In 2009 i was given a lenovo S10E by my school that was locked down and only to be used for school stuff...

In 2009 i was given a lenovo S10E by my school that was locked down and only to be used for school stuff. it had RFID and bios passwords that were supposed to be removed once a student finished high school.

Around the time i graduated i never got to hand in the laptop to be unlocked so its just been sitting around for the past 6 years collecting dust.

I even contacted the school and asked what could be done and they said the laptop program had ended and they no longer have anything to do with it.

I have looked online and there are only ways to unlock the later and better x130 that the people after my year got.

Anyone have some ideas?

davidzou.com/blog/der-laptop-bios-unlock

Other urls found in this thread:

cgsecurity.org/wiki/CmosPwd
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Give it back Trishilqui'la

I tried, school basically said they dont want it

There is a battery attached to the motherboard which permits the BIOS to retain its settings. Remove and reinsert that battery, and the BIOS will reset to default settings.

The password will either be empty, or it will be something like "admin"

interested. post more pics of what you have and an email from the school or district that gave you the device. then we may provide assistance.....

Dont have any emails from the school.

it may be the same, but on thinkpads the only way to "fix" a unknown supervisor password is to get a new motherboard without a supervisor password

The motherboards sell for more than the laptop is worth. kek

Perhaps try reflashing the BIOS if removing the battery didn't work?

Try to do some digging on which IT firm was contracted for the laptop program and ask them.

>find eeprom
>flash a new one from the russian neutral intrweb
>done

replace iphone with lenovo s10e

cgsecurity.org/wiki/CmosPwd

dogber1.blogspot.com/2009/05/table-of-reverse-engineered-bios.html helped me for another PC but same situation

There was a script you could use a while back to wipe the password off it. Did it to mine. Cant remember what it is but it has something to do with pheonix BIOS and a dog.

All of these retarded responses after the correct one. I don't even anymore Sup Forums.

>oi close the latch, m8
>oi don't bin that laptop, m8
>oi we'll track u m8, give it back
>oi, it's void m8

such is life in Britain

That's Australia, M80

>be ignorant yank
>wanna make fun of other cultures to feel better about my own
>see wales
>that's din gon britain du huh *hick*
>british people say mate du huh

How the fuck can you fuck up in so many ways, even if it was Wales they don't say mate there. Such is life in yankland.

I had a black S10 back in 2010.
It made a perfect hackintosh.

>macos using less than half a gig of memory
>ever
fake

Yes, because removing CMOS battery will help...

I have a similar nebook, any resources?

It will.

I've got computers with less than half a gig of memory that run OS X.

Ironically, life is much, much worse in Australia. From a police-state standpoint that is; the weather is lovely.

This image again.

There's a solution, it's called phishing.

You just need the email account of the locked iPhone and a fake apple lookalike domain and webpage. Ask for the user password to "Find your phone", get the password and unlock it.

Please elaborate.

>not knowing there is a BIOS battery

the definitive state of Sup Forums in Terry A. Davis' year 2000 and 17

removing bios battery does nothing for these school laptops, they have computrace and a bios backup in eeprom.

Retard.

post pics, maybe we can find the eeprom and reflash it. do you have a soldering iron?

You won't' be able to run any newer Mac OS / macOS version.
Pretty much useless now.

The driver support was 10/10 and the speed was pretty good, well enough for IC, browsing and listening to music or watching videos.

>It will.
Lenovo is well known for using dedicated chips for passwords and locks that are non volatile.

isnt it a bit hot

"we" kill yourself faggot

I have a S10 and I use it when I'm need to take a smaller computer with me. Have it loaded with a linux os and it works great. Play some brutal doom on it from time to time.

>new south wales
>thinks it has something to do with wales

do people actually not say mate in whales? i have never met a welsh lad desu most people in england say mate

thats a cute little laptop... what are the specs?

1.6-GHz Intel Atom N270

RAM 1GB

80GB HDD

Yes. I'm fuckin melting rn

Get this written on paper and signed by someone. Otherwise they might come back one day saying you stole it.