twitter.com/AnonBabble

>accepting emails containing anything but text
>linux torvalds
the absolute state of Sup Forums

if you can't send an e-mail in plaintext, you don't deserve to message linus
consider it a retard filter

it clearly says
>SPAM or Outlook Virus

and they're right. HTML doesn't belong in e-mail.

>>linux torvalds
autocorrect

>email
>HTML

This is very smart, keeps spam out of inbox

My dad owns the Linux kernel and knows the guy. His real name is Linux torvalds

Lonenix is for gays

Don't put HTML in your e-mails? Perhaps you should go back to r*ddit.

HTML in email is a sin
attachments should only be allowed for patches on mailing lists

Email should only be plain text or maybe rich text. It's a message, not a document with embedded tables or what have you. if you need any more complexity, send an attachment or a link to a webpage.

The Linux kernel is the collective copyright of every developer who has ever put any amount of work into it. No single individual owns it.

9 out of 10 times I try to type Linus, it comes out Linux.
( •_•)

You truly are autistic Sup Forums

The only thing that infuriates me more than HTML messages is people replying to emails in one block _above_ the original message quoted in its entirety, sorta like I did in this post. These two usually go together, though, and I'm fucking pissed just thinking about it.

On 11/30/17(Thu)23:29:57 Anonymous wrote:

>He only allows plaintext emails on kernel.org lists because OUTLOOK VIRUS

I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you’re referring to as Linux Torvalds, is in fact, GNU/Linux Torvalds, or as I’ve recently taken to calling it, GNU Torvalds plus Linux Torvalds. Linux Torvalds is not a programmer unto himself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning GNU system made useful by the GNU coredevs, codemonkeys and vital system critics comprising a full shitfest as defined by RMS.
Many computer users run a modified version of the GNU system every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of GNU which is widely used today is often called “Linux Torvalds”, and many of his users are not aware that he is basically the GNU system, developed by the GNU Project. There really is a Linux Torvalds, and these people are using him, but he is just a part of the system they use.
Linux Torvalds is the kerneldude: the guy in the system that allocates the companies resources to the other programmers that you run. The kerneldude is an essential part of an operating system, but useless by himself; he can only function in the context of a complete operating company. Linux Torvalds is normally used in combination with the GNU shitfucks: the whole system is basically GNU with Linux Torvalds added, or GNU/Linux Torvalds. All the so-called “Linux Torvalds” devs are really devs of GNU/Linux Torvalds.

ty user, made my day

Why the actual fuck would you want anything other than plain text in email?

Tits or GTFO bb

There is absolutely nothing autistic about those posts, they're all correct.
Emails are meant to simply send a message. Plain text emails are lighter, more trustworthy and not the least less effective at delivering said message.
It's not a webpage, which is meant to be seen by millions of people and where presentation is thus important. An email is usually meant to be seen by one person only (a few tens of people at most, excluding bullshit mailing lists) and thus all that matters is communicating a message. Considering that most emails are no longer than 10 lines, what difference does it make?

>more trustworthy
god you're retarded

>excluding bullshit mailing lists
you do realize that OP was sending an email to a list?

Fucking ebin

Are you retarded or just stupid?

youtube.com/watch?v=7gRsgkdfYJ8

not the fist time that a bug on a template engine has a 0day exploit in it(not a bug just an exploit)

e-mail this to Stallman
PLEASE

and post any reply here

You can do it yourself faggot.

>sending source code in html

People who send HTML emails should be killed.

reddit

>more trustworthy
You mean trustworthy. I block people only sending text email. Linus is a coiled spring of autism anyway. Soon the Magenta kernel will replace the Linux kernel and sanity will be restored.

I wish I only ever got plain text in emails.

Worst bit is how k9 mail on android does not support text only emails, it only can show html emails.

Anyone having an open source email client for android recommendation?

Why the fuck would you send anything other than a plaintext email

>How autistic is Linus Torvalds
He made a kernel out of boredom, user

>He only allows plaintext emails on kernel.org lists because OUTLOOK VIRUS
No he only accepts plaintext emails, because it's a fucking mailing list.

People who unironically send rich text or HTML emails to mailing lists need to kill themselves ASAP.

> GNU Torvalds
Should be GNU Stallman.

scientificamerican.com/article/the-only-safe-e-mail-is-text-only-e-mail/

>asking for backdoors for an opensource system
>from a finnish mongol who can't even install his own ubuntu
The code is right there, NSA probably knows how everything. It doesn't matter as long as your drive is encrypted anyway.

>why
because big portion of web clients don't allow turning it off despite not using any formatting elements (looking at you ProtonMail and Tutanota what a pieces of crap)

you are mad cause you got caught in the retard filter