IS anyone else really worried about the Netherlands disappearing in a flood caused by climate change?

IS anyone else really worried about the Netherlands disappearing in a flood caused by climate change?

Other urls found in this thread:

floodlist.com/america/usa/photos-louisiana-floods-august-2016
floodlist.com/europe
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Water_board_(Netherlands)
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

If it happens I can take a dutch in my home.

>Australia, the US and Asia get BTFO by floods on a yearly basis
>The Netherlands never gets flooded

Mother nature is our bitch

Well what a good idea

Yep, I'm concerned about the world in general though

I would take her into my home.

1953 will repeat eventually

I'm not.

>he leaves his country at the mercy of the elements

why is everyone so cucked by nature?

ill be moving to the netherlands when the seas rise, only safe place

>Be American
>Die in flood
floodlist.com/america/usa/photos-louisiana-floods-august-2016

The water should be afraid of us.
All the non-green is reclaimed land

Why are you attacking americans. It seems so random

Germany, the UK and the USA get flooded yearly. We never get flooded.

They seem to have floods all the time

muricans claim to be civilized yet die in floods like they're bangladeshis

Pretty sure the Dutch will be the last ones to drown.

The Ark of Noah was a prophecy about the Nederbros surviving a great flood and then repopulating the world with their master race genes.

The loss of really small foamy beers would suxh a loss for global cultural heritage that I think EU should allocate funds for NL so that they can combat the sea better.

Almere is not under sea level tho?

Looks impressive.

We didn't build the words biggest robot for nothing

You know every family pays like 400 euros a year for water protection.

0% worried.

forgot pic

What will flood the Netherlands will probably flood us too so no I'm a bit worried.

Our government also started a new 20 billion euro project to reinforce the dykes.

are there any plans on reclaiming more land? Seems like you stopped for now.

There were plans to move Amsterdam airport into the sea. But it was considered not economically viable at the moment.

Flevoland was finished like 50 years ago and there is still plenty of space there.

>are there any plans on reclaiming more land?
we've offered a fair deal on lelgium on multiple occasions but the Dutch are too polite to accept.

They're reclaiming more for the port of Rotterdam, pic related.
And they're making random islands in Markermeer for birds to live on.

Dutch companies are making those Islands in front of Dubai.

Actually over the past years we've gotten bigger because of Belgian land added to ours.

>Flevoland

Dutch have been handling this kind of things ever since their country existed. You don't have to worry m8

There's a reason why they're so tall,so that they wont drown

europe after climate change.

if the dutch dont maintain their coast

which they will

unlike the rest.

That's amazing, all that was submerged?

Actually, the governental organisations that manage the water are independent of the government and older than the country itself.

before climate change we're under water already.
Water is our bitch.

canada after climate change.

AXAXAXAXAXAXA fuck off

Just banter.

floodlist.com/europe
only france and UK get flooded....

Source?

Yeah, it's the biggest artificial island in the word, the other don't even come close.

>mfw we get flooded badly EVERY fucking year and people act surprised
>mfw nothing ever gets done

Please help us Netherlands, you're our only hope.

I admire your confidence. I wish i was that confident.

really? sounds interesting though

any source that I can read before I sleep

It's three meters under.
It's got small dams around it, but the lake it's on is very calm and it has far taller dams where it meets the sea.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Water_board_(Netherlands)

thanks dude, I never knew there is so much land reclamation happen in Netherland even prior to 20th century

If this happens, I want that our government to take Dutch refugees and hire some to design our country right. We need Dutch infrastructure.

The funny thing is even Roman records mock the Netherlands for it's regular floodings.

Check out: ''15de eeuw'' means 15th century and so on.
We've been doing this for a while now.

No problem. Dutch and Flemish can travel to South Africa and found a new nation with their ethnic brothers Afrikaners.

>all that unique wetland destroyed so that (((dutch))) get to grow some flowers
really breaks the heart.

I would accept Dutch refugees too.

What do you think those windmills were for?

