Should we stop buying from Amazon?

"[...] I'm in the states (or colonies if you will) and I had the unfortunate pleasure of working for a new fulfillment center at launch for about a year. All of this and more is entirely true.
Sitting even when nothing is going on is vocally discouraged, almost violently so. An example being a manager (you get several managers of varying authorities) marching over to me and asking me if I was injured, I wasn't of course. He then told me "there's no reason for you to be sitting then, this is a safety hazard, you need to stand up and return to work".
Pregnant women were hounded and hassled for being slow to break and slow to return from break, not to mention the times they have to pee."

mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/timed-toilet-breaks-impossible-targets-11587888

Other urls found in this thread:

stallman.org/articles/children.html
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_and_territories_by_population_density
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_ecological_footprint
data.footprintnetwork.org/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mouse
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

as someone who works at a major shipping place, i can tell you that they worked me to the point where last week i had a partial stroke from lifting heavy ass boxes all day

any place that ships boxes is literally pure evil and all the negative press is true times a factor of 10

when our 'entire plant supervisor' gets asked about deaths in the facility they literally ( and with a smile ) say " it' s no problem, the entire place is insured "

worker injury / disability is literally just an insurance write-off to them

Being a NEET isn't so bad.

yep, working at a warehouse is hell.

We had 12 hour shifts and have to stand the entire time. If you get caught sitting while on the floor, it's a write up or termination.

>Get fired if they fail to pack at least 2 items per minute

Hah, that's extremely lenient. Our LMS(labor management system) required that you pick about 10 or 20 cases per minute else you got a negative score. I'm so glad I went back to college and didn't have to deal with that bullshit anymore.

Unless you're getting neetbux, and I mean $600+ a month, then no

Drink more water

honestly people are telling me to sue and go on disability but idk how i'd even go about proving this since our evil corporation doesn't let you bring evidence gathering devices to work

my favorite is when the on-site health guy tells people to 'have a gatorade' when you do something like partially break your bones and it doesn't show up on the xray well enough

>doesn't show up on the xray well enough

then it isn't broken, even fractures show up

so nothing was wrong

>Pregnant women were hounded and hassled for being slow to break and slow to return from break, not to mention the times they have to pee

No pity. If you're going to be less efficient than your colleagues, then you deserve to be paid less than them. These are the same women bitch about "m-muh wage gap". It's not Amazon's baby, if you can't do the work then go home.

As a guy who has loaded UPS trailers for years and now delivers, I'm not sure if bullshit or workers are being pussies for having a physical job for the first time

Why are pregnant women working in warehouses? No wonder the world is full of retards.

Lose some weight, fatty. Maybe then you won't be having strokes every two days.

It's not about being physical but meeting production quotas. Every warehouse and distribution center is different.

I've worked at some where I only had to do 2 trucks at day because of low volume. Then there are some where I was expected to do 6+ trucks non-stop.

Amazon is way bigger than UPS.

it's all digital now, hairline fractures don't show up on anything other than film

our hub workload has vastly increased ; instead of doing a bunch of 3 lb boxes, it's nearly all 40lb boxes of steel car parts or heavier

>partial stroke
>partially break your bone

lazy retarded whiny fucker, I'm sorry your parents have never told you 'no'

>pregnant women
>hard physical labor warehouse job

Why.

Probably because they weren't pregnant before they started working there fucking idiot.

>hairline fractures don't show up on anything other than film

LOL

You don't stop paying rent and buying food because you're pregnant.

I heard the bathroom thing is true for their codemonkeys too.

Every neet i've ever seen is clinically depressed and blog about their suicide fantasies so no

i'm in the top 5% out of 300+ negroes in terms of productivity in our hub

basically, say that to my face not on a skinny-nerd-techboard

:^)

They shouldn't be fucking around then when they have a job to do.

I only buy from amazon when its cheaper and I don't use prime

Right, so clearly they should keep working that minimum wage job to support their baby.

Good. They better get my shit packed and shipped ASAP

>Hah, that's extremely lenient. Our LMS(labor management system) required that you pick about 10 or 20 cases per minute else you got a negative score.

Per person? That's one case every 3 to 6 seconds. Can you elaborate?

In every civil country there are laws (or it's even stated in the constitution) that guarantee acceptable working condition to pregnant women.

