why does windows set wallpapers like shit and is there any solution to this mess? Look how "blurry" is the set wallpaper compared to an image viewer.

The solution is to use a wallpaper that matches your desktop resolution, idiot.

Idk, but it only happens when you use the "set as wallpaper" option on Winblows image viewer. Right click to file and use that option.

IT IS YOU DUMB FUCK

guys please this is serious

Sup Forums is NOT your personal tech support

I've read somewhere Windows likes specific settings. More than just matching the same resolution, I think the file format also matters. Look it up.

Go ask Nobody else gives a fuck

I have 1000 wallpapers on randomised rotation and never noticed an issue

>is there any solution to this mess?

Install Linux.

Yeah, you should always use png.

You should try resizing the image in Photoshop to be exactly the dimension of your desktop res. Then use Windows to set the wallpaper.
If windows is resizing it it's probably using paint or something just as shit.

Good job posting best girl.
Sam > Alex > Jerry > literal shit > Clover

By default windows copies and compresses the image.
You can change this setting in the registry:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Control Panel/Desktop

there create a new DWORD value
JPEGImportQuality

set it to 0x100
Changes will get active upon relog/restart of explorer

There is some registry key that controls this. By default its set to some shitty value.

Ignore all other replies, download Faststone image viewer and set the wallpaper through that, it's the only way I've found to work

I believe this is fixed in Windows 10? not sure, but it used to convert your background to JPEG and place it somewhere else.

Very interesting

When did this happen? Under XP it would make a BMP.

dont do this mcafee antivirus says its a TROJAN

I don't see a difference, looks like a decent quality upscale to me

>jerry over clover
you're a monster

>0x100
No, 100 decimal.

>format also matters
doesn't really matter, windows compress the shit out of image anyway

>Windows 7 imports all images at 85% quality. PNGs is not natively supported.
>Windows 8 imports JPEGs at 85% quality. PNG is natively supported and is imported at full fidelity.
>Windows 10 imports JPEGs at 85% quality unless you use this override. PNG is natively supported and is imported at full quality. The override registry value is literally handled as an integer and is capped at 0n100 / 0x64. If you set it to anything higher, it'll simply be set to 100%.

> McAffee killing your entire machine because it needs to connect to an online database to check if file is virus, hence stopping your entire system, if it can't connect
I even trust Sup Forums more than McAffee

>"Anti"-Virus

Thanks user, this is very useful information.

There's a pretty cool tool that has a feature to increase the quality of wallpapers up to 100% (windows default is 80%). It's called WinAero Tweaker. It has a whole other bunch of tweaks for Windows, pretty much essential if you care about little details and customization.

Rest of the wallpaper?

lol wtf. what possible reason is there for this.