0 job listings found for search "LISP programming"

>0 job listings found for search "LISP programming"
>0 job listings found for search "Haskell programming"
>100 job listings found for search "Java programming"
>1000 job listings found for search "Javascript coding"

Other urls found in this thread:

javascript.info/array
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>not starting your own company using a haskell-inspired lazy LISP dialect you wrote yourself

>All javascript coding jobs require use of the unholy abomination known as jquery

> can't into javascript
C'mon OP it's just a wonky version of C that runs in a browser

>jquery
>2017
You meant to say React/Redux, vue or Angular.

What is C without integer arithmetic?

You are asking me to eat mud after I've experienced eating at a Michelin star restaurant. I refuse to put "Javascript experience" on my resume.

What is your problem with jquery?

>tfw no one at work appreciates purely recursive functions
>mfw supervisor orders me to redo some shit because iterating through lists recursively "isn't """"scalable"""""

job listings found for search "LISP programming"
try Clojure dumbass

>lisp and haskell are overrated
>michelin restaurants are overrated
pottery

you're gonna have to try harder than that user

>1 job found for search "COBOL programming"
I fell for the meme. Don't bother learning this outdated trash. Most companies are moving away from it eventually and you'll be SOL when you've been using some dusty old shit instead of the newest js meme.

If arrays still work, aren't they at least semi-integers?

>tail recursion doesn't exist
Get a new job asap. Why work for a brainlet?

I've completed all my hackerrank challenges using js

>how to never get your company off the ground: the post

>Java

C and LISP are literally the best languages ever created though.

GrammaTech hires Common Lisp programmers, they do crazy security work.

Haskell is for some reason now really big in the Oil & Gas startup industry, mainly analyzing data using Haskell (why I have no idea).

Javascript can be compiled from any language, so if you can write OCaml or Lisp just compile it to vanilla js. You can now take two of these shiity js jobs but because your stuff is type safe before being compiled, there won't be any bugs. Hell get 3 jobs.

>If arrays still work, aren't they at least semi-integers?
Arrays in javascript are hash-maps that use strings for keys. When you access arr[2], the 2 gets casted to the string "2" and then used as the key for the map.

I'm not sure, it's possible though
For blank arrays like var a[];

Can't you define the length like var a[10] = {...}; though?

javascript.info/array
{} gives a keyed object that can still be accessed through blah["Yes"] along with blah.Yes
[] seems to be a proper array

That sounds terrible desu, why couldn't they have the array directly map to a location in the memory like C? I don't know JavaScript btw

We use python so tail recursion isn't a thing unfortunately.

from a purely strict definition, yes.

that doesn't mean optimizations aren't occurring that creates a real array or vector in C++ somewhere in the js engine.

granted, doing things like adding non-numeric keys or other weird shit would just turn it into the object that it is specified to be, but with different protos and a length member.

technically you have typed arrays.

Keep your job mang and point out later how concurrent it is

>he wants to write Lisp for a living

Learn sql.

People are programming video game engines in C and you're complaining about jQuery

But C is, ya know, good?

get with the times old man

If you want a job for the former two, and others like COBOL, you have to figure out current employees identities and browse obituaries.

I remember having to learn jqurry and the fuckers dont even have a consistent nameing scheme like some functions will be camel cased and others will be fully lowercased or sometimes even uper cased to start but everything is lowered and then you have the (object) meme

>be student
>work at research institute writing Python shit for 2 years
>whatever, it's easy work for decent monies
>writing master's thesis there
>ask superior if they'll have an opening for a non-student research assistant after I get my degree so I can keep doing my thing
>"Sorry user, we don't have room for more reseach assistants, you have to look elsewhere."
Damn it. That job was comfy.
Guess I need to dust off my C skills and look for openings for firmware developers.

>doesn't understand that people want products, not cute research languages

Literally all that does is change the length property in the prototype

Literally any property can be accessed with []. In fact, you need to if the property key has a space.
let obj = {"my key": val}
Only way to retrieve val is obj["my key"]

>Python
Finds your problem ;-)

Why do developers do this?

=)

Best post in this thread desu.

Sup Forumstards pls take note, you do want a job after you get your CS degree right?

because you didn't pay for support

>Degree in JavaScript
>Any job I want
>300K/year starting

Warren Buffet said "Whatever you like to do, make it a hobby and whatever the world likes to do, make it a business."

>tfw no one at work appreciates purely recursive functions
For good reasons, standard recursion is trash in pretty much all imperative/OO lauguage
>mfw supervisor orders me to redo some shit because iterating through lists recursively "isn't """"scalable"""""
He is right.
standard recursion uses the stack and not the heap.
The stack has a max size and by no mean you should be near this limit.
I wouldn't want someone as clueless as you in my team.

>expecting to find jobs for meme languages

>he is so smart he knows lisp
>he is so smart he knows haskell
>yet he can't figure out a way to make a living besides selling his time in a non scalable way to a company eg becoming a cubicle drone wage cuck.
dude, money's lying on the streets. stop thinking in 1890s paradigms of being a replaceable cog in a machine. the capital required to start your business nowadays is having access to a cheap laptop/pc and knowing a programming language. you disgust me.

Isn't JavaScript functional underneath the hood?