Why do phones even let you record vertical videos? Especially google...

Why do phones even let you record vertical videos? Especially google, who has a dedicated youtube page on proper aspect ratios when uploading videos, lets people record vertical videos on Android when that shit is cancer.

I think mostly because people don't want to keep rotating their phone all the time.
>open snapchat
>use the portrait mode app
>have to rotate every time I open a video
people are just lazy. in most cases it isn't a huge deal. but I agree if you're gonna record a video rather than an off hand snap or something you should use landscape

IIRC the google camera app tells you to rotate the
phone if you hold it in portrait in video mode using the rear camera. It's just two little arrows though. less perceptive nomies might miss it entirely.

it lets you tell apart the retards

What they need to do is use square image sensors.
Then normies can film horizontal video even when holding the phone vertical.

Nigga what

because phone cameras were wrongly made

For sending video to other phones you dumb brainlet

because I feel like most times people film on their phones they don’t expect they’ll be watching it on something else

I don’t do it myself though, I never go outside lol

>CMOS sensors in general
Don't get me started, user.

Because you retard, if you actually had friends to share videos with you would be sharing them on your phone, which everyone is probably holding vertically. Nobody wants to rotate their phone since they usually hold their phone with on hand in the first place, and controlling the video is much easier vertically than it is horizontally. IF you plan on posting the video on youtube (etc.) ahead of time then I think the vast majority of people know to hold the phone horizontally.

what the absolute fuck am i looking at LMAO

it's my phone and i'll record video at any orientation i like you Commie bastard.

At a VERY fast twingo driving at
incredible hihg speed

why aren't the cameras 1:1 resolution anyways?

>waah let me continue being a complete retard on how to do the most basic thing with a camera
>everyone i don't like is a commie

>doesn't have a vertical monitor

>waa i don't like the way you use your things

I only have pics and images on my phone, I'm not on social media so I never post anything. I take vertical images because its easier and looks better.

The people I sent my pics and videos to view them on their phone.

I know this is Sup Forums and all, but we're not all basement dwellers browsing on a 50 inch TV.

Because
1) people want to hold a phone one-handed and not two-handed, and
2) it's less strain on the hand to hold a phone vertically instead of horizontally.

>waah stop judging me by the way i use my things
>everyone i don't like is reddit

>the absolute state of digital photography

i dont even use a computer anymore. my phone can literally do it all.
>muh gayming
grow up little boy, real life is calling.

"real life" is subjective

You can't even use your second hand when you hold the phone horizontally, it would cover the camera.

The real problem is that it's just uncomfortable to hold a phone horizontally with one hand. You have to hold it firmly, or it's guaranteed to slip out of your hand. And no one wants to fucking drop their phone, case or not.

A phone can't make phones

LOL alright man

Neither can i. what's your point?

Nvm fuck off nerd.

aren't dual camera phones supposed to solve this problem?

>using a retarded slow shutter speed on a high speed object

Film would have been just a retarded blue blurr. Stop meming about shit you know nothing about.

>Film
>what is 3CCD

YouTube should just let you fullscreen in vertical mode on your phone. Problem solved.
This. Outside of work I'm pretty sure only nerds and gamers use computers in 2017.

I mean why would you?

haha he go ZOOOM haha

Well you said literally everything. And you are wrong.

No one said anything about film you retard. But it probably would've came out better than that monstrosity now that you mention it.

Read
>literally taking it literally when people say literally in 2017

please fuck off and die. nobody likes people like you, you probably know that already though.

Film would have probably caught the same as our eyes: a blue, blurry mess. Much better than that Google Maps-tier warped bullshit either way.

>i dont even use a computer anymore. my phone can literally do it all.

Sometimes you can watch vertical shit fullscreen on jewtube. Dunno what triggers it though

It can do anything a normal person who's not a gamer or a nerd needs.

>i dont even use a computer anymore. my phone can literally do it all.
>please fuck off and die. nobody likes people like you, you probably know that already though.
>2017

>It can do anything a normal person who's not a gamer or a nerd needs.

>Dosen't even have an actual file browser

what's this? 2010? people film and watch videos on their phones, it's only logical

When basement dwellers can't face the truth.

Why use a computer outside of work?
A what now?

