How important is it to run 3200 DDR4 with the Ryzen 7 and can you get away with 8GB or is 16GB mandatory...

How important is it to run 3200 DDR4 with the Ryzen 7 and can you get away with 8GB or is 16GB mandatory? With the gooks still creating an artificial shortage RAM prices are continuing to skyrocket with a 8GB 3200 stick averaging out at over $100 now, making some people reconsider building or upgrading this Christmas.

Other urls found in this thread:

press.trendforce.com/press/20161102-2677.html
newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIACVB6ME4926&cm_re=flare_x_3200mhz-_-20-232-530-_-Product
newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819113428
newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813132988
poweredbymushkin.com/index.php/catalog/item/5-redline/1280-mra4u320lllm8gx2.html
newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820232407&ignorebbr=1&nm_mc=AFC-C8Junction&cm_mmc=AFC-C8Junction-PCPartPicker, LLC-_-na-_-na-_-na&cm_sp=&AID=10446076&PID=3938566&SID=
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

you can gain an additional 20% by running 3200, you REALLY should run 3200

it's just a fucking meme you disposal waste. get a 2666 and oc it

It matters with Ryzen and APU's, less with Intel.

>With the gooks still creating an artificial shortage RAM prices
lol idiot.
>what are cellphone manufacturing and retards chucking their phones yearly

Fuck off, sneaky gook shill.

>“At the same time, changes have occurred in the relationship among the top three suppliers – Micron, SK Hynix and Samsung,” Wu added. “Based on the oligopolistic market situation, the trio have opted for co-existence as the best way to maximize their own profitability. They therefore are turning away from aggressively competing for market share through price reduction and capacity expansion.”
>“In a sense, there a strategic aspect behind the latest wave of DRAM price increase,” said Wu. “In the short term, rising prices lift up margins for suppliers. In the long run, the barrier to keep Chinese competition out of the DRAM market is reinforced.”

press.trendforce.com/press/20161102-2677.html

>How important is it to run 3200 DDR4 with the Ryzen 7
honestly not very, if you work on it not at all
if you game on it, it's within 10%, I played all games that came out this year
wolfenstein ran above 120fps in most places, all max
ACO ran 60
Elex ran 80
Shadow of war had a problem(55fps) before windows update, now it's stable 60
that's all at 1440p on 1600x stock, strix 1070 and 2133 RAM

Is 8GB enough?

>Is 8GB enough?
this might be a bit narrow, I wouldn't say it will murder your performance in every game but in some it will make things difficult

>Is 8GB enough?
FOR WHAT?

Just for games - yes.
But you want dual channe;

For what?
It's enough for gaming.

16gb at the very least, my dude.

How does RAISING prices increase the barrier to the chinks?

Wouldn't they just start making DDR4, and even if it's kinda 2nd rate, it'd be so much cheaper than the raised price of current DDR4, that it would probably be competitive, where it wouldn't even stand a chance in the market to begin with against the big 3's RAM if they were competing properly ...

The problem with 8GB ram is that the 2x4GB sticks arent Samsun B-die i think. and if you only run 1 8GB stick it will perform worse.

just look at the specs tho. Any 3200mhz CL14 should be samsung B-die ram.

CL16 3200 is usually shit and on ryzen might not even run at 3200mhz.

this is the ram ithat is recommended-

newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIACVB6ME4926&cm_re=flare_x_3200mhz-_-20-232-530-_-Product

Hmmm. What a fair price. God bless G. Skill

>less with Intel
but that's wrong. a 7700k gets pretty much the same increase in gaymen fps with higher RAM clocks as ryzen.

You don't need to run at 3200. 3000 is enough. No reason to throw away money for 2-3 extra fps. If you're questioning on getting better ram instead of just getting them, then you clearly don't have a decent enough gpu/cpu for it to matter.

I swear It never used to be like this, it didn't matter much just like RAM channels. I assumed the gains came from Ryzen interacting with HBM in a different way like APU's rely on RAM instead of vRAM.