>t.never done any real work in my life

What do you suggest? Quitting and risking homelessness?

>job is literally pack items into boxes
>complain

lol the fuck, not like they promised you some cushy shit

No, we should get our blue wigs, problem glasses and complain about "inequality" in amazon, and that they should hire more women.

If a female is working a warehouse job then it probably has something to do with it being the only one she could find. Finding even a shitty job is difficult since the pool of people applying is so large. It's like winning the lottery.

Trump is the greatest threat to humanity at this moment in history. You are not human like him. You are goldmines, yes. You are full of gold. Isnt it wonderful to be golden?
Praise the miner, this poor worker has a horribly hard job and deserves tax breaks.

I suggest planning ahead before you have a kid and only doing it when you're financially stable.

Amazon is the target because they're the most successful. That's it, they're not evil, they're simply on top in a harsh business, which means harsh working conditions for lots of employees.

Too bad nobody told that to your parents.

whoa it's almost like... you can... quit and find another job...

based bezos gonna shred elon musk in the space race

>birth rate is already in the trashcan
>user suggests being even more picky about when you have kids

Besides, that has nothing to do with employers treating them like shit.

I was born to a stable marriage with my mother working and my father staying at home raising me. No reason in particular, she just made more. Seeing all the kids these days growing up with a single, unemployment parent is just depressing. They're getting fucked over hard from birth.

Yes per person.

>That's one case every 3 to 6 seconds
Yes. You have to be picking constantly. Keep in mind this isn't Amazon.

>Can you elaborate?
Not much else to say aside from the fact the system was designed by shitty college kids and was never updated. Nobody got a positive score from picking. The manager said they wouldn't take the scores 'that seriously', but here's the catch.

If they caught you slacking off or didn't like you, they'd use that same skewed LMS score to say your performance was bad and then fire you for it.

Needless to say we had a very high turn over rate. Probably only kept 1 or 2 new hires for more than 6 months.

Fuck the worker class. Everything belongs to the capitalist class because we own everything and we create jobs. Workers owe us everything. If we don't make their lives hell and don't shame them due to their condition, they won't have any incentive to become capitalists.

>only doing it when you're financially stable.
Someone working a min wage job will never be financially stable.

>then they shouldnt have kids if they have a bad job ;)

Thank GNU I'm not a wagie

That dosen't sound stable when your father is the bitch.

>they shouldnt have kids if they have a bad job ;)
That would be the smart thing to do

They shouldn't have children if they can't support them. What's difficult to understand about that?

There's a whole collection of studies done into this. Single parent homes fucking suck for a variety of reasons, which always end up in the kids becoming maladjusted losers.

The difficult is this isn't enforced yet. We need eugenics ASAP.

People should be having more kids, though. Before every first world country gets to the population of Switzerland.

>Should we stop buying from Amazon?
Lol no, this encourages me to buy even more shit. Poor treatment motivates people to not become lazy-ass deadbeats.

Don't like being treated like shit? Work harder.

Timed bathroom breaks are straight up illegal, something sounds off here.

That's not how xrays work, especially when talking about legal situations. Lawyers can and will weasel their way out of anything.

>overpopulated world
>"people should be having more kids"
Get out.

stallman.org/articles/children.html

Then we'd be worse than Japan and nobody would be having kids because the majority have shit jobs.

They can support them, with the job they have, just not while they're in the final stages of pregnancy. Is your comprehension so bad that you forgot these pregnant women are still working even though at any other job they'd take a leave of absence?

>That's not how xrays work, especially when talking about legal situations. Lawyers can and will weasel their way out of anything.

>ahh it hurts so much give me $
>medical experts say you're fine
>your xrays show nothing
>but it's broken

lmao

I'm in favour of higher birthrate, but children born into single parent households in poverty aren't the solution.

The world isn't overpopulated, the third world is.

China and India are to blame for that.

>>overpopulated world
This is a meme that's never been proven. Some major cities are uncomfortably dense, but it ends there.

>but children born into single parent households in poverty aren't the solution.
Most females who have kids in poverty do it so that the child can support them in the future. An investment.

It's why child rate is so high in 3rd world countries.

It's definitely overpopulated if everyone wants a first world lifestyle without destroying the planet in 100 years

>into single parent households
The rate of divorce is only increasing. We're going to have to deal with single parent homes as a society one way or another.
>in poverty
Few people are actually below the poverty line, unless you define it as 'not at a comfortable level of income'. In that case, who really is?

