Technology careers

I guess the other thread for deleted before I could make my post,

New thread since the original OP hasn't made one

Let's talk Technology jobs. IT, programing, technology sales. What do you do? How do you like your job?

Feild: IT
Job / title: Teir II computer repair
Region: South West
Pay / salary: $25 an hour
Sex: male
Years working: 2

This is a discussion on the jobs and technologies we use in our everyday lives at work.

I recently got an offer from Microsoft in the 120-130k range however they found out I lied on my resume. In my view it isn't a loss for me as I probably would not have gotten an interview otherwise. I did however get a sense of validation from the experience as one of the interviewers said "you are probably getting be getting offers everywhere you interview, right".

Op from last thread

Feild: Software Development
Job / title: Backend Software Engineer
Region: Southeast (GA)
Pay / salary: $55,000 yearly
Years working: One (recently graduated and started work a year ago)

What did you lie about and why? If you don't mind sharing.

go fuck yourself

What job / pay did you eventually get.

I didn’t graduate from college. I couldn’t justify the 60,000 a year expense as it could mean a lifetime of debt slavery. I also did not in fact get offers everywhere I interviewed for politically incorrect reasons and made something up to fill the job gap.
Nothing

What can I position should I apply for if I have no prior work history, no degrees, and no certs? My resume is fucking empty.

I need a job asap and I've been applying everywhere including Walmart, but I like to be optimistic and apply in a field I like. I don't care if they fucking laugh at my face, just the chance is enough.

I had an a+ and ccna but they're both expired now. I know how to Google as well. I want a tech job, help desk, anything. They just need to give me a chance I promise I'll work harder than pajeet and accept less.

I was in your position too, my friend. I knew I could code but had nothing to show for it in terms of things to write on my resume. I ended up living on the street.

they deleted your thread because it wasn't tech related, take a hint

Well that's encouraging

>$60,000 a year
My total debt was $30,000 and I paid it off in two years. College was totally worth it.
I got my A+ and got several job offers using it, but ended up in a different feild.

I'm not the OG OP faggot. He probably got it deleted because it was just about jobs rather than about technology used in jobs dumbass.

Old Op here, it got deleted because of the image

no it didn't, you're retarded

>All these dubs and trips
Nice
Checked.

I litterally got an explicit warning message saying so dipshit, or are you so new to Sup Forums you don't know that you get messages when something is deleted?

I work in a hospital laboratory, and if any younglings want a career that will be forever in need and make stupid amounts of money, go into a field where you can repair medical equipment. We have one tech that services 3 states for our specific machine, and he told me he makes about 80 an hour just to get out the door. You're pretty busy and away from home a lot, but it's extremely solid.

you got an off topic warning for your thread, it's a generic message and it said nothing about your image

(OP)
Op from last thread

Field: Software Development
Job / title: C++/.Net developer
Region: Midwest
Pay / salary: $80,000 yearly
Years working: 2 as a dev 5 years total

I have a degree in mechanical engineering but taught myself programing and work at a fortune 500. Two years ago they laid off a bunch of people and I got a chance to do some software development. It was supposed to be temporary but I did a good enough job to stay on the dev team. Now I mostly do maintenance on legacy C++ or current C# applications. I almost never get to work with new technology, and dealing with legacy code sucks ass. Trying to find a new job, but companies don't like that I don't have a CS degree. It is what it is I guess.

Feild: IT
Job / title: Project Manager
Region: NY
Pay / salary: $100,000
Years working: 7

Not him but
>newfag detected
If you've never gotten an image only warning then you haven't been here long enough

I can say with certainty that I've been banned more than everyone in this thread combined and that's never happened

I got a job at $40k in software development and after a year decided to move on and get a new job, told my boss I had an offer at 50 k and would be leaving and he got me a raise to 55k. Been working with modern technologies too, golang, angular, react native. I find it to be enjoyable

I think the problem with OPs last thread was that it was just a data collection / census style thread, However, this one is ok topic as it's about the technology we use at our work

but it's not, it's the exact same thread

>Haha look at me I can't read

You're literally retarded

Try CA you should get some good hits over there

Field: IT
Job / Title: Network Scaling Technician
Region: NW
Pay: $30/hr
Years IT Work: 3
College: CompSci AAS

I'd recommend a Data Center, we hire tons of people who have no fucking idea what they're doing. Lots of them start as contract positions.

Cost of living is so damn high out there though

what do you actually do?

Field: IT (Financial Tech)
Job / title: System Engineer
Region: Midwest (Chicago)
Pay / salary: 90k
Years working: 3~

Originally went to school for Chemistry, but dropped out to start in IT. Computers are more fun than chemicals.

Honestly, not very much. Mostly device deployments into data centers. I was on a regular data center operations crew, and only switched to this team because I get to travel a lot. I hate networking shit, and all my new coworkers.

I second this, my 2nd IT job was in a datacenter . My first job was a trendy startup.
Currently unemployed , I havent applied to either of those situations again, because most are too far or want you to work graveyard shifts. Might be time to suck it up.

Most people say you dont need a degree just a portfolio, but Im finding that usually people that say that already have a degree or connections, so they have no idea what theyre talking about.

>building a pc on a carpeted floor

lol