>twingo
No
>but it's an /o/ meme!
It's obviously some sort of weird dodge stratus

>When basement dwellers can't face the truth.
>mfw phoneposters can't greentext and write "When" instead of "tfw" or "mfw" like this is fucking facebook

>Why use a computer outside of work?
why post on Sup Forums if you aren't interested in technology?

>greentexting cause no argument.

>implying you are worth arguing with

Computers are not the only technology out there user

>still trying to argue
>still no arguments
Just give up little boy.

>phoneposter this desperate for attention
this is your last (you). just remember you don't belong on this board. go back to facebook

We got a badass over here.

I've been on this board for years M80. Even back when computers were still convenient.

there should be a fuckhuge popup of that image when you start recording video in portrait tb.h that's the only way normies will ever learn

This site is 18+ only.

I blame social media. A lot of apps don't let you rotate the screen so retards ended up filming everything vertically because of it.

dumb phoneposters

real quick, if the camera is a circle how can you even tell? video should look the same either way

Phoneposting is more comfortable

Lens is circular, but the CCD array is rectangular

portraits orientation is better for portraits which is what most people are filming. you don't go into a gallery and see all paintings all exactly the same orientation and ratio do you? it's more a problem that tvs and monitors can't easily use their full resolution for any orientation, no that wahhh wahh people are dumb filmed in the most natural way wahh wahh

I mostly hate the niggers who add black bars next to vertical videos

It's an Audi you fucking retards

friend of mine went overseas to take some videos of his machines in operation to help with sales
he took them all in portrait, it didn't cross his mind it wouldn't fit on a computer monitor/tv
he reckons the camera app should show a warning about the aspect ratio

if it took 1:1 video, it would look the same either way, but they don't take 1:1 video

It's easier to hold the phone vertically so people automatically do it if they don't realize it's wrong. An easy fix for this would be moving the camera lense in the middle of the device, so you can have a comfortable grip on both sides and you would start doing it more. It's possible to have a good grip even now but not as good.

Why don't they just turn the lens 90 degrees? So when you hold your phone vertically, it records in landscape mode. The preview when recording can be letterboxed the way 16:9 pictures used to be letterboxed on 4:3 TVs. The way you hold your phone to record videos doesn't need to have any relation to the way you hold your phone to view videos.

Honestly it depends what you are filming.

Sometimes what you want to record is a person and thus more portrait orientated. Sometimes you want to record what is happening around the person as well, then it makes more sense to use a landscape orientation.

Fact is that even if they recorded in landscape, the subject won't take up any more, or less, area than recording in portrait mode on a landscape orientated display, but if you can switch your display to portrait it will take up less area than if you had recorded in portrait.

So basically, use the right orientation at the right time.

It's not about shutter speed, it's about the fact the sensor is read from either top to bottom or bottom to top, so any really fast moving objects will have moved in the time between the start and the end of the read.

It's not usually much of an issue, usually only for close, fast moving objects.
Almost all DLSRs up for $3000 and above even, have the same issue to varying degrees.

Pretty sure it's a Fiero with a body kit.

uh because people generally watch videos on their phone?

Your videos would look retarded on your phone though, wich is where most people view their videos.

muh br/o/

Not a problem with Xperia phones, they're designed for being held either way

Pretty sure it's an

>YouTube should just let you fullscreen in vertical mode on your phone. Problem solved.

You can do this if the video is rendered in a 9:16, most of the time though people export as 16:9, leaving hardcoded black bars

>He doesn't have a vertical stand

Why don't they just rotate the fucking camera

There is nothing wrong with vertical video. Google is just to lazy to make their sites look good with it.

No one's using the camera apps in Facebook or Twitter, retard.

But everyone uses Snapchat, which doesn't rotate.

Warp Speed

Who the fuck watches cell phone video on TV? Most cell phone video is watched on other cell phones so filming vertically actually makes more sense.

>vertical videos
Here's why it's a popular thing: Your TV does sit that way but your phone does not.

Exactly.

Daily reminder that desktop users are a minority, most video on the internet is consumed on mobile devices.
Filming vertically is just more natural and it's not something you think about when you're just trying to capture whatever the fuck you're trying to capture.

That's not about shutter speed retard.

>greentexting cause no argument