Laptops

Best bang for buck laptop under $200 used.

What's available that isn't complete shit? I remember HP and Dell had some serious issues with the GPU solder failing and causing the video drop out...

I'm looking for something reliable but not high powered. I'v been very skeptical lately with laptops... It seems that there are many poor quality ones out there which were marketed as high quality machines.

Old Thinkpads. They're great, ultra-durable, and this board loves them a lot.

no we don't

sandy/ivy bridge Thinkpads, elitebooks and latitudes.

You can get the rape emphatic.
You can get the rape polite.
You can get the rape with Indians:
A very charming sight.
You can get the rape on horseback;
They'll all say it's new and gay.
So you see the sort of rape
Depends on what you pay.
:

yes we do, uwu

Any business class laptop that has a core 2 duo - 1st gen i5.
Replace battery and swap any HDD with SSD, add as much RAM as possible.

Yea that's what I bought I bought for someone as a gift from ebay, an older thinkpad that seemed solid. It was for a kid and seemed like $75 well spent.

Is there any specific model of thinkpads that are superior for upgrades?

you're on the wrong board

DO NOT fall for the autistic 10 year old shitpad meme

chromebook with galliumOS

XX00 series through XX30 series I hear is the best.

Ah nice, yea I see the x230 is older and has some good specs, i suppose I'll go this route.

Thanks much.

>hating on thinkpads
owo

go watch anime idiot
because I don't like shitty used laptops?

> Tfw still use a thinkpad T61p has my main laptop
> Tfw first one shit out in 2013 or so after having it for 3 years..
> w/e cost me like 60 bucks
> Tfw bought another T61p for like 50 bucks
> Still going strong after 4 years
Why spend more than 100 burger bucks on a laptop unless you NEED to do things that are graphically intensive and have no access to a desktop?
If all you're going to do is use it for word processing, programming, watching videos and web browsing why would you need anything much more than 100 dollars?

> Is there any specific model of thinkpads that are superior for upgrades?
T420

>g why would you need anything much more than 100 dollars?

What's a good laptop with a good processor for under 100 dls?
> Something with at least, a Core i5

ignore him, Sup Forums will try to meme you into thinking that a c2d is still usable for any sort of modern web browsing/video/etc (they aren't)

Any thinkpad with a sandy or ivy bridge cpu can be bought for around $100 to $150 depending on specs and would be enough, similar dell latitudes and hp elitebooks of the same era are even cheaper due to no Sup Forums tax.

Also, remember there's been barely any performance increase in the last years.
a core i5 ivy bridge should perform similar to a skykale i7 ULV.

i got myself a Dell Precision M4700 for ~$280
with i7-3740qm and firepro m4000/hd7700

pretty solid and a quite a heavy one

i'd say your best bang for usd$ on ebay is the t430 under $120 total good luck senpaitachi

What's with the spreadsheet?

also for

I don't understand how someone puts this much time and effort into trying to select a ~$100 computer. I just ordered a cheap chromebook and installed galliumOS. Sadly I find I do very little with a computer now that requires more then the very basic.

Same here with the gallium chromebook. It's the ideal option for the technically inclined who want a small, cheap and light machine.

I mean it is starting to show it's age (T61p guy here) so when it shits out eventually I intend to opt for one with an i5 but for now it does what I need it to do

I'm retiring the x230i I stole from work tomorrow because it's too underpowered to play muh games now, but it's been a great servant. Such a magnificent keyboard.

Chuwi Lapbook 12.3 and Jumper Ezbook are comfy desu

Dunno m8, my X61t with a low voltage Core2Duo from 2007 can play 1080p30 videos on Youtube just fine. That's pretty impressive for a 10 year old laptop imo.

thinkpads whiteless their wifi module :(