When will wood accent make a come back on gadgets?

When will wood accent make a come back on gadgets?

the 2070s

This is now a comfy thread.

Wood is cheap, easy to work, durable and has a rich appearance. Idk why it's not more popular.

When humanity sees a 1 inch thick layer of plastic over our oceans.

Soon I hope.

Solid wood is durable, but thing,cut wood detailing in weird shape is highly prone to splitting. And you can't exactly make whole shells out of wood; it has abysmal Thermal Conductivity.

Just imagine the feeling of commanding your own spaceship and having such comfy seats.
>Be rich enough to afford a small VR spaceship on hydraulic for realistic simulation
>8k windows
>a whole server room for exterior simulation
>be at home

I'm not talking about making phones out of it. And wood laminates are very resistant to splitting and warping. For other things, thermal conductivity through a chassis is only relevant if you're passive cooling. A fan over a heatsink removes orders of magnitude more heat than passive conduction into a case.

tan leather office chair > black

Early 90's station wagons and vans with wood paneling on the outside forever made it look like cheap crap.

i love broncos and buicks with wood paneling

Because corporations make profit from expensive, hard to maintain, made to break, and simplistic objects.

korf minilogue

>M-MUH WOODGRAIN!!!

he's a cool youtuber tho

Go back to bed, Clint.

I like him a lot, also his voice is soothing and compared to most other Youtubers he's not annoying.

Lol flammables
>inb4 synthetics r a bigger fire hazard
Sssshhhhh

Is that a gaming chair? Where is this?

I've been staring at OP's image for good 5 minutes, it's so comfy I could feel my stress levels dropping. Back when this show was a thing, I never noticed how much detail they put in.

>Early 90's
That wasn't wood, it was a big wood-grain vinyl sticker.
Woodies and cars that look like them haven't been made of actual wood since the '50s.

I have this cool fire hazard gadget
I know put it in wooden case

i absolutely LOVE mine ! i also got the monologue and damn it the workflow on these machines is goldly ! i almost prefer making music on the monologue than on the ms-20mini (but is still use it for foundation bass sounds)
anyway, good post man

Thank you. I almost wanted to get it too, I had a budget of around 700€. I decided to get into modular tough and bought myself some doepfer modules. I might get the monologue at some point.

The blu-ray remasters really do change the atmosphere of the enterprise - it looks less like an 80's hotel and more like a top comfy command centre.

Still impractical as all fuck, but it looks better.

Mark my fucking words, neo-baroque loaded with electronics will become a thing, it won't be even IoT anymore, it will be a internet of matter.

I know exactly your feels user