There's no magical win-win scenario here where birthrates go up, divorce rates go down, and everyone's quality of life drastically improves.

>The world isn't overpopulated, the third world is.
Wrong. You're very misinformed. The first world is overpopulated as well. The entire world is. Look at the list of countries by demographic density. The top of the list is pretty mixed, there's first world and third world countries in there.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_and_territories_by_population_density

Several European countries are pretty densely populated as well, son. You should inform yourself better.

Read a book.

>unless you define it as 'not at a comfortable level of income'
I define it as living paycheck to paycheck with no savings.

Surviving, not living.

Why not? Environmentally friendly alternatives to everything have been invented now.

The long-term positives just don't outweigh the increased costs of using them.

>High demographic density = overpopulation
Lol

What the fuck are you talking about, you moron? Jesus Christ, americans are retarded. By your logic anyone who isn't a NEET shouldn't be having children.

Here you get a 6 month paid leave. I can't believe americans are so cucked.

We need to have bounties for whoever brings in the most pajeet and chink heads. I'm sick of them.

*votes for bernie*

Plenty of people live like that permanently. Asking them to wait to have kids when things are better is essentially asking them to never have kids.

>By your logic anyone who isn't a NEET shouldn't be having children
You're right, they shouldn't.

Staying at home while her husband provides for her.

You're right, it's not a function of population density. It's a function of ecological footprint. And by that metric, the situation gets even worse for your theory that only the third world is overpopulated, because the ecological footprint of the USA and Europe is humongously bigger.

All the poo in Inida hurts the planet more than my car.

>overpopulation is indicated by ecological footprint
What am I reading?

Not really no.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_ecological_footprint

My bad, I thought I was replying to a sane individual.

Facts.

>Should we stop buying from Amazon
No. Those normies deserve it for wasting their time and money on partying and doing things to get laid when they should have been learning to be good at computers and investing in crypto. They deserve everything they get.

>Wikipedia

Don't worry, soon you will be replaced by robots.

The source is right there, faggot: data.footprintnetwork.org/

You're desperately grasping at straws.

>The USA and Europe are overpopulated

When can we stop the boats?

>muh working conditions
you aren't a slave. Nobody is forcing you to work there.

You 12 or something? That's such a fucking retarded reply.

I'm not the bloke you spoke to, but I'm ex-Army. You're a fucking stroke victim. About as much a threat as constipation. Get a fucking grip.

>Plenty of people live like that permanently. Asking them to wait to have kids when things are better is essentially asking them to never have kids.
I know, I agree with you.
I'm saying that other user is a naive idiot.

sure you are tough guy.
:^)

>People should be having more kids, though
What?! No. We already have a population problem. Adding more poor and uneducated mouthbreathers is exactly what we should NOT be doing

>Environmentally friendly alternatives to everything have been invented now.
Except that's not true. Why would a third world alternative use environmentally friendly things when they can use cheaper things to get people to a higher standard of living faster?

>Underage child detected
You do understand that when people link wikipedia, you can see the source right there.
What, did you teacher tell you that Wikipedia is untrustworthy? That's just so you don't copy en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mouse when writing your 6th grade biology paper

When people stop having kids, which is why we were pointing this out

I'm not clicking that shit.

>Why would a third world alternative use environmentally friendly things when they can use cheaper things to get people to a higher standard of living faster?
Because they get sweet dosh from rich western countries such as the US....

>trump was elected president
Oh wait, sorry. Never mind.

>caring about slaves

lmao no

not my problem~
i went to college and am making $120k/yr

they should just get better jobs~

You act more like a Navy Seal.

Check this shit out

little soy latte boy thinks he has muscles because he talks big. That's mighty clever of you kid, hopefully when shit goes down IRL you can use that rapid-fire big mouth of yours to keep the baddies at bay long enough to buy a few innocent people time to escape... While they're killing your dumb ass for being a shit talker.

Society isn't the soft tacky Christmas sweater party you think it is, boy. ciao

Assuming that you are right, why economists say that EU countries would greatly benefit from people having more kids, and why would even governments pay for campaigns and incentives to have kids?

Damn nigger you're tough. How much semen did you eat to get that protein bod?