Job interview tomorrow

>job interview tomorrow

Happy failing.

>So user, why did you leave your last job?
whats the correct non-selfpromoting answer to this question?
I mean answers like 'hurr I worked too much and I cared too much about work durr'

>buy sports jacket for interview for city job.
>Interview goes okay but they sorta shoo me out.
>Get email saying they are going for another candidate
>City reposted the same job opening two days later.
Apparently there weren't any other candidates were there.
>Tfw I have never had a full time job...

>leaving your job before you get a job offer for a new one
People actually do this?

Well why did you actually leave your last job?

man I hate those. always so awkward and make me nervous because I don't have normie social skills.

I wish I could just work for myself and not deal with normie gatekeepers

i did this, because i was about to hang myself

I didn't like the work and people expected too much of me
but I can't say that on a job interview

>he wants to work from the age of 18 until the age of 65
I need some months/year of freedom and no work sometimes

You'll do well.

I have never had an issue with that one.
I just say "although I loved it there I found there wasn't enough opportunities to go any further".
I mean that's the truth, I don't see the problem.
Just saying you wanted to move on and why you were attracted to the company should be fine.

>It says here you were unemployed 5 times over the last 3 years for a few months at a time. Care to explain the gap in your employment history?

The pay wasn't enough and they couldn't raise my salary because X.

X can be any bullshit excuse like the recession, downsizing, new hires, etc...

It says here you haven't been employed in the six months since you left college. Care to explain?

Lie lie and lie some more.
One time I got the job while 20 candidates were rejected and I had no clue, was fired after 1 year cause I was so clueless and was lying all the time.
LIE on the CV, bad shit they check it out, good shit they don't, either way you can't lose.
Something they can't check immediately, LIE.
If they check your bullshit after you have signed the contract, you can sue them and they know it cause it was their job to verify before offering said job for said time.
They'll pile up your fuckups for a year or two and you can decide to leave till then either way you getting paid.
FUCK EM!

>Sports jacket for job interview
Why? Maybe there were other candidates but they sucked. Or maybe there weren't. That doesn't matter.

it's because I couldn't find a job

your next question will be: have you tried applying for an unpaid internship?

>phone interview today
>already have an internship so it doesn't matter how I do

if you talk about self-improvement, any family issues you could throw under the bus and basically anyway to make that time understandable they will not care.
I was NEET for 3 years following college and was able to explain it away just fine like that.

They say the best way to get away with a crime is to pretend what you're doing isn't illegal.
It's a similar mentality in interviewing.
Just convince yourself there's nothing wrong with how your work life has panned out and you'll find it effortless to convey that with your words and body language.
If you feel super guilty about being unemployed and then sheepishly answer "I was just...I had stuff happening....uhh" it's going to make you look like a freak.
If you just relate to them a little they won't grill you for it, everyone understands things come up in people's lives and young people take breaks to find themselves.

>in college
>apply for job on campus during the semester
>never even get an email saying that I didn't get the job
>apply for job during summer
>never even get an email or phone call saying that I didn't get the job
>I'm supposed to be graduating next year and have never been employed
>mfw

Well have you?

1. Not enough opportunities for furthering your career
2. Didn't fit in well with the work atmosphere/other employees. You could also throw in a comment about how significant the office politics were and how they were reducing the quality of the environment.

write bubble sort without looking on the internet. GO

>WORKING. FOR. FREE.
*inhales*

I never worked a day until a year after I graduated.
you should get on that if you can though, you'll convince yourself you're hopeless if you never get work experience.
Applying for one job at one place twice is not really good enough, try a few different places until you get something.
You may not like your first workplace but literally any part-time work will help you get your first full-time work which helps you get you on your first career role.

>I was doing charity work with the local church on the other coast and was writing on my new novel : "Business and my pet"
It wasn't challenging enough, sometimes I would finish my job and think : where is this thing going? The teamwork wasn't tight enough.

I finished uni this September. I had never worked a single day in my life before. I've been hired in my current company this November. It is true that many jobs asked for experience, but I ignored that requirement and applied anyway.

You must be rich, us wagies can't afford to not be employed

Google businesses that went bankrupt and say you worked there for 1- 3 years.
Apply anyway and wing it, you can't lose.

I'm eastern european
I saved up for a few months and now I can afford to live at parents for like 2 years and be a NEET

I would always go with 1.
It's positive, it makes you look pro-active and career focused.
2. is negative, it could be interpretted as you getting into drama, having issues with other workers or being able to integrate with the work culture.
You basically have to spend 5 times as long explaining how the work environment was bad but not your fault.

*outhales*

The applicant that works for free will work twice as hard for pay. Remember that.

>Sup Forums - "technology"
>"technology discussion"
i hope you fail

>outhales

*rehales*

If you work for free more than 2 weeks you're a moron, I would expect some pay on those 2 weeks anyway.

>Interviewer brings out the whiteboard

>he wants to work from the age of 18 to the age of 65
Actually, I worked since I was 15 and I plan on working until at least retirement age (70).

>I need some months/year of freedom
Employers hate gaps though.

Don't worry bud, they are probably trying to prove "they aren't able to find anyone locally" in order to hire pajeets. Happens literally all the time.

Every time I've been asked it's because I moved too far away to work at my previous place. I would say that and that I didn't feel like I was able to make use of the skills I wanted to or there was no room for growth. Something like that.

well with that attitude no wonder you can't find work.

Then what?>>I need some months/year of freedom and no work sometimes
Teacher is for you

good slave

I can actually.
I don't say it at the interview but I was never asked to work for free cause I wasn't a klutz in front of HR.