>tl;dr
"We're openly colluding to keep prices high and solidify our monopoly by fucking over China"

Anyways so prices won't be dropping? I'll just have to fork out $250 next year for 16gb?

I saw an article about a month ago were Samsung said they recognize the shortage and are going to ramp up production to compensate.
What am I too think about that?

Yes it's helpful thanks to infinity Fab or wtf. However you don't need to pay a fortune for OVER 3200 . Also, you game or do anything intensive? 16gb is worth it. If you do go 8, get a single 8 stick though. Then you can add a matched one later.

So if I'm going with this Ryzen7 processor
newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819113428

and this motherboard
newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813132988

What RAM would actually work between the two? The processor and mobo were a black friday combo on newegg, but I've spent two days trying to find compatible RAM since one always seems to cancel out the other and I'm not spending $250+ on some fucking RAM.

its not a conspiracy to fuck over china. Samsung just wants to make more money. Do you think they give a shit about us? no. No company does. they just want money.

And samsung is dominating the ram market right now so nothing can be done about it.

its the same story with nvidia, we are paying 1000$ for top end gpus that arent worth more than 500$

great mobo, i have it. But it has one flaw. well its not a flaw but a design choice.

you cannot manually set the Vcore. instead you have to set it in steps of + or - the current volt. its a fucked up system instead of actually just typing in the voltage you want.

Also the bios reports one voltage, and then ryzen master reports another. its confusing as fuck. But im running overclock without touching the vcore. So maybe get MSI or Gigabyte if you can?

Also i want to add that if you can, get the 1700x or 1600x. they are better binned chips and you are guaranteed 4ghz clocks. I changed my 1600 to a 1600x because the 1600 only clocked to 3.75. My 1600x clocks to 4.05ghz

So prices aren't really gonna go down for along time just like nvidias been milking us for the past decade?

Arent developers intending to optimize bad so hardware sels every year? I mean what graphical leap did we make over the last 10 years tough pc processing power doubled.

8gb is still good but not for too much longer
get another stick when you can afford it

Why the fuck is RAM going up in price? I just checked and ram i bought for $114 in may is now $181 from the same site

>tfw bought 16gb of ddr3 for my 4-year old rig about a year ago
>the price hasn't changed since then

>tfw in 2012 bought a corsair 32gb vengeance kit for $99 before tax on amazon for ivy
>tfw 2015 bought a gskill 32gb trident kit for $250 for skylel on newegg
>tfw #currentyear that same kit is now $400 on newegg and amazon
>tfw bought a 16gb corsair vengeance kit for covfefe for $160 last week from newegg on "black friday sale"

What RAM do you use?

how are these?

poweredbymushkin.com/index.php/catalog/item/5-redline/1280-mra4u320lllm8gx2.html

No. 2x8Gb sticks dual channel 3200 is a must

My optimistic forecast is Q3 of 2018 but I still don't trust Samsung.

past 2666 is diminishing returns

>CL16 3200 is usually shit
Why's that?

Crosshair vi hero my man.

Amazing all round support as well

Its not a guarantee, keep in mind a lot of 1700 and 1700x are just 1800x because of the good yields ryzen got.

Well optimised games could run on anything honestly

It has a higher latancy to keep higher clock rates. Cl14 is where its at. Gets a better oc as well

Why would keeping Ram prices higher hurt China?
Wouldn't that make it easier for the Chinks to see cheap ram?

>keep in mind a lot of 1700 and 1700x are just 1800x because of the good yields ryzen got.
NOT since TR and epyc.
The 1700/1600 non X chips are super bad bins.
You will be lucky to hit +200mhz

>It has a higher latancy to keep higher clock rates. Cl14 is where its at. Gets a better oc as well
I see, that's a shame. Then again, I did get my two DDR4 sticks of 16GB 3200Mhz CL16 last year for 95€ so I can't complain.

Are you serious? Anecdote but my 1700 got to 3.9 stable just by changing the multiplier and 4.2 with tuned overclocking. Havent tried pushing it further.

