>you only began using Emacs in the current year, 2017
>you will never experience Emacs's heyday

Vim is better

I sort of miss ugly old xwindows, he forgot xeyes though

Why not run emacs in console mode?

fpbp

>tfw you realize emacs is a better vim than vim

>not using neovim

>a bloated piece of shit is better than a retarded piece of dung.

Go nvi or go home. vi doesn't need any fancy extra features, it's already perfect.

not an improvement

>2010+7
>not running emacs on the kernel as a lisp machine
what is this guy doing?

I remember my Amiga came with microemacs by default, but I switched to vim when that came out. Vim originally came out on amiga first.

>using anything except emacs with evil mode enabled
why? Vim is garbage for anything except its god tier text editing. Emacs has garbage text editing.

installed on my old amiga, this copy of memacs is from 1986 but still damn useful.

mein nigger
>tfw emacs+evil patrician tier

What's stopping you from running it now?
All those utils are still packaged with the latest xorg distribution.

Console mode only removes emacs functionality. Not that that isn't a reasonable thing to do, but considering I can use Emacs as its own terminal emulator, I'd rather not have Emacs itself opened up withing a terminal emulator.

uemacs is basically vim with emacs keybinds.

Upvoted XD

Am I the only one that uses nano?

no, other people also don't know how to use vim

Using Emacs with Vim keybindings is like using Linux to run Windows cmd in wine: it can be done but is fucking retarded.

Why not though? I'm usually wary of "neo" type projects, but it's objectively true that vim's codebase is ancient in a bad way. Neovim isn't a meme python rewrite or anything like that, it's still in C, and it doesn't try to bloat up a bunch of meme features - it just seems to seek reasonable improvements, like proper async plugin support.
And sure, it improves python and ruby plugin support, but the main focus is on Lua plugins. And vimscript is still fully supported if you really love it so much.
It's not made or promoted by SJWs either as far as I'm aware of (though I haven't really looked deep into that).

So I'm genuinely interested, what's wrong with it?

Nothing, I'm nostalgic for it but I appreciate the UI and aesthetic improvements since then