Surge protector

does using a surge protector slow down power?

For example if i charged 2 phones both plugged into a surge protector vs charging 2 phone plugged into a wall outlet in different rooms....will the phone charge in the same time ? or will using the surge protector slow down the charging

Other urls found in this thread:

uu.edu/dept/physics/scienceguys/2001Nov.cfm
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Yes, the mains frequency can drop by as much as 5c/s. This usually isn't a big problem but if your phone is frequency sensitive (like most Android phones) you might have trouble with color control.

>slow down power
>slow down power

>slow down power

This almost makes me believe the librul claim that people need more education.

>slow down power

How can I check if my power is going too fast?

Plug in a radar gun

>tfw no slow down power gf

You forgot about how much THD a surge protector causes. This can easily advance bit rot by at least 15% depending on the number of things plugged into the surge protector. OP should look into getting digital power with gold contacts if he wants to save his gear.

>his mains frequency is only 60hz

It depends upon the surge protector and the internal wiring in home/building with the outlets.

Most cheap surge protectors wire some or all of their outlets in serial, so if you plug both chargers into two outlets that are on the same circuit, the amps going into the 2 chargers will be halved, which could affect the time it takes to recharge your phones. You could look for Hospital grade surge protectors. To be "Hospital grade" a surge protector has to have all outlets wired in parallel on separate circuits, so if any equipment plugged into it shorts out, it won't take out every other piece of equipment plugged into that surge protector. Of course, Hospital grade surge protectors are usually a lot more expensive.

For the wall outlets, it depends upon if the outlets are connected to the same electrical circuit. Usually your fuse box will tell you all the different circuits. There will be a fuse for each circuit.

Electrons move slower at different temps.

>Current year
>Gold contacts
>Not using iridium infused platinum contacts
>Enjoy your DTH degradation pleb

putting my computer in one of these slows it down a lot, i can't run minecraft above 60 fps

whats wrong with that? perfect frequency for mind control.

I'm going to pretend OP isn't being a retarded troll...

Power (electromotive force) doesn't get "slowed down" across the same medium - a wire. The power companies regulate the output across their regional grid to keep up with demand. Your electronic devices have tolerances on the ranges they can operate at too. When both of these things are working together well, and assuming your own electrical wiring can handle the load, you will see no differences in how your devices behave.

Technically you SPEED UP power, because connecting devices in parallel reduces the resistance. Low power devices simply have high resistance.

Try it yourself OP. Plug an incandescent lamp into your surge protector then plug another one in. Does the first get dimmer? There's your answer.

Don't they teach you electronics in burgerland?
1. the outlets are in parallel.
Several loads in parallel means the voltage is the same for all the outlets, and if you plug two equal loads in, you double the current, not half it for both.
The current that runs in the outlets are determined by the load.
If you have a very large load, you have a very high current.
An example of a very large load would be to put a wire in as a load.
Given I = V/R and R is approximately 0, you have a theoretical infinite current meaning your fuse will blow.
If you have no load, there is no current as If R is approximately infinite, you have a current of 0.

The surge protectors are a protection mechanism.
It bears little to no effect on the system.
A home usually have a couple of fuses for lighting and some for the high power requirements like kitchen appliances and washing machines etc.
If you blow a fuse in your home, nobody but you will give a fuck.
In an office or in a hospital, it will hurt a lot of people, so you put in more fuses so it only hurts a small portion of sockets.
Usually you use special sockets for medical equipment and for user appliances. This is so they can let patients charge their phones without fearing that will make medical equipment turn off.
Hospitals does not use extension cords. And if they do, they do so sparingly.
They know how much equipment they need to plug in and if they don't have enough, they get more.
Having a fuse for each outlet in an extension cord does not make sense in most situations.

depends on the coil length, desu

>he doesn't calibrate his sockets
baka

It didn't get dimmer but it did get dinner

Just get a regular power strip you faggot, I swear this 'hurr get a surge protector or your electronics will be fried' meme is pushed by paid shills

I got a question, why dont power boards have a true ground rather than a floating ground? Like make it bigger and fit some dirt in there so the earth is true.

user, I.... I think it might be a woman.

just reverse the flux capacitor to invert the galvanic charge to counteract the recuperating surge

But electricity is caused by the electric field which goes as fast as electromagnetic waves, not by the electron movement itself.

>Most cheap surge protectors wire some or all of their outlets in serial
Please tell me you're just acting retarded.

>fit some dirt in there so the earth is true

Oh, is that why my lamp starts off bright when I turn it on but after a minute or so it gets dimmer? If not, why does my lamp do that? It's been bugging me for years.

Just out of curiosity is this to do with parallel circuits where the voltage is the same but current goes down?

Pocket sand

if your power is too slow, try downloading more.

The gommielibtards pushed common core in schools, so unfortunately no, they didn't.

If by power you mean the flow of electrons, just measure the amperage

stop

Guys how can I speed up my power?

I feed my power socket red bull daily to boost it's power speeds.

>But electricity is caused by the electric field which goes as fast as electromagnetic waves
I could have sworn it was the flow of electrons.

Not sure if bait.

who the fuck calls it a surge protector i call it an isile bar

It's a fucking extension you retards

uu.edu/dept/physics/scienceguys/2001Nov.cfm