Plus cl16 usually has weird timings like 16-15-17-38 which are not a good thing. Usually means hynix ram as well

>tuned overclocking

changing the multiplier is the only thing you can do on ryzen

You can change core voltages as well.

huh? you mean you got 3.9GHz on stock voltage?

Its important to get it as fast as you can especially for gaming

Mine only reached 2800Mhz because i bought a shit motherboard and probably the wrong ram.

Use Ryzen Master to overlcock it

Because cl14 3200mhz is Samsung b die. It's basically the absolute best ddr4 chips.

3200mhz cl16 can be hynix or some Somalian shit tier brand.

Like this guy said dont make the same mistake as me

Make sure what your buying is DDDR4 3200Mhz Samsung Ram it has the absolute best compatibility with Ryzen.

Get any ram that has Samsung b die for guaranteed 3200

so if it is 14cl running at 3200 it's always a b die?

Yes

Yes. Avoid corsair and geil. Buy gskill

No, it's because modern games aren't as heavily GPU bound and we're back at being fucked by shitty CPU bound consoleports. Memory speed always increased framerates in CPU bound titles. I've a nehalem i7 and and clocking my memory from 1333 to 1866 and raising CL+1 gives me a good 10% boost and 30% higher minimums in OG Crysis.

This. Chinks don't really care about margins, if there's any sort of profit to be made, they'll just compensate with scale.

>All these cuck dick suckers

Running a 8700k here with 3000mhz CL 15 , runs fucking flawless. Even 2666 runs great on the coffee lake series.

LMAO poo lake needs literal certain types of ram

would this work for ryzen 7? im sure the ASUS rog stix mobo is compatible.

newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820232407&ignorebbr=1&nm_mc=AFC-C8Junction&cm_mmc=AFC-C8Junction-PCPartPicker, LLC-_-na-_-na-_-na&cm_sp=&AID=10446076&PID=3938566&SID=

At least we don't need to delid and install third party coolers for sane operating temperatures

>-_-

>>>/reddit/

Yeah ita b die. Probably the same stuff they use in flare x

I was suprised how good the wraith spire was

Yeah, it's a shame Intel stock coolers only seem to be getting worse with time...

>Buying any Intel after Sandy
>Giving into this artificial shortage fiasco
>Not still running DDR3

Intel doesn't sell stock coolers anymore.

Fuck, should I just get these and be done w/ this horse shit?? Any other B-die that's cheapaaa?

Ryzen 1600
GA AB350N-Gaming Wifi

Wow a $700 processor is better than a $300 one!

Not even with their non-k Processors?

where is an 8700 going for 700$?

>A heatsink? What do you need a passive cooler for? Help, they're trying to burn me down!

Yes they do

20% compared to what? The base 2133 or whatever it is?

Most boards I've seen won't even fucking run 3000 let alone 3200.

Bad mobo ram then. Good ones run just fine

Name 2 motherboards, one micro atx the other any form factor, with 2 sets of 16 gb ram from, both sets from 2 different manufacturers that will run at 3200 using the xmp profile aka advertised specs.

Show your work in the qvl faggot.
Have fun nigger.

Crosshair vi hero
GSkill flare x

Alao your ruse is looking for specs for your own build. Why would you specify matx elsewise?

I've already had my ryzen server setup for months nigger.
If it's that hard to find parts to fit such a simple criteria then maybe it's possible that PRETTY MUCH NO BOARDS CAN FUCKING DO IT. Except of course, your meme "premium" gaymur corsair board, and your "premium" 300 dollar 8gb x2 ram.

Have fun with that faggot.
And stop telling people you "have" to have 3200 ram when 90% of users can't even fucking run it.

my mobo can't run my ram at 3200
MSI b350 Gaming Pro Carbon

but it can run it at 2400

I'll try 2933 later but after the first try and the post I got scared

Mines cl16 3200 Samsung ram

I have 16 GB 2666 DDR4 with ryzen 1700
How much FPS do I miss?

it depends on the application and your videocard.
if youre running a low tier card then 2133 is the same as 3200 in games

Samsung IS ramping the capacity, their CapEx is about to pierce the heavens.
It just takes time.