Except the potential upcoming changes are vast orders of magnitude higher than everything you've ever dealt with with that pic being the very worst case scenario.

You will need to allocate more and more funds to water protection which will impoverish the state and erode your purchasing power.

I love The design of De Cruquius. it's literally steampunk.

We've got 17 million people to cram into our tiny country.
YOU keep those wetlands.

hope it happens soon, nothing of value will be lost if the west of the country floods

South Africa is pretty much an "English" country, although Afrikaners are a bit over 55% of the pop. they're mostly farmers and their overall influence is smaller than that of the English-speaking whites.

t. 1/4 afrikaner due to great-grandparents moving to Moçambique to farm.

>which will impoverish the state and erode your purchasing power.
And even than we'll still be better off that poortugal.

>hasnt seen Futurama

We still live in that age

Not only is that completely irrelevant to the discussion my surely "dutch" friend but your image isn't even a map of PPP adjusted GDP per capita, let alone a map of purchasing power.

what happened in futurama?

Which ones? I am curious

It's a meme you dip

Besides the poor editing, that is.

Those things are huge, very impressive to see in person.

Something with a turtle.
But we existed!

Is this your first time here?

Maps like those say nothing, since they don't account for our water management systems.

Rising sea levels are pretty easy to deal with actually. It doesn't pose a threat to our land for the near future. Heavier rainfall does though, and the areas most affected by climate change will be the areas next to rivers like the Rhine and Meuse which are the most prone to flooding. They're already creating more >designated flood areas to counter that, though.

Pic related is one of those flooding areas

Oh I'm sorry I thought you wanted to have an actual discussion how silly of me my "dutch" friend.

>Maps like those say nothing
I'm not a civil engineer but have you looked at that image? There has to be a point over which sea-level rise becomes too high for you to handle without literally building a wall over your country.

No matter, they can have their own state like the Jews.

>There has to be a point over which sea-level rise becomes too high for you to handle
If it rises by like seven meters, sure, but most estimates are much lower.

But like others have pointed out, rivers overflowing are a more immediate threat. That's where most of the work has to be done.

Sea levels are expected to rise with centimeters within our lifetime. The canal is rather calm thanks to the flood breaker called Britain.

Not really much of a concern.

You can alway build a glass roof instead.

We already have those

Still, all that infrastructure seems like primed for a terrorist attack.

Some of you guys are cool, don't go to your basement tomorrow.

I have looked at that image. They never account for our water management infrastructure. They just look at the relative height of the land compared to sea level. So even without any change in sea levels, we're already half flooded according to these maps.

And sure, maybe in a few hundred years the sea levels have risen enough that our dunes, Zuiderzee Works, Delta Works and several other dams/storm surge barriers are not sufficient anymore. But as I said, building them higher isn't really hard. It will be harder to deal with heavier rainfall.

And if all else fails, we'll just go back to where we were 700 years ago and build our houses on artificial hills and let the surrounding land flood twice a day.

I meant as an aquarium, so you can see the water above you after the flood.

You expect Muslims to come up with an actual effective and thought out attack?
There's so many great targets yet they just choose to randomly shoot/stab people in public instead. That truck attack in France was semi clever though

That would be a great tourist attraction, we should just let a bit of land flood to do that.

Preferably Rotterdam

like the good old days

RULER OF THE SEAS

UK gets flooded almost every year, we never get flooded.
Do they not ask for our help because that would be admitting they don't know what to do with the sea?

climate change is a bit different though

because we dont have the moni ;_:

>tfw everyone hopes for pic related
>tfw it will NEVER happen
netherland stronk

No.

Nah I can live without Pepsi

They had a flood after Katrina, which was easily preventable using 1950s tech.
At first they refused reports from the Dutch government about what went wrong, because they were too stubborn

Post yfw living above sea level

What's your adress? (Just in case...)

>mfw i don't know if 3 meters is enough

>IS anyone else really worried about the Netherlands disappearing in a flood caused by mass immigration?

Yes, yes I am.