>AMD fags need to spend more on ram then the cpu / mobo

The biggest problem is people are saying
> hurr but ryzen NEEDS faster ram though!
> you get more fps and sit with faster ram!

News flash
EVERY FUCKING PROCESSOR MADE BY EVERY COMPANY EVER RUNS FASTER WITH FASTER RAM, THAT'S WHY PROCESSOR CACHES EXIST YOU FUCKING FAGGOTS.
STOP FUCKING OVERPAYING FOR NOTHING YOU BENCHMARK AUTISTS.

Makes sense, so it's more shitty optimisation than raw performance numbers. Are there really that many titles out there which are heavily CPU bottlenecked?

The difference is infinity fabric makes a huge fucking difference to the importance of ram speeds.

7th gen cpus made not enough difference to justify it, 8th gen somewhat

Outside of games makes a lot of difference as well.

Corsair Vengeance on MSI X370 SLI Plus. Don't be a bitchboi and run your northbridge and RAM at stock voltage.

Took you for hours to pop out another atx combo huh?

That's nice, but the point was that if it was that important then several boards would allow it, I've not seen a single microatx board that does and that is the form factor that most people will be using. Not everyone wants a hueg gaymen pc, not everyone is going to bother with the x chipset especially when the b can overclock. So the point was, you idiots are telling all these people, who are on micro atx with a b chip, that they need 3200 ram when they can't even fucking use it, hell most x chips can't even fucking use it, i have yet to see any evidence to the contrary save for your two atx boards, one of which includes ram that costs more than the God damn processor.

Nice try though.

And you know what, I'm not even done.

If you faggots are going to pay this much for ram why don't you just pay more and get a better cpu, God damn y'all are stupid.

Pay 150 for ram and throw that extra meme money at a thread ripper ffs. You will blow all of these idiots with their superior ram out of the fucking water with the most basic shitty ram you can possibly find.

>2-3 extra fps
Why do you guys always assume this is about games?

That's literally the only way you can measure the difference, not by perception, but with fps counters.

>it's AMD's fault samshits and chinks gimp the price
nice logic there shlomo

Is it the same for Intel 8400? Is 3200 necessary over a 2666?

It's not necessary for any cpu.
It's practically a meme.

what is ur stock voltage
1.375? (1.425)
it could be debated stock is around 1.25 though

> creating an artificial shortage RAM prices are continuing to skyrocket

Ok. The second part of your argument is easy to check. But what about the first? What evidence is there that the shortage is artificial? Really.

Well, there is the fact that you can buy it literally anywhere, when is the last time you saw ran out of stock?

I don't think I ever have. Meanwhile amd gpus are literally always out of stock and the price only went up what? 10% maybe?

Ram is obviously not scarce enough to warrant the 100% and up price increase its gotten.

I shelled out for 3200 DDR4 with my Ryzen 1700. Despite only have a 1050 Ti, I've been able to run every single game I wanted to on it with max settings, 60fps, 1080x1920.

I haven't even overclocked the thing.

render times
vm performance
heaps of ways

> he runs 9:16
Wtf mad man.

Btw, try to run Destiny 2 or something and you'll be disappointed, both in the game and your gpu performance.

id reboot to check but im doing too much. whatever a c6hero defaults to

thats more gpu intensive desu. I have a similar setup except with a 1060 6gb. i needed it for rendering though. honestly for gaming your choice was pretty odd, a 1600x with a 1060 would have been a better choice.

1%, i use mine for nothing but rendering.
I gained 1% speed improvement.
My 20 hour renders now take 19 hours and 48 minutes.

i should have just bought the fucking thread ripper with 12 cores that I paid for this ram, it is completely pointless and I would have gotten more performance out of it.

Get your priorities straight.

Yeah, well, there's a reason I don't try to run Destiny 2 you know. It's not my fault all of the games that stress your GPU because of poor optimization are also coincidentally just shitty games not worth playing.

no, going for a threadripper would have increased costs way higher than the price / perf because of the motherboard and cpu cost. also tr benefits from fast ram as well

Is 3000mhz c15 good enough?